{Project Log Purple Phoenix {WIP}

ElliePC

Welcome to my Project build, Purple Phoenix.

post-192931-0-42273200-1426700768_thumb.

Introduction

To start it seems fit that i introduce myself. Hey! im Ellie a 16 (17 in july) year old Girl who has a long love for computers. My end goal for this pc is that it will be show-worthy and also be my main workstation/gaming system to boot. This build is not being sponsored so i am funding it all on my own. my part preference for this build is mainly asus / corsair/ intel / noctua.   this does not mean that that is all ill be using though, im still researching on watercooling equipment. 

overview 

im actually starting with my first ever pc build (minus the fact that i put it in a new case recently and added a few fans)  so this build will be really evolving from what i have now and slowly progress into something that i hope will be quite amazing

Since this build is not being sponsored / or having any help being funded i plan on this being a year round build and hoping to have it done by this time next year so ill be posting updates as regularly as i possibly can.  im going to be fabricating custom internal panels / mounting positions for items. in the end its going to be heavily modified. i will add rendered images on plans throughout (hopefully quite soon ill have one)

This build will be highly themed around being purple and using up all space in the case and being an extremely clean with a smooth flow throughout.

CURRENT PARTS:

EVGA gtx 670 4gb

sabertooth x79 motherboard 

silent pro hybrid 850 psu (80 gold eff)

16 gb ram patriot G2

intel i7 3930k (not being replaced because its still a great chip - dont replace something if itS AMAZING ALREADY LIKE DANG)

bluray cd read write optical drive

intel 730 series 480 gb ssd

pyro 240gb ssd (old boot ssd)

corsair force gs 240gb ssd (from my laptop but i put it in there to fill space

500gb WD HDD

Corsair 760T Case

water pro 2.0 cpu cooler thingy

post-192931-0-18106300-1426699546_thumb.

PARTS TO BE ADDED:

2 gtx 980's in SLI

(not sure if possible but if it is i may also add a quadro card for workstation related processes')

water cooling for graphics cards and cpu in a loop.

possible new motherboard or just a wireless internet card

a new psu (corsair) and get custom sleeving for cables)

corsair dominator 32gb of ram

clear watercooling tubing

a mixture of uv and purple coolant.

purple led light trips + uv 

PARTS TO BE FABRICATED

cover that goes over psu and bottom of case sectioning it a bit (painted purple

a ossible backplate for the back of case to cover up the indents in the back of the case to give it a more overall flat look (will be painted: purple or purple/white fade  or flat white

heres an image where i tried to make an example of what im trying to aim for with a cover for psu  bottom of case. (i tried okay im not great at this stuff)

post-192931-0-59003200-1426700377_thumb.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to say anything! also, if you have reccomendations on water cooling setup please put your input in the comments!

P.S

if you want to help chip in its greatly appreciated B)

PC SPECS:

CPU: I7-3930K
Motherboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth
RAM: something 8x2 16gb
GPU: EVGA gtx 670 4fb
Case: thermaltake overseer rx-1
Storage: Intel 730 series 480 gb ssd
PSU: Coolermaster Silent pro hybrid 850w
Monitor: Benq XL2441Z

Please don't waste your money on a quadro.  IMO unless you work in industry/make a living off content creation, quadros have terrible price/value(performance)

Can't wait to see what comes of this build; haven't seen a purple rig in forever :D  Also look into corsair LED fans; I think they have some in purple...

BTW email doesn't work :P I believe it's against CoC or something... IDK

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Please don't waste your money on a quadro.  IMO unless you work in industry/make a living off content creation, quadros have terrible price/value(performance)

Can't wait to see what comes of this build; haven't seen a purple rig in forever :D  Also look into corsair LED fans; I think they have some in purple...

BTW email doesn't work :P I believe it's against CoC or something... IDK

YEAH I HAVE CORSAIR LED FANS ON TOP and dangit okay ill remove the email darn B(

PC SPECS:

YEAH I HAVE CORSAIR LED FANS ON TOP and dangit okay ill remove the email darn B(

Lol, if someone needs to chip in, I'm sure they'll just PM you. Like I do from time to time. Can't help you on this one however lol, got a lot of things coming up. Hope you enjoy your upgrade though. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

didn't notice lol :P

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

UPDATE: 

i STARTED working on the cover for bottom part of case. so far its looking pretty bad. 

things i need to do:

-weld on more metal because its too short

- buy rubber lining to go around edges

- work on straightening / sharper bends and sanding it down

- creating vent areas on side so i can make it look like theres a purple haze glowing out of the psu cover.

- may actually add accent stainless steel peices across edges and have those riveted with white rivets.

- cutout on front angled part that sort of dips in and will cradle the reservoir (front fans are intakes so those will cool the reservoir so i hope it will actually help the water cooling work better? 

- lots more cutting and welding on pieces to fix shape

- im using metal from my first ever pc in general that my parents bought me when i was around 6 (store bought obviously it was like 150 dollars or something) so yeah im just using the side panels for metal xD

post-192931-0-93129200-1426703859_thumb.

post-192931-0-93129200-1426703859_thumb.

PC SPECS:

Not totally digging the shape of the shroud...  Maybe a few less angles?

Not totally digging the shape of the shroud...  Maybe a few less angles?

Yeah tru i was thinking of weldng a flat peice onto the side

PC SPECS:

• 2 weeks later...