Minecraft Still a thing?

FatPenguin

So used to play Minecraft back in 2010 -2013 but now i think it is sorta old news. Ever since Microsoft bought it it seams like there is no more updates for it anymore. I tried playing it the other day but I just couldn't get back into it.

What do you think? Is it dead to you or do you still play it.

I think it peaked back in 2013

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

So used to play Minecraft back in 2010 -2013 but now i think it is sorta old news. Ever since Microsoft bought it it seams like there is no more updates for it anymore. I tried playing it the other day but I just couldn't get back into it.

What do you think? Is it dead to you or do you still play it.

I think it peaked back in 2013

I can't play it alone. It lost what interested me when I started playing for some reason. It's only fun with friends now, and even then, not for very long

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

It has been dead to me since beginning of 2013, but to seem people it's not.

Just look at the gaming page on YouTube :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I used to play it quite a bit a few years ago, but not touched it since

I can't play it alone. It lost what interested me when I started playing for some reason. It's only fun with friends now, and even then, not for very long

I used to only play Sp for the first 6 months i had it but then it just got boring then i became staff on alot of servers with little kids and troll them and ban people :P   LOL such a dick move of me!

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

It has been dead to me since beginning of 2013, but to seem people it's not.

Just look at the gaming page on YouTube :P

I think it will be like tetris never die. but ill be able to tell my grand kids i played the beta 

Vanilla MC has always been "meh" to me, but I modded it extensively to how I wanted to play and I spent weeks straight just playing in singleplayer.

It's still huge MP wise, but if you only play SP then I recommend mods, lots and lots of mods.

me and the Mrs love minecraft. So much fun

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I think it will be like tetris never die. but ill be able to tell my grand kids i played the beta 

It will probably sort of like that.

Maybe kind of like Super Mario, people still play at after years.

I'll be able to see to my grand kids I played the Classic and Alpha versions ;)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I never really liked SSP but SMP I find fun. Regarding updates: they launched 1.8 last September and it brought a lot of new stuff into the game, new snapshots will come soon.

i'm a potato

It will probably sort of like that.

Maybe kind of like Super Mario, people still play at after years.

I'll be able to see to my grand kids I played the Classic and Alpha versions ;)

lol i totally forgot about the classic version!

I used to play it. A lot. But now I lost interest in it. :(

I want to play it again though. Online / Offline with new modpacks.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Careful, last time I asked this question, I had a bunch of butthurt fanboys raging about how it's still a thing and how i'm an ignorant fuckhead who's just jealous of the success

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Back in the beta days it was alright and on 360 me and my gf at the time would play it a fair bit but now it's pretty dead although, ive seen some mods where u can like set up server rooms and stuff which i find interesting (i have a thing for cable infrastructure :S) but i cbf installing the game and stuff again lol.

lol i totally forgot about the classic version!

I had quite a popular server with my brother back in the day, with 30+ people online all the time.

We had to stop it though, parents weren't happy with the slower internet :P

I used to play it. A lot. But now I lost interest in it. :(

I want to play it again though. Online / Offline with new modpacks.

i have had countless hours spent on that I remember waiting to get home from school and doing my HW on the bus so i that i could just go right home and play it on my computer i hated how they added horses PIgs FTW  

I had quite a popular server with my brother back in the day, with 30+ people online all the time.

We had to stop it though, parents weren't happy with the slower internet :P

I always wanted to have a server but rural CT has really bad internet 

The craze has died down, but the game very much still alive.

I have some friends that are actively playing on their own server, they share it with anyone we personally know that wants to join. I play it casually once in a while when I feel like wasting hours by just exploring a cave, make some weird house, just manage a farm or something else stupid.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

For kids maybe (always was), but "Rust" has same ingame commands and does the same things as MC. Only graphics look normal :)  

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Servers are dying everywhere. I ran the site for a huge MC community with 15k registered members, and after years of being successful last year it started to die, we were had to keep shutting down our MC servers, and downgrading our dedicated servers. went from having 3 servers constantly full with 120+ members to 1 server with 20 members. It officially shutdown 10th February.

Most people I know have their own small server for friends, I still run a private FTB server for my staff, but apart from that we don't have anything to do with MC anymore. 

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Same here, never touched it since 2013.

It's wan't that the lack of update. It was.... too much updates.

All that horses and stuff, urgh.
I'd prefer the beta version, SIMPLE!

Another things was that all my friends aren't playing anymore, so yeah.

Totally agree with you there. Playing it alone isn't really that fun. I play with friends but we tend to get bored after a while. For some reason though, if i haven't been playing for a while i get this urge to play a good survival server with a few of my buddy's. Never end up doing it though haha.

Intel i7 4790 3.6GHzGigabyte GTX 970 4GB WF3  | Thermaltake Chaser A31 | Z97 Guard Pro

Gaming | Anime | Programming