I need help choosing some parts.

echoac

I'm building a pc soon and i have some questions.

1. What is the difference between the gigabyte z97-sli and gigabyte z97-ud3h mobos?

2. Asus VG248QE / Benq XL2411Z / BenQ XL2420Z Which monitor would you recommend? Currently the BenQ ones are cheaper than the asus.

3. Is Geil a reliable brand for ram? Never heard of their 8 gb kits are on sale.

4. Lastly, nzxt phantom 410 vs fractal design define r4. Which would you recommend? They are more or less the same price. Also is the zalman z12 plus case any good?

Thank you.

1. The ud3h has 1 more PCI-E while the SLI has 1 more PCI

2. Either of the BenQxl monitors is good

3. Don't buy from them. Try to get something from a reliable seller such as crucial, adata, kingston, or corsair

4. Get the Define R4

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

1. color

2. XL 2420z would be my preference off the just reading the manufactures website 

3. never herd of them, so i wouldn't trust them. doesn't mean they aren't good

4. define R4/R5

Get the Define R4, either BenqXL monitor is good, and the motherboards are pretty much the same except for  the fact that the ud3h has another PCI-E 16x slot. Get which ever one fits your build

Do you know the difference between the two monitors? There's a $50 difference. Is the 2420z version worth it?

1. What is the difference between the gigabyte z97-sli and gigabyte z97-ud3h mobos?

2. Asus VG248QE / Benq XL2411Z / BenQ XL2420Z Which monitor would you recommend? Currently the BenQ ones are cheaper than the asus.

3. Is Geil a reliable brand for ram? Never heard of their 8 gb kits are on sale.

4. Lastly, nzxt phantom 410 vs fractal design define r4. Which would you recommend? They are more or less the same price. Also is the zalman z12 plus case any good?

Thank you.

Also, what is your build?

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

Also, what is your build?

gigabyte r9 290x windforce gpu and i5 4690k so far. Also do you think a 600 watt cpu is enough if i want to overclock?

1. color

2. XL 2420z would be my preference off the just reading the manufactures website 

3. never herd of them, so i wouldn't trust them. doesn't mean they aren't good

4. define R4/R5

1. The ud3h has 1 more PCI-E while the SLI has 1 more PCI

2. Either of the BenQxl monitors is good

3. Don't buy from them. Try to get something from a reliable seller such as crucial, adata, kingston, or corsair

4. Get the Define R4

Personally used em, have no problems thus far. And the thing is, as long as there is a good warranty on it. You can't really screwup RAM... 99% of companies use the same chip and flash.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Thank you.

I personally would take the fast response times and great refresh rate over the superior color contrast.

But that is my preference. IT depends what you want on your PC and what response time and refresh rate is comfortable with you.

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

Thank you.

1. SLI-only 2 x16 slots., ud3h- 3 x16 slots and beefier heatsinks

2. Any one is good

3. They have been around for a while, according to wiki, since 1993. Probably never heard about them because they just started to spread to other markets. Like BeQuiet, never knew they existed and they make good products. Ever heard of Sparkle Calibre gpus?

4. Fractral Define R4.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

gigabyte r9 290x windforce gpu and i5 4690k so far. Also do you think a 600 watt cpu is enough if i want to overclock?

It would be enough, but it is sort of cutting it close. I would suggest going with a 750 watt for expansion room later on.