Asus attacks Apple Watch buyers with flow chart that concludes ‘You are really out of your mind’

CoolaxGaming

I cannot for the LIFE of me understand why any right-minded human being would WANT to do this..?

But your answer is.. I mean... Yeah, you can.. lol. Maybe just a handful of songs too.

i dont mean storing the songs on the watch itself, i would like to use it to push the audio from my phone to said devices using the smartwatch

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

Can SOMEONE'S marketing PLEASE start being of the ilk, "YOU NEED A SMART-WATCH BECAUSE..."

Because until someone coherently verbalises the point of any of their products I am not going to buy one.

Your not their type of consumer anyway if you have to "justify" it

i dont mean storing the songs on the watch itself, i would like to use it to push the audio from my phone to said devices using the smartwatch

Right, but if you have your phone in the car anyways... I don't quite see the upside of using 2 devices to do 1 task that only 1 device needs to do.. 

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding you in some way.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

So basically they are saying every item you buy needs to be a good value? The guys who sell crazy expensive graphics cards and motherboards that add little performance over a cheaper model. Not everything is about value.

Your not their type of consumer anyway if you have to "justify" it

If smart-watches are only targeted at the very few tech hobbyists who are already interested without hearing anything besides "we put a screen and a CPU in a watch for some reason" then they will sell very poorly, which they are doing.

Refresh your memory. Re-watch Steve Jobs's unveiling of the original iPhone.

Think what you like of the man, Apple and iOS, this is a masterclass in how to get people interested in your product. He doesn't just say "we done a thing and it's good," he talks at length about what this product means to the individual, what impact it will have on anyone who bought one. This is what Apple have always done well in the past. As it is right now, smartwatches are being marketed on the basis of a sodding heart-rate monitor app. Someone has to make the concept of a smart watch matter to someone, or they will all fail.

Even Linus's reviews are of the ilk "I like this one, the screen is nice and the battery lasted ages." There's no insight into exactly how my life could be enriched by this new piece of tech. And I'm saying this as someone who takes an active interest in tech -- god help companies trying to sell this idea to the general public.

Right, but if you have your phone in the car anyways... I don't quite see the upside of using 2 devices to do 1 task that only 1 device needs to do.. 

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding you in some way.

ohh yes sorry in ontario if your even caught looking at your phone even if its just to look at the time you get a massive ticket.. so i thought maybe the smartwatch could be more efficient and keep me out of trouble with the law

they even dress up as bums in the middle of intersections to trick people

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

ohh yes sorry in ontario if your even caught looking at your phone even if its just to look at the time you get a massive ticket.. so i thought maybe the smartwatch could be more efficient and keep me out of trouble with the law

You have GOT to be kidding me..

They're that strict?

.. I'm sorry bro.

*I anticipate a revision of that law the first time you get pulled over with essentially your phone mounted to your wrist*

Anyways, just google it, I believe I've seen it done once before. I stalk the internet all the time, that's why I seem to know the most random things on the most random topics. Ask me 2+2 and I won't know.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

wow I've heard of that

If they see the light from a phone screen, even the gps or a passengers phone, they'll do that. Fucked up man

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I am by no means an Apple fanatic but this is silly. At least be professional. Bottom line whether they want to admit it or not Apple does most products better. I am not going to buy an Apple watch at this point, but I am not going to buy an ASUS one either. Smart watches right now are like those HUGE Motorola flip phones from the 90s. In a few years people will laugh at how much better they are than the first Apple watch. And this is a ridiculous comparison. The golden apple watch is not meant for the general market, and this ad makes a comparison with a watch not anywhere near is price range.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Funny Asus says people are crazy for buying one of their competitor's products because after the horror stories I've heard lately about their customer "support" I'd say the crazy ones are the people buying from them.

Funny Asus says people are crazy for buying one of their competitor's products because after the horror stories I've heard lately about their customer "support" I'd say the crazy ones are the people buying from them.

What's this Asus customer support?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Buying a smartwatch at this point probably isn't the best idea. I'll wait for more battery and steel bands.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

I'm gonna fix this hold onHereFIXEDAs they are right now, smart watches are frivolous stupid things that you buy because it's cool not because you need it. Asus's watch is no different.

*cough*Pebble*cough*

DAYYYYMMMMNNNNNN SON. Your move apple.

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

This is good the cheapest version here is $499 with the most expensive being $14k. I may of considered the sport if it was $350, personally find the mid tier is ugly AF IMO and the gold one is plain stupid I'd rather spend that money on a Rolex. People are saying the gold one is aimed at the rich but if a rich person was wearing a $10k watch compared to all his mates wearing $50k+ watches how would that look?

*cough*Pebble*cough*

pebble is no different, although it successfully functions as an actual watch with screen time believe it or not. 

I tend to forget these other ones are meant to tell time. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm buying an Apple Watch just to spite this forum

:)

I like the fact u waste your money while I spend them on something reasonable :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Is this what we have come too?

[snip]

No it's everyone vs everyone as it was always be. See no point in smartwatches, I'm not that lazy to pull out my phone. This internet of things is questionable after all. You hacked me. No it was my fridge. I might consider that for future needs.

-snip-

Seems funny that these people are actually mentioning the names of their competitors. Unlike AMD who insult Nvidia without actually mentioning their name.

-snip-

cde109e866.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

-snip-

Seems funny that these people are actually mentioning the names of their competitors. Unlike AMD who insult Nvidia without actually mentioning their name.

-snip-

That's not true, I don't think there's a single company that sells golden apples.

That could be anyone.

i recently learnt UX303 had a huge failure rate. so take this with a grain of salt 

*snip*

THIS IS FALSE!

They are measuring at the thinnest part of the laptop, the macbook is at it's thickest.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

cde109e866.jpg

lol while I'd agree with the flowchart, and that's almost what I did, the iWatch is utter shit. So is the Zenwatch, but it's cheaper. And doesn't look quite as stupid. 

But if you were considering an iWatch VS a zenwatch, I doubt you were considering the 10k iwatch vs the zenwatch. 

Just like the Macbook air ad, asus is misleading again. 

Not that the new macbook makes any sense over the macbook air with better spec for less.

muh specs 

All parts black