What is the average size of Linus' videos?

hak4fun

what is the average size of a Linustechtips video? Because I was thinking, why don't they post there videos on here instead? Try slowing pushing away from youtube so they have full control? Is each video too big so the hosting required to run it not worth it?

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Size doesn't matter if a ton of bandwidth is required by lots of watchers

Well that was kind of part of my question. the bigger the video, the more bandwidth needed.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

what is the average size of a Linustechtips video? Because I was thinking, why don't they post there videos on here instead? Try slowing pushing away from youtube so they have full control? Is each video too big so the hosting required to run it not worth it?

It's not the size that matters it's how you use it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

11"

Wait, what?

If I had to guess, it's probably several gigabytes per upload, but then youtube compressed it a lot.

Stop getting technical and answer my question. xD

Are they not hosting there videos themselves because of the cost of hosting, or for another reason?

Because the audience that would actually get it would be much smaller.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Not if streamed...

Stop getting technical and answer my question. xD

Are they not hosting there videos themselves because of the cost of hosting, or for another reason?

It's not the size that matters it's how you use it.

Why..... You know what I mean

Well that was kind of part of my question. the bigger the video, the more bandwidth needed.

They don't have that kind of bandwidth. Not even close. Try having 6 million people view your content in a month. Say that every user need 200 MB for each video watched. And that 250k people watched the video the first 36 hours (Looking at the XPS 13 recovery video). 200 x 250,000 = 50,000,000 MB. Or if you want, 50 TB worth of data, in just 36 hours. And to be fair, those are probably low numbers, and not even counting views to older videos. And when new videos are released.

If I had to guess, it's probably several gigabytes per upload, but then youtube compressed it a lot.

Because the audience that would actually get it would be much smaller.

Well they wouldn't just STOP posting to youtube. that would be a horrible idea. but slowing moving over to there own platform. And for example only posted twice a week on youtube they would have more control over there content, sponsors, they could actually fix things like viewers not seeing the new content.

Well they wouldn't just STOP posting to youtube. that would be a horrible idea. but slowing moving over to there own platform. And for example only posted twice a week on youtube they would have more control over there content, sponsors, they could actually fix things like viewers not seeing the new content.

Then they have to have separate content, if some are using spots, the others aren't. Plus bandwidth.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Bandwidth is the biggest concern.  Having that much storage and having ubiquitous worldwide access to that data is a problem.  As a point of reference, NCIX exports at 50Mbit/sec as per the YouTube guidelines for users with "corporate bandwidth".  This unlocks the best quality on the YouTube conversion process so that you see minimal artifacting and compression in the final result. 

NCIX videos regularly reached over 1 gigabyte and those are much shorter than Linus' content.  Not to mention the larger file size for 60fps content (like channelsuperfun)

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

Posting on here bring them absolutly no revenue. What YouTube is better at then anything else is bringing new viewer. They have big sponsor contract because of the number of view the generate on YT. They could absolutly not have those if the video was posted on a random forum (the masses that are on youtube don't know and probably don't care about this forum the one post wonders on the giveaway are there to prove it)

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

let's say 1 gb each. The amount of storage space and server bandwidth they'd need to service the amount of traffic they get on youtube would be impossible without google's bank.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

**All numbers are not indicitive for Linustechtips and his other channels. They are only educated guesses. **

Each video is likely 3-4 gb. Now thing you have to render all videos in 360p 480p 720p 1080p 1440p 4k so double that storage, not place that in 3+ places around the world for better connection. Then there is bandwidth, which it not too expensive if you buy it through a A level ISP but you can't do that without your own datacenters so you need to buy data through them which is 10x more at least (for the cheaper one) Since you will be in someone else's datacenter you need rack space. You also need web servers and lots more. I thought about the idea when they were talking about moving to Vessel. I looked into it, and well it would have cost (using social blade view numbers and youtube stats on the average view duration for all videos from top 1000 channels, then guessing the mean resolution would be 720 at YT bitrate) over $5000 per month if you don't include hardware costs.**

3ab2ec3399.png

What you see from the main page.

You dirty perverts

Other then that

The media is on youtube. if they where to move here, we would notice a significant amount of decrease in the amount of watchers gained per day/year etc, and just possibly overall watchers.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Between 8 and 15 mins but what matters is how much bandwith would be required to serve everyone trying to play the video.

7 inches

Get it?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!