LINUS LINUS PLEASE!

crispfact

Ah, is that all? Thanks! :)

Yeh lol, I just do @ and the member's name without any spaces, it automatically turns into BBCode (not sure if that's what it actually is) and tags the member.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

im am completely fine with the ads, i have no issue as I know very well why they are there. all i ask is to finish your whole: like this video if you liked it, dislike it if you dislike it thing, THEN place the ad.

Uh, yeah, and when ads are stuck at the end of the video, what do you think happens the second a viewer hears the "video wrap-up"? That's right, they exit the video - ergo they don't see the ad - ergo the ad company doesn't reach one more person that might actually buy their service - ergo they don't make as much money - ergo the company can't support other companies like Linus - ergo Linus goes out of business - ergo you have no more videos to watch and have to find someone else to play Burger King with you. That's a lot of ergos. I hope you can see the fault in your desire to place ads at the end of the videos.

Since I joined this forum over a month ago, I have never seen so many people (in any kind of scenario) complain about getting things for free. The world of entitlement has run a mock, ergo (had to get one more in).

hey.. i didn't say not to put the ads in there at all.. i just simply asked him to keep it as it always has been. i support linus and watch the ads anyway (see my post, i find some of them interesting) 

I get what you mean, but I think Linus is paid for people who actually buys what he advertises, not for just making the ad, and if he puts it at the end, less people will see it. I agree ads in the middle of the video are annoying, but in that case, I can understand.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Shan-Dysigns, who's Ergo? :D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

i just have to blurt out PLEASE! don't put ads in the middle of the video. today's titan x benchmark was a cool linus-tech-tips-e video, but holy god the ting ad right near the end just made me want to cry. 

K.

But honestly I'm fine about it. It's not like they are obnoxious about the ads. If the ads really got to me, I'd probs just stop watching. But they aren't that bad.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Tough poop? 8 employee mouths to feed.

I'll tag him, but I don't see the point. LinusTech

You have to realize these guys make a good portion of their living off of their advertisement spots. It's what pays for the content you watch. If it fits in the video, it fits in the video. But unless you personally fund the video, you can't complain too much about where or when the ads go. Employees get expensive fast, trust me.

You get he was not saying remove the ads from videos but put them in better places during it. Don't interrupt the content for an ad. I see why he says that and many others would agree, tv had it that way and it is dying. Not the sole reason but one of the many.

Chill out mate, he;s going on about ads that are out in the middle of the video, and they should instead be right at the end of the video. 

I'd very much like this, just like Cinema Sins has done, have a creative segway and somewhat "warning" of the incoming ad. I'm not sure if the sponsor is able to dictate where he ad goes, but if Linus or another was able to place them at the very end of the video than I'd be a lot happier. 

I really only stick around for the Cheero ads. 

Also, just noticed a new button "GILD", just about to search about in the forum for it's meaning, but anyone know what it's about?

I'd think it's some form of favorite system. 

Youtube has the editing option to place in-video ads at places of your choice. The reason why people do this is because the audience is MUCH higher during the video than the start and end. Linus has already talked before about how hard it is to get reasonable rates and cpm for youtube ads, and placing them in the middle makes multiple times are much as the beginning or end.

This is about supporting his family and business, which is also why he is using vessel.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Tough poop? 8 employee mouths to feed.

Wait, eight?

Hmm:

Linus

Luke

Brandon

Edzel

Taran

Nick

Other Nick

I think his name is David?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

This is about supporting his family and business, which is also why he is using vessel.

Forget the employees even for a second... Do any of you know how expensive a wife and kids is? It adds up real fast.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Youtube has the editing option to place in-video ads at places of your choice. The reason why people do this is because the audience is MUCH higher during the video than the start and end. Linus has already talked before about how hard it is to get reasonable rates and cpm for youtube ads, and placing them in the middle makes multiple times are much as the beginning or end.

True, I really don't know how ads work with YouTube, but implementing sponsor spots in videos is a lot better, because, well you can't just block a part of the video. 

I only just thought of Cinema Sins who put their (not sure if it's one person or not) ads at the end of the video. 

I'd be fine with the current state of the sponsor spots and ads, just that I prefer them to not be in the middle of video. 

Wait, eight?

Hmm:

Linus

Luke

Brandon

Edzel

Taran

Nick

Berkel*

I think his name is David?

Not sure about the eighth, heard about a new member quite some time ago, and haven't heard since. 

Also, wasn't the "Berkel" name given to the Nick that loses some challenge? When would the next one be?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

It's a word used a lot in law-speak (therefore, hence, a conclusion). I was trying to be playfully annoying by over-using that word.

I knew what the word meant, another way of saying "therefore". I did notice what you were doing? :lol:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

True, I really don't know how ads work with YouTube, but implementing sponsor spots in videos is a lot better, because, well you can't just block a part of the video. 

I only just thought of Cinema Sins who put their (not sure if it's one person or not) ads at the end of the video. 

I'd be fine with the current state of the sponsor spots and ads, just that I prefer them to not be in the middle of video. 

Not sure about the eighth, heard about a new member quite some time ago, and haven't heard since. 

Also, wasn't the "Berkel" name given to the Nick that loses some challenge? When would the next one be?

It's Nick Van Berkel and Nick Light, and I think Van Berkel did in fact lose the challenge.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Uh, yeah, and when ads are stuck at the end of the video, what do you think happens the second a viewer hears the "video wrap-up"? That's right, they exit the video - ergo they don't see the ad - ergo the ad company doesn't reach one more person that might actually buy their service - ergo they don't make as much money - ergo the company can't support other companies like Linus - ergo Linus goes out of business - ergo you have no more videos to watch and have to find someone else to play Burger King with you. That's a lot of ergos. I hope you can see the fault in your desire to place ads at the end of the videos.

Since I joined this forum over a month ago, I have never seen so many people (in any kind of scenario) complain about getting things for free. The world of entitlement has run a mock, ergo (had to get one more in).

i see.. i understand why this is angering some people now. thanks for clarifying that and not getting super angry with me on this one.

alright follow up! i understand now why Linus had put the sponsor in the middle.. though i am not a fan of it, it is reasonable and i am not complaining about it. again i respect linus and his videos, i plan to become a vessel subscriber as well as hopefully a contributor just to help him out. anyone else like his one part videos like I did? :D

i see.. i understand why this is angering some people now. thanks for clarifying that and not getting super angry with me on this one.

I wasn't angry at all. I use sarcasm as my weapon of choice.

You're a greedy asshole. Not only do you get hundreds of hours of free entertainment, now you want linus to starve to death.

He has a wife a two kids to feed, and almost 10 employees to pay.

GTFO

You should probably tone it down, there is no need to be that harsh, and I do believe your comment is in violation of the CoC.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

they have to make money somehow man. they are giving you a bunch of content you dont have to pay for, how do you think they feed their employees/families

they have to make money somehow man. they are giving you a bunch of content you dont have to pay for, how do you think they feed their employees/families

Again, I didn't say that they shouldn't put ads in there at all.. Just to keep it how it always was. I completely understand why they have them in there.