Best 140mm case fan

- very good airflow

- relatively silent

- no LED

- white or black colored

What is the best 140mm case fan that has all those criteria? I want to use it as the side intake on my Phantom 410.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

you may want to use the AF-140 from Corsair. They have white,blue, and red rings around them.All 3 colours are included with the fan, you can even have no ring if you choose to.

you may want to use the AF-140 from Corsair. They have white,blue, and red rings around them.All 3 colours are included with the fan, you can even have no ring if you choose to.

I am currently using Corsair AF-120s, I highly recommend them.

Edit: get the silent models though the performance model is a bit loud.

Desktop CPU: Intel i5 2500K Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H GPU: EVGA 660TI 2GB Ram: Kingston 8GB 1333Mhz PSU: Unknown 500w Case: Unknown Hard drive:  WD Black 1TB Heatsink: stock OSWindows 8.1

I know my pc sucks but it does what I want it to do. 

Laptop Dell E6320 OSWindows 8.1 / Ubuntu gnome 15.04

I am currently using Corsair AF-120s, I highly recommend them.

Edit: get the silent models though the performance model is a bit loud.

if you use the fan speed reducers then they arent bad or if you get the corsair link (or other automated fan controlers) they are so amazing

if you use the fan speed reducers then they arent bad or if you get the corsair link (or other automated fan controlers) they are so amazing

I heard the performance editions produced ticking sounds when undervolted.

I am going to connect the fan to the fan controller at the front panel of my Phantom 410. Should this be a problem with the Corsair AF140?

I would try that but I lost the resistor cables that came with the fans.

Desktop CPU: Intel i5 2500K Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H GPU: EVGA 660TI 2GB Ram: Kingston 8GB 1333Mhz PSU: Unknown 500w Case: Unknown Hard drive:  WD Black 1TB Heatsink: stock OSWindows 8.1

If you get AF or SP Corsair fans, I'd suggest pre-threading the rubber grommet with the screw a couple times before going to put it on the case, otherwise the rubber grommet might twist and break off, like mine did. They really need to fix that design. Screwing a fan into a case should be as easy as it sounds.

If you get AF or SP Corsair fans, I'd suggest pre-threading the rubber grommet with the screw a couple times before going to put it on the case, otherwise the rubber grommet might twist and break off, like mine did. They really need to fix that design. Screwing a fan into a case should be as easy as it sounds.

yeah they really need to fix that, I had the same problem.

Yeh it is horrid to screw into, it is too soft, and the rubber screw I had wouldn't work on the corsair fans. But for cheap good fans you can get 140mm Yate Loons.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Get Noctuas and dye them.

There will actually come a black noctua in the future. We saw them at computex 2013.

My AF 120 Preformance's don't tick when undervolted, but I've only used them twice, since I was testing my fan controller to make sure it worked, but the PC isn't done, so they aren't in use constantly,just ran them for 20 minutes,

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

your kidding right ur on linus' forum and u dont know this nf a-14

i7-4930k   3xEvga gtx 780OC DC2 3gb    32gb corsair vengeance 2133mhz    asus rampage 4 extreme black  ~2 tb of ssd space

my speedtest 1932mbit down / 497mbit up  custom water cooled

What a shock, i stroll into a "best fan" thread and the only recommendations are Corsair and Noctua.

Come on guys, do some research.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

either get a noctua and dye it or get a silverstone ap-141, nearly silent and they project the air in a column rather than in all directions.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

What about the Phanteks PH-F140TS? Is this good as a case fan?

The new Noctua that are coming out are Black and Gray i think, there going to be like $30 a piece but im going to get them

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

BeQuiet! Silent Wings 2 would be my choice; 60.4 CFM, 15.8 dbA, and they are absolutely GORGEOUS!

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I'm a Fractal Fanboy....but also in line with your spec request is their Silent Series R2 140mm.

http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=4∏=79

14-18 DBA
52-66 CFM

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

dont get the corsair fans... I bought 3 of them and that was a big mistake... they click when under volted 

Get the noctua or silverstone ap series

Case: Fractal Design R4 (x2 Noctua 140mm Fans, x2 Fractal Design Fans)            Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2GHz (Hyper 212 Evo)             Audioengine A5+ Black Speakers

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3                                           Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC                                               Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4X4GB DDR3-1600                                                     Power Supply: OCZ Z-Series Semi Modular Gold 850W                 ASUS & LG 21.5 Monitor (Dual monitor arm)

There are black thermaltake ty-140's

They seem to be pretty good

There are black thermaltake ty-140's They seem to be pretty good

Do you mean thermalright ty-140?

I would also recommend the Be Quiet! silent wings 2 fans since they look great, silent, good performance and they have enough static pressure to push air through say a hard drive cage which the corsair AF fans struggle to due.

Do you mean thermalright ty-140?

Yes, sorry.

Don't ask me why, I always mix up those two