Microsoft's Cortana is Coming to iOS and Android

ahhming

Google Now is great and all, but by default I'll have to use Cortana now.

Me = Halo fan

Cortana = Halo character

:3

COMIC SANS

Gotta give it to him, Nadella is determined to go balls deep with his "Let's just become Google" strategy

Google sure need some competition.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Windows Phone now has 0 advantages over its competitors, I'm not complaining though

afaik it still gives you more control over notifications than iOS and Android, but that's about it.

Cortana can read emails and understand them? That's freaky.  And Einstein will be connecting to an AI?!? So I guess Microsoft builds Skynet 1.0.  B)

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

This is great. Integration between mobile and desktop is becoming key for me, which Google has done well so far.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Windows Phone now has 0 advantages over its competitors, I'm not complaining though

When you can get phone with quad core CPU for under 100€ its pretty damn big advantage on budget phones because no matter what OS it runs it is just a lot better user experience

Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4.3GHz, Asus Z97-AR, Evga GTX 480, Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4Gb and Kingston HyperX Blu 2x2Gb, Antec Earthwatts 500W, Samsung HD103UJ and HD502HJ, Custom water cooling loop for CPU and GPU 

This is great!  It will make Cortana so much better to have the bigger user base for feedback and complaints.  I'd like a review of Cortana at some point.

-Jarro

I personally see the Windows phone growing from now. With the Windows 10 I see the benefit if locking myself into Microsoft, Bing is now better, windows is getting even better and windows phone isn't that bad. On topic though I am so happy Cortana is gunna be on my android devices :D

Windows phone is bloody fast, a lot smoother than iOS and leagues ahead of android on comparable hardware. My HTC 8S runs multitudes smoother than any android device with similar specs and it's 2 years old with the unoptimised developers preview on it. Windows phone at the moment is the OS to have on low end hardware, and once windows 10 comes out it's likely to have the app support and added platform unification to really take on Apple and Google.

On topic, this is good news for those on other mobile OS' as it gives them what in my view from using all three is the most complete personal assistant, however not having live tiles on iOS will be a significant issue IMHO, but an android widget should help on that front.

I think the reason for that is because Windows uses really really simple animations that are easy to run. If you watched Linus' video on the Retina iMac running Yosemite vs Windows 8, you could see that OS X lags really badly because the animations that Apple uses aren't simple and require really good graphics hardware compared to Windows' really simple, quick, and lag free animations. That's probably one of the reasons Mac laptops usually have better Intel graphics than its competitors. 

Smart move on Microsoft's behalf. Reason for this is while being available across multiple platforms (which isn't possible with Google Now or Siri)

Actually, google has had a google search app on IOS for a long while. They updated it a while ago to bring all the google now features. Google now is on IOS.

Actually, google has had a google search app on IOS for a long while. They updated it a while ago to bring all the google now features. Google now is on IOS.

Probably in partial. I doubt you can use Google Now as your default assistant in the OS let alone say "Ok Google" to your iPhone to start a search.

Probably in partial. I doubt you can use Google Now as your default assistant in the OS let alone say "Ok Google" to your iPhone to start a search.

You are correct. Google now is limited on IOS where it can't do everything it does on Android devices. This will be the same with Cortana. I don't know how much it can do on Android but it will probably be similar as Google now is on IOS yet with it's own unique features, look, and search engine.

Well while using a jailbreak there could be an option to replace Cortana with Siri :D

Pretty Cool!

That's cool, google now kind of sucks, even on a device where its supposed to work well (droid turbo) so maybe this will be better.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Actually from what I've heard, it seems to be faster and more stable than Android or iOS.

I've heard from quite a few friends that WP itself isn't all that bad. The problems lies in app availability 

What is the point of this, if I have to open an app to use it, it is way to inconvenient. Anyways I find Cortana to be not very assisting. 

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man