Haswell and Ivy Bridge Temperature Fix?

I just saw this interesting video but I'm wondering if it's work the risk or even works.

What do you guys think of it?

If you gonna put really good paste like arctic silver 5 then its worth it 

i would say its ok to do it after a year because the temps will be fine for atleast a year

im currently hitting 90c on 4.2ghz with 1.176v on my 3570k (it was 65c when i received my cpu)

BUT there is a easier and safe way

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i would say its ok to do it after a year because the temps will be fine for atleast a year

im currently hitting 90c on 4.2ghz with 1.176v on my 3570k (it was 65c when i received my cpu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Za1wXTHWT0

how is that safe?? i couldnt even touch my CPU when it came i was so afraid to break it :p

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Lol. I thought he was going to take the cpu, then just smash it to bits with the hammer and say "and that's how you fix your cpu temps."

Not really worth the risk unless you are hardcore OC.

Will it cool? Like you wouldnt believe

also, try lapping your CPU and heatsink

http://www.tech-forums.net/forums/f10/cpu-lapping-guide-228558/

heres a good guide

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

how is that safe?? i couldnt even touch my CPU when it came i was so afraid to break it :P

CPu's are pretty durable with the lot on.  My I7-2600K suffed a 5 feet drop hitting a tower and landing on the floor.  Also ran 6 months with thermal paste on a few pins.  Still runs @ 4.5GHz

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Why won't Intel with their future batch of Haswell CPUs just change the TIM, using a better paste or do it the old fashion way and and solder the IHS to the core as they have done with Sandy-bridge?

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

I think Intel do this to intentionally to keep your temps high and to limit your overclock.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

I'm interested in this too but I have a question:  do you clean up the contact area and put the new paste on and put the lid back on?  Or do you run it without a lid?  My waterblock directly on the chip (without lid)??  

Thanks in advance!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

I'm interested in this too but I have a question:  do you clean up the contact area and put the new paste on and put the lid back on?  Or do you run it without a lid?  My waterblock directly on the chip (without lid)??  

Thanks in advance!

It wouldn't stick out of the socket far enough to touch a cooler if you tried leaving the lid off. You'd have to put new paste on the inside of the lid and hold it in with the bracket.

:o  :blink:  :o

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Thanks in advance!

It wouldn't stick out of the socket far enough to touch a cooler if you tried leaving the lid off. You'd have to put new paste on the inside of the lid and hold it in with the bracket.

EK has this little number out.  its made for Ivybridge, but someone on a different forum has done it on Haswell also.  Imma try it when I get my mobo and w/c setup

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=37453

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's