I need a good desk for my triple monitors

so my problem is that I am a student (high school grade 12) and I have a triple monitor setup for my pc which means my desk space is very limited and I need a nice corner desk so that I have somewhere to put my books and do subjects like math or to use my laptop. As a result I need a large desk and it kindof has to be black and doesn't cost a fortune, now my main problem comes with living in a town called Gladstone which hasn't got anything worth considering I also will for a short time be able to get one from Carins since one of my parrents is up there atm. any help would be appreciated I know that most users here will be american but i thought it was worth a shot 

an example of the ideal desk is both of these together http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/10712/  http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/S29932176/#/S79932174  

and below is a picture of my current space and my setup to give you an idea of what I'm working with 

post-188326-0-54811300-1426758972_thumb.

Whats wrong with the IKEA desk ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

you do have to make sure you are getting the higher priced tabletops, because the particle board they use cannot hold a lot of monitor mounts since they put so much pressure on a small area., but it is a good deal 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63380-the-easy-option-for-a-computer-desk/

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

There is just to way for me to actually GET the ikea table since the closest town that has an ikea store is many hours away and they don't deliver to anywhere other then the local area of the store 

There is just to way for me to actually GET the ikea table since the closest town that has an ikea store is many hours away and they don't deliver to anywhere other then the local area of the store 

where do you live? Cause their shipping rates are great. I don't live near an Ikea store either. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

you do have to make sure you are getting the higher priced tabletops, because the particle board they use cannot hold a lot of monitor mounts since they put so much pressure on a small area., but it is a good deal 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63380-the-easy-option-for-a-computer-desk/

I know I got the corner desk aswell, the cheap one, seems fine for me also stand on it from time to time and my 60KGs haven't damged it in any way

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Mhmm maybe a local carpenter can sell you a plate of generic wood, would be the most stable option also really nice to have a full wood desk

Australia, which is the main challenge behind all of this since we get screwed alot when it comes to trying to buy anything, especially if you don't live in one of the major citys like me 

Australia, which is the main challenge behind all of this since we get screwed alot when it comes to trying to buy anything, especially if you don't live in one of the major citys like me 

Have you considered getting one made? A lot of pre-built desks are either weak, don't cater to what you need or are extremely expensive. 

Getting a tabletop made out of decent quality wood, filled and painted shouldn't be too much, then getting some standard table legs for it could work. That way you can specify the size and shape of the desk for your own needs. 

Have you considered getting one made? A lot of pre-built desks are either weak, don't cater to what you need or are extremely expensive. 

Getting a tabletop made out of decent quality wood, filled and painted shouldn't be too much, then getting some standard table legs for it could work. That way you can specify the size and shape of the desk for your own needs. 

the problem with that, is solutions like that which require getting something custom done always cost way too much and I did consider DIYing it myself but after some research and investaging stores I found that didn't fit my needs 

I built mine.

I got a big prce of nice wood, some L wall brackets, and now I have a giant wall mounted desk

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I built mine.

I got a big prce of nice wood, some L wall brackets, and now I have a giant wall mounted desk

that was exacly what I planned to do but my parrents didn't want me to put something like that in so that plan got scraped 

that looks great and the kind of thing I'm looking for but it looks like the ikea desks I was already looking at and was unable to acquire 

oh that sucks i guess you could drive a few hours to get it right?

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

oh that sucks i guess you could drive a few hours to get it right?

A total of 12 hours there and back isn't very reasonable for a desk unfortunately 

their plastic adhesive covering falls apart (or so in my case it does). 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

their plastic adhesive covering falls apart (or so in my case it does). 

thats strange, but what I've heared is that their customer service is pretty good so might try getting a new one 

thats strange, but what I've heared is that their customer service is pretty good so might try getting a new one 

they use pallets and planks of wood, and the "wooden" finish on some of their products is just a made out of plastic and made to look like real wood. the adhesive used to hold it all together dies up and starts to fall apart in many cases. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

they use pallets and planks of wood, and the "wooden" finish on some of their products is just a made out of plastic and made to look like real wood. the adhesive used to hold it all together dies up and starts to fall apart in many cases. 

Yeah I know, you could still give it a try to get a new table if its annoying for you

Yeah I know, you could still give it a try to get a new table if its annoying for you

my brother already got me one, but its a laptop desk. its surprising how i managed to fit 2 fairly thick monitors, a fat ps3, and some big ass audio engine sized speakers on it. 

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

Try to find something used in your area. Older desks tend to be of higher quality and also be much better looking than all the "plank of wood plus four legs" desks people build.

Try to find something used in your area. Older desks tend to be of higher quality and also be much better looking than all the "plank of wood plus four legs" desks people build

thanks but I tried that as well, you would think in a town build around industry somebody would have a good spare desk but nooooooo that would be too easy