Android vs. iOS

MuffinTopMike

its on! lol jk..

I have a xperia z1  and before i landed on it i had a xperia z first smart phones,lollipop i tried and didn't like at the end was using cyanogenmod, right now from yesterday back on kitkat  "ihackers rom Aroma Version" and am loving it the set up the toys its like a hole new phone and the battery saving is lovely its like it suspends it in time lol "with all battery saving features on"... my friends have iphones they love them thats about it ..

edit : Whatever u can do on a andriod an iphone can do as well but with andriod can do things that iphones cannot

That's true some people love android and some people just really love iOS, although Android has some pretty nice features, especially for power saving. 

Let me phrase that better for you: "Whatever you can do on iOS, you can do on Android." :P

Usually you can do more on Android than on iOS, but if you jailbreak you phone then iOS and Android pretty much become equal in terms of features.

Heyyo,

OH! Another thing to take heed of? Disable iMessage before moving to Android! Otherwise people using iMessage won't be able to send you texts for over a month.

http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/How-to-deactivate-iMessage-if-you-re-switching-from-iPhone

Oooops my mistake, but when the iPhone 4 got the iOS 7 update is was super slow, pretty much unusable.

Yep! The previous dispatcher at my job updated the dispatch iPhone 4 to iOS 7... and wow, loading programs took for freaking ever! The whole phone lost I'd say 20% of its performance which is insane! Tbh Apple shouldn't have made iOS 7 an option on the iPhone 4... and of course the previous dispatcher had no idea bout saving SHSH blobs so I can't even roll the thing back to iOS 6 if I wanted to haha fml... so I just cancelled my personal phone plan and tossed my work sim card into my HTC One M7 and now I'm laughing away in Android bliss. :)

Yeah, I going to agree with you on that one, Apple's software updates are terrible especially with the iOS 7 update where they were so selective about which devices could be updated and which would be stuck with the old software. Like the iPhone 4 could not be updated to iOS 7 and at the time the iPhone 4 was not even 3 years old, which meant all those people who only bought the phone a couple of years before the update couldn't download it, which was so stupid. And if you don't use the latest model of phone then most of the updates will lag out the phone, like the iPhone 4s with iOS 7 is pretty slow. How are you liking Android compared to iOS? Is it easier to use? How long did it take until you were used to Android?

There's barely any learning curve brah. Lots of the basics are the same it's just the layout is a little different for stuff like your notification drawer and such. My favorite part is definitely the customization. It's nuts how much you can do on Android!

Want an emulator? BAM! Right on the official Google Play Store. (iOS you have to jailbreak and hope it's non-tethered so it doesn't get boned on reboots and then use Cydia to find some emulators since not all of the ones that are on Android exsist on iOS)

Want to change your default browser? BAM! You get a popup when you click a link asking you what program you wish to use for that link (apple you have to jailbreak and hope it's a non-tethered jailbreak so rebooting doesn't bone your phone and then use Cydia to get "default browser changer"... wtf? why doesn't Apple let people change default browser by default? Mac OSX lets you... why not iOS?)

And as I said before? Don't like the latest Android update or the OS is bugging out due to the update? BAM! Unlock your bootloader and you can even roll back to the original version of Android the phone shipped with if you really wanted to. :)

Those are two prime examples of why I freaking LOVE Android. You can do whatever you want! The only real limitation is how much effort are you willing to put in lol.

That's the trade off lol get more features and it won't perform as well or don't upgrade. Apple could had made everything much less graphically intense though but that's a matter of taste.

You can use that Ease of Access or whatever it's called to disable animations... but brah, it barely makes a performance difference. It's under the hood, the engine that powers iOS 7 and 8 that seems to say "good support for older devices? pfft."

That's true some people love android and some people just really love iOS, although Android has some pretty nice features, especially for power saving. 

Usually you can do more on Android than on iOS, but if you jailbreak you phone then iOS and Android pretty much become equal in terms of features.

Yeah, both offer very very similar base experiences... it's just a matter of how much customization abilities you want or how diverse you want your smartphone setup to be.

iOS is still a damn solid experience (as long as you're mindful of the risks of iOS updates). For gaming? It doesn't need the same hardware specifications as Android due to Apples Metal API. What's Metal? Think of DirectX 12 or AMD's Mantle. That's what Apple's Metal is. Apple developed their own API to make a low-level API "as close to metal" so the software could perform as efficiently as possible for the hardware. It's definitely a distinct efficiency advantage that iOS has... for now. Once Khronos releases Vulcan (OpenGL's glNext) there probably won't be much (if any) performance efficiency gap in 3D gaming.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

OH! Another thing to take heed of? Disable iMessage before moving to Android! Otherwise people using iMessage won't be able to send you texts for over a month.

http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/How-to-deactivate-iMessage-if-you-re-switching-from-iPhone

Yep! The previous dispatcher at my job updated the dispatch iPhone 4 to iOS 7... and wow, loading programs took for freaking ever! The whole phone lost I'd say 20% of its performance which is insane! Tbh Apple shouldn't have made iOS 7 an option on the iPhone 4... and of course the previous dispatcher had no idea bout saving SHSH blobs so I can't even roll the thing back to iOS 6 if I wanted to haha fml... so I just cancelled my personal phone plan and tossed my work sim card into my HTC One M7 and now I'm laughing away in Android bliss. :)

There's barely any learning curve brah. Lots of the basics are the same it's just the layout is a little different for stuff like your notification drawer and such. My favorite part is definitely the customization. It's nuts how much you can do on Android!

Want an emulator? BAM! Right on the official Google Play Store. (iOS you have to jailbreak and hope it's non-tethered so it doesn't get boned on reboots and then use Cydia to find some emulators since not all of the ones that are on Android exsist on iOS)

Want to change your default browser? BAM! You get a popup when you click a link asking you what program you wish to use for that link (apple you have to jailbreak and hope it's a non-tethered jailbreak so rebooting doesn't bone your phone and then use Cydia to get "default browser changer"... wtf? why doesn't Apple let people change default browser by default? Mac OSX lets you... why not iOS?)

And as I said before? Don't like the latest Android update or the OS is bugging out due to the update? BAM! Unlock your bootloader and you can even roll back to the original version of Android the phone shipped with if you really wanted to. :)

Those are two prime examples of why I freaking LOVE Android. You can do whatever you want! The only real limitation is how much effort are you willing to put in lol.

You can use that Ease of Access or whatever it's called to disable animations... but brah, it barely makes a performance difference. It's under the hood, the engine that powers iOS 7 and 8 that seems to say "good support for older devices? pfft."

Yeah, both offer very very similar base experiences... it's just a matter of how much customization abilities you want or how diverse you want your smartphone setup to be.

iOS is still a damn solid experience (as long as you're mindful of the risks of iOS updates). For gaming? It doesn't need the same hardware specifications as Android due to Apples Metal API. What's Metal? Think of DirectX 12 or AMD's Mantle. That's what Apple's Metal is. Apple developed their own API to make a low-level API "as close to metal" so the software could perform as efficiently as possible for the hardware. It's definitely a distinct efficiency advantage that iOS has... for now. Once Khronos releases Vulcan (OpenGL's glNext) there probably won't be much (if any) performance efficiency gap in 3D gaming.

Wow! Thanks for the awesome post that has cleared up a lot of my questions about the differences between the two and switching from iOS to Android.

I've been using an Android for 2 years now (been using hand-me-down Galaxy S3 and S4) and to be honest I feel like iOS + Jailbreak is a better than Android (even with root). Ive done it all on Android and iOS regarding tweaks, flashes/roms, etc. and I feel like I had a better experience with my iPhone 3gs from back in the day. However this may just be my frustration with my current S4 and its inability to be flashed due to a locked bootloader. At the same time however, I'm getting drawn back to how apps are just more polished on iOS (its the same reason i will never touch Windows Phone). At this point, my next phone will likely be an iPhone (unless a newer android phone and lollipop woo me again).

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I've been using an Android for 2 years now (been using hand-me-down Galaxy S3 and S4) and to be honest I feel like iOS + Jailbreak is a better than Android (even with root). Ive done it all on Android and iOS regarding tweaks, flashes/roms, etc. and I feel like I had a better experience with my iPhone 3gs from back in the day. However this may just be my frustration with my current S4 and its inability to be flashed due to a locked bootloader. At the same time however, I'm getting drawn back to how apps are just more polished on iOS (its the same reason i will never touch Windows Phone). At this point, my next phone will likely be an iPhone (unless a newer android phone and lollipop woo me again).

Yeah, iOS is very refined and is super smooth to use, I suppose Android can be like that but it really depends on the ROM being used.

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy.

That is very true, how long did it take for you to get used to Android?

Honestly, about 3 hours. I did, however, do a lot of research beforehand and went through every setting and tweaked everything to how I liked before I moved on to launchers and the like, so YMMV.

There are a lot of things that annoy me on iOS, but it really depends whether they are enough to make me switch to Android. I just have to decide if I need the extra features that come with Android.

There are a few things I miss, like instant updates (though with the disaster that 5.0 and to a lesser extent iOS 8 has been, I'm not sure that's a bad thing) and Heads Up notifications (coming in 5.0). But it's completely worth it and I can't imagine going back to iOS now.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Heyyo,

Yeah I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S4, but after how many people complained about the Galaxy S3 and even the Samsung Nexus phones? I steered clear and went for the HTC One M7 which many people said was still a very solid experience even compared to the better hardware on the Galaxy S4. I haven't had a single bad update on the HTC One M7. Every update has only made it better. The only problem I've experienced with my One M7 was lollipop. It does have a memory leak to some degree where the multitask window was sluggish compared to before. Luckily? There's the exodus memory leak fix and after a few seconds of installing and rebooting my phone? She was working super smooth again. :)

HTC supports unlocking the bootloader directly from their website https://www.htcdev.com/ and she worked great for me and simple to follow. ;)

Yeah, iOS is very refined and is super smooth to use, I suppose Android can be like that but it really depends on the ROM being used.

Exactly. I found HTC Sense to be a VERY user friendly and smooth experience. I'm very very happy I read up on it and watched reviews from MKBHD and many others on YouTube before I got it. People might complain that the HTC One M9 might not have a QHD display? But it's a very solid build yet again with tweaks to their near-perfect Android flagship formula. The only thing that seems to be an issue on the HTC One M9 just like my One M7? The camera isn't as good as it could be. Ultra pixel was good in low light but was mediocre for the rest of the time, and the One M9 is the opposite where it takes brilliant photos with lighting and not good in low light.

Then again? Lots of people complain about lots of cameras on Android phones which is ironic... since Android started off as a digital camera operating system that turned into a smartphone to rival Apple hahaha. :P

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy.

Honestly, about 3 hours. I did, however, do a lot of research beforehand and went through every setting and tweaked everything to how I liked before I moved on to launchers and the like, so YMMV.

There are a few things I miss, like instant updates (though with the disaster that 5.0 and to a lesser extent iOS 8 has been, I'm not sure that's a bad thing) and Heads Up notifications (coming in 5.0). But it's completely worth it and I can't imagine going back to iOS now.

Pretty much this. The good thing about Android vs iOS in this regard? Like I said earlier, you can unlock your bootloader (well, as Giddyguy pointed out on at least most Android phones unless the manufacturer is a dink about it) and just roll back to any previous version of Android. If I really wanted to? I could roll back to the original Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean) and put it back to the original stock image. ;)

Or if I wanted to? I could even install a vanilla version of Android and experience the phone the original way that Google envisioned Android. To be honest though? HTC did such a fine job with the tweaks of Sense skin ontop of Android that I actually like it a little better than stock.

Plus? There's a darn good variety even if you don't want a flagship phone... Want an epic cost-effective phone and use it on a non-contract network like LinusTechTips advertised Ting? Or something kind of equivalent in Canada like Koodo? There's phones like the Motorolla Moto G or the epic OnePlus One (which I just ordered last Tuesday since it's got the best frequency band support for a $500 CAD phone with fantastic hardware specs).

For other good Chinese brands for cost effective phones? If you don't care about potential lack of 4G LTE band support in Canada for example? There's a bunch of Android phones packing the awesome MediaTek MT6752 SoC that get you really darn good performance at a budget pricetag.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/03/26/top-5-mediatek-mt6752-phones-you-can-own-now/

The iOcean M6752 and the Meizu M1 Note were two I was seriously considering for the longest time but I eventually went with the OnePlus One for better frequency band support... but these phones are damn good if you want a fun smartphone at a price that won't hurt your wallet for years and get you onto a carrier without a high priced contract. ;)

Trying to order an iPhone off contract is painful. Buying a new unlocked from Apple costs an arm and a leg... that's even if you can. Plus? Even older iPhones resell for a pretty high price even though a lot aren't worth it or list what current version of iOS is on it (NEVER buy an iPhone 4s unless it's on iOS 6 or lower for example and pray that the guy already did the unlock so you won't need to do a restore to unlock or you'll end up as boned as I was back in the day).

Definitely no matter which way you pick? Do lots of research is what I'm saying. There's so much variety these days and SOOO many promising phones around the corner (like the well deserved hype of the Asus Zenfone 2 and the mysterious OnePlus 2 eventually releasing) and there's lots to choose from.

For a flagship phone on a contract right meow? I'd probably go for the HTC One M9 since I had such a damn good experience with the HTC One M7 and their superb software quality. Plus? The One M9 supports up to 2TB SD cards! That's ridiculous! lol. Plus? The phone's bound to have a really damn good battery life since it's packing a 1080P display with a big battery. If I were to wait on a flagship phone with contract? I'd probably consider the promising HTC One E9+ with the 5.5" screen and the very promising MediaTek MT6795 SoC. In 2014? The MediaTek MT6595 was one of the fastest CPUs on the market on the Meizu MX4 and even toppled the mighty OnePlus One in that regard of price to performance.. but it did lack the frequency band support the OnePlus One has. :P

Heyyo,

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

Yeah I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S4, but after how many people complained about the Galaxy S3 and even the Samsung Nexus phones? I steered clear and went for the HTC One M7 which many people said was still a very solid experience even compared to the better hardware on the Galaxy S4. I haven't had a single bad update on the HTC One M7. Every update has only made it better. The only problem I've experienced with my One M7 was lollipop. It does have a memory leak to some degree where the multitask window was sluggish compared to before. Luckily? There's the exodus memory leak fix and after a few seconds of installing and rebooting my phone? She was working super smooth again. :)

HTC supports unlocking the bootloader directly from their website https://www.htcdev.com/ and she worked great for me and simple to follow. ;)

Exactly. I found HTC Sense to be a VERY user friendly and smooth experience. I'm very very happy I read up on it and watched reviews from MKBHD and many others on YouTube before I got it. People might complain that the HTC One M9 might not have a QHD display? But it's a very solid build yet again with tweaks to their near-perfect Android flagship formula. The only thing that seems to be an issue on the HTC One M9 just like my One M7? The camera isn't as good as it could be. Ultra pixel was good in low light but was mediocre for the rest of the time, and the One M9 is the opposite where it takes brilliant photos with lighting and not good in low light.

Then again? Lots of people complain about lots of cameras on Android phones which is ironic... since Android started off as a digital camera operating system that turned into a smartphone to rival Apple hahaha. :P

Pretty much this. The good thing about Android vs iOS in this regard? Like I said earlier, you can unlock your bootloader (well, as Giddyguy pointed out on at least most Android phones unless the manufacturer is a dink about it) and just roll back to any previous version of Android. If I really wanted to? I could roll back to the original Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean) and put it back to the original stock image. ;)

Or if I wanted to? I could even install a vanilla version of Android and experience the phone the original way that Google envisioned Android. To be honest though? HTC did such a fine job with the tweaks of Sense skin ontop of Android that I actually like it a little better than stock.

Plus? There's a darn good variety even if you don't want a flagship phone... Want an epic cost-effective phone and use it on a non-contract network like LinusTechTips advertised Ting? Or something kind of equivalent in Canada like Koodo? There's phones like the Motorolla Moto G or the epic OnePlus One (which I just ordered last Tuesday since it's got the best frequency band support for a $500 CAD phone with fantastic hardware specs).

For other good Chinese brands for cost effective phones? If you don't care about potential lack of 4G LTE band support in Canada for example? There's a bunch of Android phones packing the awesome MediaTek MT6752 SoC that get you really darn good performance at a budget pricetag.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/03/26/top-5-mediatek-mt6752-phones-you-can-own-now/

The iOcean M6752 and the Meizu M1 Note were two I was seriously considering for the longest time but I eventually went with the OnePlus One for better frequency band support... but these phones are damn good if you want a fun smartphone at a price that won't hurt your wallet for years and get you onto a carrier without a high priced contract. ;)

Trying to order an iPhone off contract is painful. Buying a new unlocked from Apple costs an arm and a leg... that's even if you can. Plus? Even older iPhones resell for a pretty high price even though a lot aren't worth it or list what current version of iOS is on it (NEVER buy an iPhone 4s unless it's on iOS 6 or lower for example and pray that the guy already did the unlock so you won't need to do a restore to unlock or you'll end up as boned as I was back in the day).

Definitely no matter which way you pick? Do lots of research is what I'm saying. There's so much variety these days and SOOO many promising phones around the corner (like the well deserved hype of the Asus Zenfone 2 and the mysterious OnePlus 2 eventually releasing) and there's lots to choose from.

For a flagship phone on a contract right meow? I'd probably go for the HTC One M9 since I had such a damn good experience with the HTC One M7 and their superb software quality. Plus? The One M9 supports up to 2TB SD cards! That's ridiculous! lol. Plus? The phone's bound to have a really damn good battery life since it's packing a 1080P display with a big battery. If I were to wait on a flagship phone with contract? I'd probably consider the promising HTC One E9+ with the 5.5" screen and the very promising MediaTek MT6795 SoC. In 2014? The MediaTek MT6595 was one of the fastest CPUs on the market on the Meizu MX4 and even toppled the mighty OnePlus One in that regard of price to performance.. but it did lack the frequency band support the OnePlus One has. :P

Well said, you do definitely get more options with Android, there is literally an Android phone for every budget and almost any need. I have been looking at buying either an outright iPhone or Android phone and the iPhones are crazy expensive it is almost $1000 for a 64GB iPhone 6 in Australia. As for Android phones, the HTC One M9 seems pretty nice, I have also been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S6 which is one of my favorite looking Android phones and its screen is probably the best smartphone screen available at the moment. But for me it is more about the OS than the specs or the appearance of the phone. that's why I have liked iOS phones for so long, because even though they have pretty low end specs, its the amazing OS that keeps drawing me back. Whereas Android phones have some amazing specs, but when I used to own a Android phone a couple of years back, I never really liked the OS, but Android has changed a lot over the past 5 years so i'm sure I would like it a lot more now. So now the big decision is if I take the safe option and spend heaps on an iPhone 6, but know that I will like it, or spend less on a powerful Android phone, but take the risk of not liking the OS. I suppose I can always buy the Android phone and if after a couple of months, I still don't like Android then I can just sell it a buy an iPhone. 

Heyyo,

Well said, you do definitely get more options with Android, there is literally an Android phone for every budget and almost any need. I have been looking at buying either an outright iPhone or Android phone and the iPhones are crazy expensive it is almost $1000 for a 64GB iPhone 6 in Australia. As for Android phones, the HTC One M9 seems pretty nice, I have also been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S6 which is one of my favorite looking Android phones and its screen is probably the best smartphone screen available at the moment. But for me it is more about the OS than the specs or the appearance of the phone. that's why I have liked iOS phones for so long, because even though they have pretty low end specs, its the amazing OS that keeps drawing me back. Whereas Android phones have some amazing specs, but when I used to own a Android phone a couple of years back, I never really liked the OS, but Android has changed a lot over the past 5 years so i'm sure I would like it a lot more now. So now the big decision is if I take the safe option and spend heaps on an iPhone 6, but know that I will like it, or spend less on a powerful Android phone, but take the risk of not liking the OS. I suppose I can always buy the Android phone and if after a couple of months, I still don't like Android then I can just sell it a buy an iPhone.

Well said! :)

If you'd rather take a small step before buying a high end flagship phone on a contract? Like I said, there's dirt cheap and these days pretty darn decent specced Android phones packing MediaTek SoC's in them. The iOcean M6752 is a perfect entry phone into Android and if you felt that Android isn't where you want to be? You can easily resell it without risk of losing lots of cash trying to resell a flagship phone off the hop. :)

Here's a dirt cheap Android phone that you could buy and try out and see if you like it. Ulefone Be Pro for $210.32 AUD. I picked it for the build quality, the MT6732 decent Quad Core (would have been near-flagship of my HTC One M7 back in 2013) and quad band 3G support so it'll work around the world in case you ever wanted a cheap unlocked travel phone if you end up loving it and wanting to keep it... instead of risking a Motorolla Droid Turbo getting lost/stolen like Linus did. :P

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Ulefone-Be-Pro-5-5--Android-Phone-2GB-16GB-IPS-HD-Screen-64-bit-4G-LTE-Smartphone-MTK6732-Quad-Core-1-5GHz-13-0MP--Dark-Blue-340268.html

Another few lovely reasons I picked it? Android Pure. This is as close as it gets for non-Nexus devices to be running stock android so you get to experience Android Lollipop in its original form... and it's a thing of beauty. It is just as good (and dare I say better in some regards) than the structurally-sound iOS.

Plus? Smart designs like the USB and headphone jack on the same side of the phone. My truck's audio deck doesn't have bluetooth... and you know how stupid it looks that I have cables sticking out of both sides of my phone in a cradle that doesn't like the offset USB port in my HTC One M7? Damn annoying hahaha. That's what. :P

If you go on YouTube you can find plenty of strong reviews on this phone too. The only gripes people have had was the capacitive buttons don't light up and instead only glow. Still, a pretty minor gripe for a phone that packs so much into such a bargain price. ;)

Heyyo,

Heyyo,

Well said! :)

If you'd rather take a small step before buying a high end flagship phone on a contract? Like I said, there's dirt cheap and these days pretty darn decent specced Android phones packing MediaTek SoC's in them. The iOcean M6752 is a perfect entry phone into Android and if you felt that Android isn't where you want to be? You can easily resell it without risk of losing lots of cash trying to resell a flagship phone off the hop. :)

Here's a dirt cheap Android phone that you could buy and try out and see if you like it. Ulefone Be Pro for $210.32 AUD. I picked it for the build quality, the MT6732 decent Quad Core (would have been near-flagship of my HTC One M7 back in 2013) and quad band 3G support so it'll work around the world in case you ever wanted a cheap unlocked travel phone if you end up loving it and wanting to keep it... instead of risking a Motorolla Droid Turbo getting lost/stolen like Linus did. :P

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Ulefone-Be-Pro-5-5--Android-Phone-2GB-16GB-IPS-HD-Screen-64-bit-4G-LTE-Smartphone-MTK6732-Quad-Core-1-5GHz-13-0MP--Dark-Blue-340268.html

Another few lovely reasons I picked it? Android Pure. This is as close as it gets for non-Nexus devices to be running stock android so you get to experience Android Lollipop in its original form... and it's a thing of beauty. It is just as good (and dare I say better in some regards) than the structurally-sound iOS.

Plus? Smart designs like the USB and headphone jack on the same side of the phone. My truck's audio deck doesn't have bluetooth... and you know how stupid it looks that I have cables sticking out of both sides of my phone in a cradle that doesn't like the offset USB port in my HTC One M7? Damn annoying hahaha. That's what. :P

If you go on YouTube you can find plenty of strong reviews on this phone too. The only gripes people have had was the capacitive buttons don't light up and instead only glow. Still, a pretty minor gripe for a phone that packs so much into such a bargain price. ;)

Wow, that phone actually looks great. I can't believe the specs the Ulefone has for its price, I mean a 5.5 inch screen, Quad Core CPU and 2GB RAM. Usually when I think of budget Android phones I think of the cheap small ones covered in plastic, but that phone looks like a OnePlus One. I think I will buy it, even if I use it for a couple of months and I still don't like Android, then I can just keep it as a backup phone, or as you said as a travel phone, because it is dual sim. And you're right about the Ulefone it has some really good reviews and people really seem to like it. Thanks for suggestion!

Heyyo,

Wow, that phone actually looks great. I can't believe the specs the Ulefone has for its price, I mean a 5.5 inch screen, Quad Core CPU and 2GB RAM. Usually when I think of budget Android phones I think of the cheap small ones covered in plastic, but that phone looks like a OnePlus One. I think I will buy it, even if I use it for a couple of months and I still don't like Android, then I can just keep it as a backup phone, or as you said as a travel phone, because it is dual sim. And you're right about the Ulefone it has some really good reviews and people really seem to like it. Thanks for suggestion!

You're very welcome mang! :)

I'm unsure if Australia charges any customs duty fees for electronic device imports so you might wanna check into that so you don't get a surprise. Canada charges for example about $20 to $40 on a OnePlus One. The Canadian dollar if I'm not mistaken is actually very close in value to the Australian dollar... I'm just not sure if your country has the same crappy government-imposed fee. "Hey, we want part of that online electronic purchase action too!" :P

Heyyo,

Heyyo,

You're very welcome mang! :)

I'm unsure if Australia charges any customs duty fees for electronic device imports so you might wanna check into that so you don't get a surprise. Canada charges for example about $20 to $40 on a OnePlus One. The Canadian dollar if I'm not mistaken is actually very close in value to the Australian dollar... I'm just not sure if your country has the same crappy government-imposed fee. "Hey, we want part of that online electronic purchase action too!" :P

Thankfully Australia doesn't have a customs fee for electronic goods so I can save some money there. I'm not exactly sure how much shipping costs, but probably not too much.

apple, i may sound like a fanboy, but when i used android some apps i downloaded would just crash if i opened them :( (this was on an emulator btw so it could be diffrent in the real world)

Btw: i currently own an iphone and i love it, but i do miss the sd slot and sometimes sharing files and such is way easier on android.

Conclusion (TL;DR)
Ask someone in your family if they have good/bad experience with android, and then buy a good android phone from a reputable brand :)

if their experience is bad, buy the iphone

apple, i may sound like a fanboy, but when i used android some apps i downloaded would just crash if i opened them :( (this was on an emulator btw so it could be diffrent in the real world)

Btw: i currently own an iphone and i love it, but i do miss the sd slot and sometimes sharing files and such is way easier on android.

Conclusion (TL;DR)

Ask someone in your family if they have good/bad experience with android, and then buy a good android phone from a reputable brand :)

if their experience is bad, buy the iphone

Yeah, the apps on iOS are really well refined and I have never really used an app that was unstable. The most annoying thing about iOS is getting music or video onto your phone, it is impossible unless you buy directly from the iTunes app (only popular music) or transfer music from your computer using iTunes which is super slow and often crashes.

I am getting a new phone soon and I really cannot decide between Android and iOS. I have used an iPhone for a number of years and love the simplicity of it, it is just so easy to use. However, I dislike its lack of customization and being part of the Apple crowd. Android is nice, but it seems so over complicated, like how difficult it is to search for an app, or even delete an app. But I really like some of the new Android phones like the Samsung Galaxy S6 with its amazing screen and awesome specs. So can I get used to Android after using iOS for so long? Or should I just stick with iOS?

In recent iterations the deleting process is almost identical, the only difference is it has to be the icon in the app drawer that's deleted, not the one on the home screens. Searching for an app is identical in both the case if it's on the phone (both devices offer app search functions) and both offer a "store" with apps to find new ones.