AMD Launching “Hierofalcon” 64bit ARM Embedded Chips in 1H 2015 – Zen and K12 Next Year

TERAFLOP

AMD Annual Shareholders Report :

In October 2014, we began sampling our first 64-bit ARM Cortex-A57-based AMD Embedded R-Series
SoC, codenamed “Hierofalcon.” The AMD Embedded R-Series SoC platform is designed for embedded data
center applications, communications infrastructure and industrial solutions and is expected to ship in the first half
of 2015.

AMD-R-Series-Hierofalcon-SOC.jpg

However 2016 is when things will get really interesting. That’s when AMD will introduce its own custom high performance 64bit ARM core code named K12. As well as introduce the company’s brand new “from scratch” high performance x86 core code named Zen.

This looks very cool

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

In b4 "lel whats with name"

"The hierofalcons are four closely related species of falcon which make up the subgenus Hierofalco"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierofalcon

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Skybridge should be coming later this year which I think is far more interesting. ARM and x86 microprocessors that will share the same socket.

"Project Skybridge" ... are they AGAIN taking a jab at someone , this time Intel ? I imagine it like this in the marketing team: Shit Intel has Skylake, it is going to be very powerful! No problem, we'll make Skybridge...and go over the lake! ... or something.

"Project Skybridge" ... are they AGAIN taking a jab at someone , this time Intel ? I imagine it like this in the marketing team: Shit Intel has Skylake, it is going to be very powerful! No problem, we'll make Skybridge...and go over the lake! ... or something.

Exactly. I am just waiting for someone to announce Skypedestrian CPUs (those will go over the Skybridge).

I am not stoked about ARM but I can't wait to see what Zen will bring on the table.

I don't think so, Skybridge has been established since Seattle made its debut in 2013. Skybridge is also not an architecture but a platform. Fabricating rumors like "AMD stole one of Intel's codenames" is just nonsense. Skybridge marries ARM with the x86 platform (hence "bridge") while maintaining the same HSA capabilities. You will be able to buy both ARM and x86 based APU's later this year that both support HSA and are interchangeable in the same socket. Nolan and Amur will be launched in the same time frame bringing similar possibilities to tablets and notebooks (possibly even smartphones). Regardless of the name Skybridge has much more significance over Skylake. A slightly updated x86 architecture woo... how exciting.

Is Freedom Fabric the stuff American flags are made of?

Is Freedom Fabric the stuff American flags are made of?

Or toilet paper, I forgot which.

Exactly. I am just waiting for someone to announce Skypedestrian CPUs (those will go over the Skybridge).

I am not stoked about ARM but I can't wait to see what Zen will bring on the table.

LOL`d at Skypedestrian :lol:

Well, we will see how Zen competes with Skylake. It better offer dam good performance..

I imagine it like this in the marketing team: Shit Intel has Skylake, it is going to be very powerful! No problem, we'll make Skybridge...and go over the lake! ... or something.

Bridge over the lake, priceless :D

Well if Intel does lakes amd AMD does bridges, its fine by me as far as new CPUs are fianlly good and not just overclocked FX 8xxx series... Only talking about desktop ones, i give no two fadaflying fucks about mobile ones.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Freedom™ fabric, so pieces of US flags? lol

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Bridge over the lake, priceless :D

Well if Intel does lakes amd AMD does bridges, its fine by me as far as new CPUs are fianlly good and not just overclocked FX 8xxx series... Only talking about desktop ones, i give no two fadaflying fucks about mobile ones.

Two completely different segments. Skylake is Intel's Broadwell successor architecture. Meanwhile Skybridge is an ambidextrous compute design for dense servers, embedded and low power client designs. This is why Skybridge is being manufactured on 20nm LPN, it will never reach the desktop (it's only rocking Puma+ cores anyways).

AMD’s latest annual shareholders report revealed that the very first AMD ARM 64bit server chips will launch in the first half of 2015.  Thanks Paven for the tip !

Code named Hierofalcon the new server processors are part of AMD’s R series embedded product portfolio. The Hierofalcon code name isn’t a particularly new one as we had excursively told you about it last year.

AMD-K12-ARM-Core-20nm.png

it was last year when amd started revealing their arm and x86 based high end proccessors.

however it will be2016 when it will get interesting. they will release their own 64 bit arm proccesor.

source:http://wccftech.com/amd-launching-arm-serves-year-wip/

*Still waits for successor to AM3+/Bulldozer*

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

I just want AMD to get back into the mid to high end CPU game

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

Want to replace my 8320,

This is better then noting though,

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr

Yeah, I want to see prices go down, hardware got expensive over past years. CPU/GPU prices need to go down, not to mention here in EU it comes in 1/3 more compared to US.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I hear AMD is doing a lot of stuff, which is great. I just wanna see it all now. Too much talk going on.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I don't think so, Skybridge has been established since Seattle made its debut in 2013. Skybridge is also not an architecture but a platform. Fabricating rumors like "AMD stole one of Intel's codenames" is just nonsense. Skybridge marries ARM with the x86 platform (hence "bridge") while maintaining the same HSA capabilities. You will be able to buy both ARM and x86 based APU's later this year that both support HSA and are interchangeable in the same socket. Nolan and Amur will be launched in the same time frame bringing similar possibilities to tablets and notebooks (possibly even smartphones). Regardless of the name Skybridge has much more significance over Skylake. A slightly updated x86 architecture woo... how exciting.

It was said more as a joke, I know it has nothing to do with Intel. .. I find it only funny though.

Want to replace my 8320,

This is better then noting though,

With DX 12 you won't need to replace the 8320, as it'll equal a 4790K with all 8 cores going.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yeah, I want to see prices go down, hardware got expensive over past years. CPU/GPU prices need to go down, not to mention here in EU it comes in 1/3 more compared to US.

That's the problem with VAT, especially with the Euro tanking against the USD.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

With DX 12 you won't need to replace the 8320, as it'll equal a 4790K with all 8 cores going.

Yeah for the five games that take advantage of it

Watch dogs was one of the first Dx11 only games and Dx11 released in 2009?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Keep dreaming chump

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s