and i need help deciding which motherboard to get

cpu: intel 4770k { bought }

case: cooler master cosmos 2 { bought }

monitor: Benq XL2720T { bought but waiting for shipment }

and everything else not yet decided :P

i will be using my pc for

55% gaming

45% video editing/rendering and other hardcore stuff

i also do some freelance work and youtube time to time so i need my pc not to fail while doing hardcore editing stuff

i will be getting some 32gb ram kit and will be doing water cooling and overclock,i am not sure yet

i am not able to decide which motherboard to buy

should i buy ?

asus sabertooth z87 or wait for asus maximus 6 formula or something else

i like the look of formula, also since it is a ROG board i think it will be able to handle hardcore gaming+video editing/rendering works

but i am not sure. so i need help

what you guys think?

Of those two,the Sabertooth.

it has a 5 year warranty,and that kind of thing is important for reliability because it means that in all likelyhood it'll last for a long,long,long,long time.

though I would also consider different boards like a GD65.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

ok thanks

i am going to check video reviews of gd65 now

I say MSI GD-65 with the Sabertooth Z87 second. MSI has more features in the same price range....and really the same build quality/reliability features. Just no dust cover and 5yr warranty.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

In my personal opinion the Gigabyte G1 Sniper series is a pretty good buy for gaming/editing. Plus with the new Haswell G1 Sniper boards your can change the sound on it's on-board OP-AMP if it doesn't suit your needs. Also it's pretty feature rich and freaking huge!!

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

In my personal opinion the Gigabyte G1 Sniper series is a pretty good buy for gaming/editing. Plus with the new Haswell G1 Sniper boards your can change the sound on it's on-board OP-AMP if it doesn't suit your needs. Also it's pretty feature rich and freaking huge!!

If you are okay with the mATX version aka Gigabyte G.1 Sniper M5 unless you want to pay almost the double of a sabertooth.

But I agree the gigabyte sniper series are beasts!

If you are okay with the mATX version aka Gigabyte G.1 Sniper M5 unless you want to pay almost the double of a sabertooth.

But I agree the gigabyte sniper series are beasts!

The mATX version is still pretty beastly!

Here in Canada the eATX version is $400+ INSANE!

But absolutely the Sniper Series are Gigabytes beauties!

My BattleBox Specs: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS Maximus VI Hero, 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Memory, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760, Corsair C70, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Intel 330 Series 180GB & Samsung 840 Series 120GB, 3TB WD Green, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Visit kurtgrosser.com for quality content! Cheers from Canada, eh?

The mATX version is still pretty beastly!

Here in Canada the eATX version is $400+ INSANE!

But absolutely the Sniper Series are Gigabytes beauties!

It is indeed, and if you don't need more than an mATX (which most people don't) it would be my choice/advice. I love everything about that board.

It is indeed, and if you don't need more than an mATX (which most people don't) it would be my choice/advice. I love everything about that board.

Indeed! For most people mATX is sufficient. Nothing about that board can be considered an imperfection. Except maybe the colour scheme...

ok thanks guys for your inputs

appreciated