Multi purpose microphone on a budget

Hi guys, 
Me and my friend always had ideas about various video projects, varying from short films to group discussions (about 6 more people) and let's play with two people.
he has his dslr (canon 100d) but our budget is tight and we need a microphone for all those scenarios.
I've been looking at the blue snowball iCE because it has multiple pickup patterns (omnidirectional for group discussions, stereo for films and cardioid for voice overs and game play) and its more or less affordable at 57,95 euros .
But I wonder if there is a better mic for the same money or even less.
please leave your opinions or advice and any other tips for optimal recording for the scenarios i presented.

I use a Snowball iCE. It is USB so I can't use it with my DSLR (Nikon D5200), but I don't know about yours but I can't use USB mics with my camera. The snowball iCE is only cardioid. The normal Snowball has variable pickup patterns.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

What about the Zoom H1

Its buildquality isn't the best but sound and price to performance is great

Also it's portable and useful in many scenarios

oh so the ice is only cardioid that sucks :(

and the normal snowball is 80euros.

the only other contender is the behringer c3 but it is xlr.

the zoom h1 is perfect for our needs but its 100 euros.