Can I please have help?

I am not sure should I get a I7 4790k or a 4930k for my new PC and if you want to know I do quite a bit of content creation such as video editing and photoshop for my YouTube channel please help!

You can't really compare directly since they vary in platforms. But I wouldn't go for either and I would just go for a 5920k or 5930k

x99 is obviously better than the old x79

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

If content creation is VERY important, go for the 6-core. Otherwise the 4790k should be fine.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would get the 59**k/x but they are kind of out of my budget

I would get the 59**k/x but they are kind of out of my budget

you can buy used one's. Or just go for a 4790k

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't getting a good CPU like a  4670k and a good GPU with CUDA be a better idea? Is rendering with a good GPU faster?

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Get a 4790k

X99 and DRR4 along with a pricey CPU can really drive up the total cost. Not worth it IMO

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't getting a good CPU like a  4670k and a good GPU with CUDA be a better idea? Is rendering with a good GPU faster?

yes the gpu helps. But the CPU is also vital to that process

getting an i5 while having a Titan for rendering would be bonkers and a total bottleneck for the titan

you could say the CPUS is more important in the video rendering thing

yes the gpu helps. But the CPU is also vital to that process

getting an i5 while having a Titan for rendering would be bonkers and a total bottleneck for the titan

you could say the CPUS is more important in the video rendering thing

Makes sense. thanks!

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

You can't really compare directly since they vary in platforms. But I wouldn't go for either and I would just go for a 5920k or 5930k

x99 is obviously better than the old x79

the 5xxx series will always be better, so i agreee with redsphyxis

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

I'm not comfortable useing used PC parts so I think I'll go with the 4790k but i'm not sure about the MoBo I was thinking the msi gaming 7 but what do you think