Acer XB270HU Updates?

ACoffeeGuy

Mine came in yesterday. Very much an impulse buy. Still, no regrets. Even though I hate the way it looks with a furious passion it works like a dream. 

It's basically my cinema display, but ugly and it can now play games. Can use it for work, and leisure. Good stuff. It's a real step forward, it's good to know that i'll be relevant for at least the upcoming 5 years or so. Which is a strange thought when talking about tech. 

Pixel density is ideal for this size.

No one ever said it did, even with a higher refresh rate. There is no reason for them to include 3D vision since barely anyone uses it in games.

Do you guys know anything about the Ultra low motion blur? Does it cap FPS to like 85 or 100fps? I know g sync cant be used with it so... Im just curious... Does it stutter/tear?

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

After watching the pcper video on how freesync and g-sync work, what would happen when you use over 3.5GB? If you were sailing around 60fps and your game used 3.6GB of your cards memory and the fps dropped, would g-sync make it not even noticeable?!?!?!? I need to know before I buy this beautiful monitor!

Well, so far. Nothing major. I made a rather lengthy post about this on another board including some performance read-outs. For convenience's sake i'm just going to link to that. 

http://forums.evga.com/Crossing-the-35-GB-threshold-Walking-through-the-valley-of-the-shadow-of-death-m2317752.aspx

But to add (didn't include that in the post ) is that with a rather balls to the wall cpu overclock i've been reaching a very stable 60-65 fps. Even though VRAM was continuously capping at around the 4gb. I didn't have any of the latency spikes and framerates and frame timing was completely stable with no noticeable lag or stuttering. 

These are just my very preliminary finding and not enough to draw a conclusion on. I suggest you take them as that. However this does go against everything I know about the card. And it's very exciting. It could be very well that performance is hit. But if it is, it's certainly not to the extent that I believed it was, and I certainly don't notice it. 

Do you guys know anything about the Ultra low motion blur? Does it cap FPS to like 85 or 100fps? I know g sync cant be used with it so... Im just curious... Does it stutter/tear?

Not my speciality this. Haven't tried it out personally but from what I gather is that ULMB is basically strobing matching the monitors refresh rate regardless of the FPS displayed. Giving the best results at a high fps, ideally matching the monitors refresh rate. The technique itself does not affect the framerate in anyway * . 

Can't give you an answer on the last question. 

Do you mind making some pictures while ingame, just to see this beautiful IPS <3

Any first thoughts about this monitor already? I want juicy details :rolleyes:

I made a full 20 minute review of this monitor:

English subtitles are available :)

I made a full 20 minute review of this monitor:

English subtitles are available :)

Thank you so much for thinking about me and quoting me with the video. Appreciate it.

Watching your review as I'm writing this ^_^

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Is there any updates when it's going to be sold on Newegg.ca it's sold out on ncix??

Two questions about this monitor.

Where can it be bought from in Europe? More specifically Germany?

Is the 5ms response time noticeble in real life against TN monitors with 1ms?

If you don't play competitively and just play for fun and do the single player campaigns, will you notice a difference?

Cheers!

Two questions about this monitor.

Where can it be bought from in Europe? More specifically Germany?

Is the 5ms response time noticeble in real life against TN monitors with 1ms?

If you don't play competitively and just play for fun and do the single player campaigns, will you notice a difference?

Cheers!

In Germany Alternate.de is the only one since 14.3.15 which have them in stock. Right now they are waiting for the new shipment.

The 5ms "response time" is only the G2G (grey to grey) pixel transition time. You also have to factor in the signal processing time and the actual response time (not G2G). The XB270HU is excellent in this department:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/acer_xb270hu/lag.jpg

wnktq2s3if.jpg

I've used the BenQ Xl2411t @10% Strobelight + 144 Hz and I've also atleast seen the Swift (PG278Q) and the Acer is better than the BenQ and atleast as good as the Swift (but obviously way better colors, viewing angles etc.)

If Alternate doesn't get any stock soon, order from Amazon, they have an excellent support.

http://amzn.to/1aKNH4F

The 5ms "response time" is only the G2G (grey to grey) pixel transition time. You also have to factor in the signal processing time and the actual response time (not G2G). The XB270HU is excellent in this department:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/acer_xb270hu/lag.jpg

wnktq2s3if.jpg

Which 1080p 60hz monitor from this chart do you think is good for gaming? I want to get my sister an ips 1080p panel.

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm