New Platform Launch Feedback & FAQ

I love the fact that they chose to have a black background, I work usually during daylight hours so I watch videos at night, so watching videos with a bright white background in the middle of the night is a pain. So Vessels chose to use a black background is so much easier on the eyes. Yeah I know most people don't really care about that, but for me its a huge issue. I also like the way they have the videos setup, no links to random videos I dont care about thrown all over the screen and ever though the comment system seems a bit primitive and useless, its still better than the awful google+ youtube comments that aren't in any real order and make no sense.

Anyways love the new platform, hope it works out for you guys

Does this mean there wont be anymore dedicated ads in YouTube videos?

There still will be ads in both platforms. (sorry if this was already answered :P)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Quick question, does vessel support subtitles? Due to the lack of pretty much any features on Vessel (I cannot even middle click videos to open in a new tab, wut...) I assume they do not, but i figured i'd double check here.

I just registered with vessel, and it definitely asks for a credit card number when I want to watch any of the early access videos. Maybe I misunderstood something about the whole 1 year free thing? After a year, I have to pay to access any videos on this site? That seems stupid as they will be available on youtube.

The quality really sick. It's only 1280x720. 4K on youtube rulez. Next issue was in 3/4 of video the playback suddenly stopped. I wasn't able to watch the rest of video until I refreshed the page.

EDIT: Same for me as wroted Sayre, I cannot open videos in new tab with middle click. It drives me crazy.

Good day Linus. As a Caribbean subscriber, how would Vessel affect me, in terms of Content to location? I would really love to keep watching your videos.... RSVP??

I'm somewhat disappointed that it's iOS only initially. Would have liked to have seen both iOS and Android on release of the platform. I thought we'd gotten past this stage. But I guess Apple will keep throwing money at devs to make sure that their's is the premier platform.

I just repost my post from youtube comments and put it here. I hope someone can help.

Hi Linus, I've subscribe to your Vessel channel. But the thing is, Vessel is very slow compared to youtube. With my internet connection (I am from Indonesia), I can watch youtube 4K video without any buffer time, but when I tried to watch your video on Vessel, I even cannot watch it in low quality without wasting time on buffering. I understand that you need to move to Vessel. But can you help us (your subscriber from Indonesia, perhaps from other South East Asian countries) to solve the problem? Ask vessel to provide CDN server or something similar to serve viewers on south east asia, Maybe? Thank You.

I actually found like 15 channels I subscribe to on youtube outside of LTT, though in all honestly 3 bucks per months is a bit much, coming next year I hope LTT has a patreon account or something I'd rather contribute directly than to Vessel

I feel like this is a better way to go - I'd consider Patreon because the cut LMG would get would be greater, and it's another way I can tell Google to go to hell. I love telling Google to go to hell.

Linus. Set up a Patreon instead of this Vessel BS.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

I would have put this under "Hot Deals", but whatever...

COMIC SANS

Yeah, cos they haven't bothered to fix their shit, the Login button takes you to Sign Up. What you have to do is go to /login to get the login page, is there a link to that anywhere? Fucked if I know, I doubt it, since I never found it, just figured I test /login and waddayanou.

The whole site is so fucked beyond belief that I won't go back ever. And TBH, non of the "early view" LTT videos where even all that interesting. So, yeah, fuck that site.

Also, it's pretty annoying that despite signing up for a free year, it asks you to sign up for a month.

I would have put this under "Hot Deals", but whatever...

What the hell is so hot about this "deal"?

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

What the hell is so hot about this "deal"?

It's a service that you normally have to pay for but it's free for a year for the next 72 hours. 

COMIC SANS

It's a service that you normally have to pay for but it's free for a year for the next 72 hours. 

Would you pay for a bag of turds? No. Of course you wouldn't - this site is a bag of turds. I mean don't get me wrong; it's pretty damned shitty what google is doing, but I honestly don't get why the videos aren't posted to Vimeo or something and had a patreon account set up.

So the vessel/giveaway video on YouTube just disappeared...what does that mean?

Honestly I don't like it at all.
The comment section is literally garbage right now.
The video quality sucks compared to youtube and the content is also way less.(Obviously)
I rather give Linus $10 a month over something like Patreon than using Vessle.
And it simply makes it more a hassle than anything else as I have to subscribe to everyone on another service.

RTX2070OC 

In the giveaway video Linus mentioned some videos that were already up on Vessel, such as the Titan X SLI benches, LG UltraWide, Part 1 of the hardline tubing build, Gigabyte Notebook review, ...
I was wondering whether or not is was there, cuz I can't see any of the abovementioned videos. I've sorted on most recent first, as you can see, but can't find either of those videos.

KMBU3tz.jpg

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Would you pay for a bag of turds? No. Of course you wouldn't - this site is a bag of turds. I mean don't get me wrong; it's pretty damned shitty what google is doing, but I honestly don't get why the videos aren't posted to Vimeo or something and had a patreon account set up.

Because Vimeo is for a different demographic.  

But to answer your question, no, I would not pay for something that I didn't like, although I do like Vessel so far, and it's only $3 a month, so it is a good deal if you like to see your favorite people's videos sooner. That being said, just because you have a vendetta against Vessel doesn't justify the thread being in the wrong forum section. 

And I'd just like to say that what you said above gave no explanation as to why it should be in Tech News. 

:)

COMIC SANS

Because Vimeo is for a different demographic.  

But to answer your question, no, I would not pay for something that I didn't like, although I do like Vessel so far, and it's only $3 a month, so it is a good deal if you like to see your favorite people's videos sooner. That being said, just because you have a vendetta against Vessel doesn't justify the thread being in the wrong forum section. 

And I'd just like to say that what you said above gave no explanation as to why it should be in Tech News. 

:)

Because....Reasons. Don't argue with me - I'm typing on an RGB keyboard, and you're ruining my moment damnit.

Sorry if this question was already asked, but would you be updating content that will be  on Vessel only, not on YouTube? Cause that's what I am most concerned about. I wouldn't like how I would have to pay to see more of your videos. Will appreciate if you an leave a reply.

29 pages of feedback later and my thoughts begin to clarify....

Vessel is a brand spanking new platform and at this early stage the lack of content is to be expected, give it time, let it grow!

The low resolution/bit rate/frame rate makes watching full screen on a 1440p 32" monitor barely tollerable when your used to the majority of LTT vids on YT being available at 1440p+.  Its not so bad watching it in windowed mode but if I am to subscribe at the end of 1 year this HAS to improve. It's a dealbreaker end of.

I've noticed several comments from users with high speed connections experiencing buffering/stuttering etc.  I expect this is due to Vessel not establishing more direct links to your ISP yet.  I am a UK based viewer with a BT Infinity 76Meg Fibre Optic connection and I have experienced absolutely no issues whatsoever.  I expect this situation will improve for other users as Vessel continues to grow.

So far it sounds like Vessel are actually paying attention to the feedback at this early stage, I just hope that they take action to address these issues quickly and don't start fobbing people off with a constant stream of "It's comming soon".

Keep up the good work!

To be perfectly honest the reason Youtube is so easy compared to this crap is it uses my google account so I'm always logged in Vessel is just yet another username and password to remember then I need to remember the site actually exists.  Add to that LTT is pretty much the only thing I'll use it for and I can see after about 2 months of this free year I'm going to forget to even check vessel. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

In the giveaway video Linus mentioned some videos that were already up on Vessel, such as the Titan X SLI benches, LG UltraWide, Part 1 of the hardline tubing build, Gigabyte Notebook review, ...

I was wondering whether or not is was there, cuz I can't see any of the abovementioned videos. I've sorted on most recent first, as you can see, but can't find either of those videos.

It's there

fAQIO9km.jpg

On a side note, this video doesn't have any link to this topic in it, and so on. I'm guessing they all have "mostly" general descriptions just for now, and in future they will have links to proper threads and such, right?