Snowden reveal Canadian Spies "False Flags" operations

Top-secret files, published by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and The Intercept, show that Canuck intelligence has developed its own technology to keep government servers secure. The EONBLUE system uses a mix of malware signatures and heuristics to identify network threats and maintain communications security.

Along with info about how Canada keeps its infrastructure secure,

Snowden has revealed that Canadian intelligence has the ability to disable, control, or destroy a target's internet-connected infrastructure with software tools.

It can also make attacks look like they been done by someone else to held responsible.

With its own infrastructure, the Communication Security Establishment (CSE) has the ability to process 125GB of internet traffic per hour for intelligence, and store 300TB at a time.

In 2009 it collected an average of 112,794 blobs of interesting network traffic every day, in association with "allied sources."

As a presentation [PDF] makes clear, those allied sources are its sister agencies in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand – the so-called Five Eyesgang. An April 2013 memo [PDF] details how the CSE and NSA have been formally working together since 1949, and in 1986 signed an "Information Assurance" (IA) deal with the US on intelligence operations.

Source:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/24/snowden_dossier_details_canadian_spies_running_false_flag_operations_online/

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

so basically netcut on a national scale?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It's incredible what the gov't can do with the web. Ya know, so long as it is not abused

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

Werd.

This doesn't even make me feel bad.

Canada represent!

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I'm really starting to think that making a hardware fire wall with my resurected slot 1 rig is definitely a good choice, combine it with a VPN and what amounts to 3 different firewalls, my computers should be hard to break.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Sorry aboot this eh.

Seriously though Canada is slowly changing to the US level of privacy.

It really makes me sad that our god damn retarded conservative government is doing this.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

The only people who are surprised that countries do this are naive 'geniuses' like Snowden.

Spying in the name of the country game. Its been happening long before your ancestors were born, it'll happen long into humanities eon long future. 

Why are people so terrible shocked that our governments are not only keeping tabs on other governments but also what happens within their borders. 

Maybe its cynical of me, but I have so much more important shit in my life that takes up the ranking of 1-100 on the list of "shit to give a shit about" that stuff like this is lucky to register in the high thousands. I wish I could be like all these people, have no responsibilities or obligations or other personal desires and actually be "outraged" about this stuff. 

As a Canadian, I don't know if I should feel proud or upset.

As a Canadian in southpark puts it for the Canadian devil wanting to enslave Canada and was fighting normal Satan.

"F--k it. Go Canada!"

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

I'm really starting to think that making a hardware fire wall with my resurected slot 1 rig is definitely a good choice, combine it with a VPN and what amounts to 3 different firewalls, my computers should be hard to break.

I'm sure that'll make it really hard for these organizations to hack LTT.com (or whatever website) and steal your data.

Slot 1 though, they were weird days. Seemed stupid until AMD copied with Slot A and then ...... normality returned with sockets again :)

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

"It's incredible what the gov't can do with the web. Ya know, so long as it is not abused"

Power corrupts.

Power exemplifies the corruption.  

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I'm sure that'll make it really hard for these organizations to hack LTT.com (or whatever website) and steal your data.

Slot 1 though, they were weird days. Seemed stupid until AMD copied with Slot A and then ...... normality returned with sockets again :)

If only Super socket 7 had taken off, then it would be 1 motherboard for AMD or Intel CPU's still.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If only Super socket 7 had taken off, then it would be 1 motherboard for AMD or Intel CPU's still.

It did take off, until it ended :)

We'd likely have more than those two as well. But alas, competition > collaboration apparently (very rarely true).

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

Spying in the name of the country game. Its been happening long before your ancestors were born, it'll happen long into humanities eon long future.

Not on this scale. The advent of the internet and advances in computing mean that governments now have the ability to analyze everyone's daily activities and store the results of their analysis in an easily accessible way.

No secret police in the history of the world has had anywhere near as much power over the people as Five Eyes countries and China have now.

I wish I could be like all these people, have no responsibilities or obligations or other personal desires and actually be "outraged" about this stuff.

Yes it's a silly pastime for idle, petulent people - worrying about not putting yourself, your family, company and country under the thumb of the likes of people who brought us COINTELPRO, Watergate and the damning evidence of Saddam's WMDs.