Is there still hope for PC?

Laurysss

With all these recent shitty ports its just depressing. When I first got my pc there was so many good games to play. Now I finished them and is there anything good to play? Yeah a few games but definetely not enough.

Not everybody can afford 4x980 to run shitty ports at 60 fps. Atleast we still have some good companies. Telltale <3

Game requirments today:

requirements.jpg

And minimum is a lie.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

With all these recent shitty ports its just depressing. When I first got my pc there was so many good games to play. Now I finished them and is there anything good to play? Yeah a few games but definetely not enough.

Not everybody can afford 4x980 to run shitty ports at 60 fps. Atleast we still have some good companies. Telltale <3

Game requirments today:

And minimum is a lie.

Yeah I think there is a good chance things will get better with dx12.  It should in theroy mitigate the laziness of developers because things will be multi threaded much easier and run better on top of that?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Considering you can run basically any game reasonably well on an i3 paired with an R9 270, I think this post is a big fat potato itself. Of course you won't have 16xMSAA or whatever, but it'll run just fine.

It depends on what you mean by minimum. 

Minimum for me = 30FPS at Lowest settings. Im pretty sure minimum requirements will run most games on the lowest settings at 20-30fps....

To me, who has had powerful enough stuff for the opast 5-6 years to run most games at Ultra 60+ FPS, I really cannot stand anything less than 50 FPS. So really, 50 is my personal minimum

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Yes, PC gaming is getting better and better in my opinion. Just because a game happens to be poorly optimized, doesn't mean that it won't play better than on the consoles.

Yeah I think there is a good chance things will get better with dx12. 

I won't bet on it if they are too lazy to get a good port in the first place i am not saying it wont make it easier but for the devs that don't give 2 shits for PC games this wont make a difference 

Considering you can run basically any game reasonably well on an i3 paired with an R9 270, I think this post is a big fat potato itself. Of course you won't have 16xMSAA or whatever, but it'll run just fine.

"well"? FC4 lowest settings decreased res to 720p still some places go down to 55fps. I know its only 5 fps but WHAT THE FUCK!?

Dying light- dont even try to get 60fps in that. The game is still enyoyable while capped at 30fps doe.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

PC gaming has had it's fair share of issues the past couple of years, namely that the number of terrible AAA ports (as well as the level of terribleness) have vastly increased. We still do get a few good games every year though and we have a MASSIVE back catalogue of amazing titles that no one could possibly play through in a lifetime. Whether or not stuff will take a turn for the better I don't know (I'd like to believe that though), however I would not worry about it. (as long as Rockstar keeps releasing GTA for PC, and does a good job at it. Maybe without too many delays as well.)

My 270x plays everything , then again I am not at 1080p . Still. Way better experience than consoles.

It plays everything but on some games it wont reach medium or high. A gtx 200 can run everything but can it get good fps? no.

Well if you could find out on what graphics level(high/medium) consoles are running maybe then you could say its a better experience. You think the 270 will last some more time? naaah.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

IF you can run it low and get 60 fps pre second? Why complain? Atleast we are getting the game and on low it still looks better than PS4's and Xbone's. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

It plays everything but on some games it wont reach medium or high. A gtx 200 can run everything but can it get good fps? no.

Well if you could find out on what graphics level(high/medium) consoles are running maybe then you could say its a better experience. You think the 270 will last some more time? naaah.

On my resolution of 1440x900 it plays everything at ultra.

Medium/ high PFFF lol.

Depends on what resolution you use lol , at 1080P its bad.

PC gaming has had it's fair share of issues the past couple of years, namely that the number of terrible AAA ports (as well as the level of terribleness) have vastly increased. We still do get a few good games every year though and we have a MASSIVE back catalogue of amazing titles that no one could possibly play through in a lifetime. Whether or not stuff will take a turn for the better I don't know (I'd like to believe that though), however I would not worry about it. (as long as Rockstar keeps releasing GTA for PC, and does a good job at it. Maybe without too many delays as well.)

haha atleast we can play a 1999 game. Bought xbox one/ps4 cant play previous gen games... thats some bs.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

IF you can run it low and get 60 fps pre second? Why complain? Atleast we are getting the game and on low it still looks better than PS4's and Xbone's. 

u what m8? Proof?

And you would think doing that would get you 60 fps bot nope fuck you.(specificly talking about recent ports)

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Uhg dude if you think you can run all high on the 270x no way i got my 280x still w8ing form my ******* PSU to come and i know iw wont be able to run on ultra high/med is just awesome form me considering i ran cs.1.6 on low for like 4 years 

On my resolution of 1440x900 it plays everything at ultra.

Medium/ high PFFF lol.

Depends on what resolution you use lol , at 1080P its bad.

60 fps? No ? Dont mention it then.

Does it run fc4 at ultra?

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Uhg dude if you think you can run all high on the 270x no way i got my 280x still w8ing form my ******* PSU to come and i know iw wont be able to run on ultra high/med is just awesome form me considering i ran cs.1.6 on low for like 4 years 

Some games are so bad you cant get 60fps at lowest settings. I would be completely happy if you could get 60fps on low settings with all games.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

u what m8? Proof?

And you would think doing that would get you 60 fps bot nope fuck you.(specificly talking about recent ports)

STILL, before you couldn't play the games, now you can! Stop whining, no offence but it's annoying. Knowing before PC players used to hate not being able to play the good console games, but atleast you can now. 

Some games are so bad you cant get 60fps at lowest settings. I would be completely happy if you could get 60fps on low settings with all games.

PLZ name some i can only get like watch dogs 

Very high / ultra all games.

Runs far cry 4 at 50 fps very high.

Now thats way better than a console.

never drops down? Did you use tweaks to improve performance? CPU?

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I believe you are correct that there have been a lot of shitty ports, but the real question I find is "Is there still hope for the gaming industry?" 

I feel like that consoles will slowly die out as time goes on. Why? I think that the subscription to play online will turn people off eventually, as subscription doesn't  necessarily improve service (as seen through Sony hacks and constant DDoS attacks). We are also seeing games performing horribly on all ports. We can also look at Sony's entire business and just see that the other departments bring them at a loss. While Microsoft is not losing money as a company, they too are actually finally realizing that PC is a gaming platform and trying to support it. If anything I think steamboxes (or consoles similar to a PC) will be a bigger hit later.

Now games are being delayed because they failed to meet their goal (probably a couple of days/week before the original release date). The entire idea of a deadline is to have a finished working product by that date, whether that be assignments, software, or whatnot. I'm starting to lose trust in many of these companies because they either don't have a finished product by the deadline and push it, or their product doesn't work well after being released on the deadline. I feel like these game industries forget that they are also software companies, and doing this in any software company is completely unacceptable. AAA games no longer carry the same meaning since there are many crowd-funded/indie games having much more enjoyable experiences than recent AAA games. Most of my hope is on indie/crowd-funded companies because they seem to have more innovation than the big companies, which strikes me odd because you would expect bigger companies to have the more refined products.

STILL, before you couldn't play the games, now you can! Stop whining, no offence but it's annoying. Knowing before PC players used to hate not being able to play the good console games, but atleast you can now. 

oh wow we can play the good old games from a few years back. Can we play games now? Yes. Can we enyoy them? No.

Remember I am talking about some specific games. For example Metal Gear Solid V, the optimization was so good.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

oh wow we can play the good old games from a few years back. Can we play games now? Yes. Can we enyoy them? No.

Remember I am talking about some specific games. For example Metal Gear Solid V, the optimization was so good.

Do you not notice what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10?