1995 Mustang Build Log

Guest Philosophy
Go to solution Solved by Real_PhillBert,

With a supercharger and a performance chip, I should be able to get at least 400HP out of the 5.0. 

Yeah with a bit of boost you will get 400 without much trouble. Mine is still N/A but I would really like to swap in a Coyote 5.0L and add a Kenne Bell with E-85 but other things always seem to take financial priority.

I really prefer halo headlights, I hate just boring stuff! 

You callin' me boring?

Frankly I'd have to agree.

RIP gas mileage even more

Lol 9MPG to like what 6? 

RIP gas mileage even more

It has 3.15 gears, I could do 3.73. 

Lol 9MPG to like what 6? 

Something like that.

It has 3.15 gears, I could do 3.73. 

It would definitely be snappier accelerating.

Something like that.

It would definitely be snappier accelerating.

Yeah, right now it goes really slow 0-60 (About 5.6 Seconds) Yet 60-120 is only 4.9 seconds-ish.

Yeah, right now it goes really slow 0-60 (About 5.6 Seconds) Yet 60-120 is only 4.9 seconds-ish.

Have you dyno'd the car yet?

Have you dyno'd the car yet?

No, I have not. I can assume it is stock which is around 230HP, I have not done anything to mechanically improve it, just replaced with OEM parts.  

No, I have not. I can assume it is stock which is around 230HP, I have not done anything to mechanically improve it, just replaced with OEM parts.  

Stock is 215, but I'm a bit concerned for your engine. They're rated at 17/25 MPG and you're getting way, way under that. Even crazy driving shouldn't take it down that low.

I think first you should get that checked out, maybe it's something that could improve the performance of your car?

Stock is 215, but I'm a bit concerned for your engine. They're rated at 17/25 MPG and you're getting way, way under that. Even crazy driving shouldn't take it down that low.

I think first you should get that checked out, maybe it's something that could improve the performance of your car?

Performance is good, my 0-60 is better than stock. When I had the wrong fuel put in it he fixed the air/fuel ratio. I am wondering if it running with a little to much fuel. 

Performance is good, my 0-60 is better than stock. When I had the wrong fuel put in it he fixed the air/fuel ratio. I am wondering if it running with a little to much fuel. 

It might be, that's certainly something your mechanic can find out pretty quick too. The computer might just be messing up the air/fuel ratios because it seriously shouldn't be chugging that much gas.

It might be, that's certainly something your mechanic can find out pretty quick too. The computer might just be messing up the air/fuel ratios because it seriously shouldn't be chugging that much gas.

I do step on it.. a lot... I like to catch up to the car in-front of me (Force of habit). I bet if I drove normal I'd be getting 12/19. I will take it to my mechanic, he is always booked 3 weeks out. Better make an Appt. 

I do step on it.. a lot... I like to catch up to the car in-front of me (Force of habit). I bet if I drove normal I'd be getting 12/19. I will take it to my mechanic, he is always booked 3 weeks out. Better make an Appt. 

As I said, even with stepping on it you shouldn't be getting that low. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, those aren't that expensive. :o

I'm not sure you can legally wire the headlight to be your turn signal because it isn't amber.

I'm not sure you can legally wire the headlight to be your turn signal because it isn't amber.

I know that I see cars all the time with not amber blinkers in the front. *cough*Audi*cough*

The price was really reasonable and they have good reviews on there and from a friend of mine.

Looked up the law, blinkers can be Soft White, Bright White or Amber. 

Former cop means I have an oregon law book in my drawer :D

Looked up the law, blinkers can be Soft White, Bright White or Amber. 

Former cop means I have an oregon law book in my drawer :D

Well waddya know.

Edit: Herp derp. Misread the post. Ignore   :P

The headlights look neat @. They'll definitely give your car a more modern look. Cant wait to see 'em installed :) I think the halo's would look better wired to the parking lights or DRL's. Halos flashing on and off with the blinkers would look odd IMO

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I got these headlights, (http://www.americanmuscle.com/94-98-angel-proj-black-amber.html) are arriving Monday!

Should I wire the halos to parking lights or blinkers. Blinkers adds a cool effect.. they blink when you turn on your blinker and they flash when you set the alarm system.

I see you went with the headlights...

Post a pic when you get them installed :D

System: Thinkpad T460

I see you went with the headlights...

Post a pic when you get them installed :D

I did not necessarily go with them as much as got them for my birthday :) 

I did not necessarily go with them as much as got them for my birthday :)

Happy belated birthday! :)

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Happy belated birthday! :)

Thanks!!! :D

MUSTANG UPDATE

Added poll questions, answered needed. 

Added poll questions, answered needed. 

From the decisions you gave in the polls, I think side skirts are the way to go. Shorty antennas always seemed like a last minute, minor detail to me. I'd do that after all other bigger stuff has been attended to. As for the black spoiler.. you already have a spoiler, don't you? Would you paint it black? I think it looks quite nice in red. Flows well with the car. A new rear bumper would be nice, but it sounds like your biggest priority are the side skirts. Do you have any touch up paint left, you could use that or buy new paint and respray them? Or you could buy new ones. Either way, it sounds like that is currently dragging down the rest of the car's aesthetic, so I'd do that first :)

As for the second part of the poll, what reasons do you have to swap? Power? Reliability? Aftermarket support ( I think I saw you mention fuel efficiency somewhere)? I would keep it stock. Add some power to it. IIRC you wanted to supercharge it. Do that. Engine swapping is a massive undertaking, and $9k is a lot of money (although that seems pretty cheap for a swap). You could get a SC kit AND those wheels you wanted.  That being said, if you're up for it, the engine swap would be REALLY freaking cool when done :)

Or you could LS swap it, just to enrage all the Mustang fanboys :P