Any BRZ or FRS owners?

DLM_012

I've been looking at both of these cars and will probably purchase one sometime halfway through next year. Are there any owners here on the LTT forum?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Psh, cars. We nerds have little need to travel into the real world! (ps, I VW Beetle soooo yeah. Dork  :P )

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Can you get the GT86 in the US? I know it's all the same car but that's the badge I would want on mine...

Psh, cars. We nerds have little need to travel into the real world! (ps, I VW Beetle soooo yeah. Dork  :P )

I'm a huge car and motorcycle guy. I have to put off buying a motorcycle for another year or two because I'm still in college and my mom forbids that I have one till I graduate and begin paying my own bills.

Can you get the GT86 in the US? I know it's all the same car but that's the badge I would want on mine...

To my knowledge they don't. Only the BRZ and FRS are available to purchase.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

I say brz, but i would love to have a ae86 (hachi-roku) or a ae 85 (hachi-go)

That's a shame as the car is really an evolution of the AE86, I would imagine that it would be more sought after in years to come.

I haven't driven one...yet...but as far as I can tell it's not the worst car if buying new. I would say the boxer engine is a lot better if you like going sideways compared to the old twin cams...watched a few of the engines in them seize up thanks to centrifugal force.

Definitely a leader in it's class, but honestly if I had the money I would still be looking on the used market, with the right amount of skill or friends you could build something twice as good for half the price.

For the same money you can get a very good used WRX STI or Evo Lancer. I know which one I'd get...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I'm a huge car and motorcycle guy. I have to put off buying a motorcycle for another year or two because I'm still in college and my mom forbids that I have one till I graduate and begin paying my own bills.

That's a shame as the car is really an evolution of the AE86, I would imagine that it would be more sought after in years to come.

I haven't driven one...yet...but as far as I can tell it's not the worst car if buying new. I would say the boxer engine is a lot better if you like going sideways compared to the old twin cams...watched a few of the engines in them seize up thanks to centrifugal force.

Definitely a leader in it's class, but honestly if I had the money I would still be looking on the used market, with the right amount of skill or friends you could build something twice as good for half the price.

I googled that car and... Ewww... Hate the looks lol. I don't care if it is a top performer since the design kills it for me

For the same money you can get a very good used WRX STI or Evo Lancer. I know which one I'd get...

I want a 2 door coupe. I do like the WRX STIs and older Evo Lancers but people with older Lancers are probably holding onto them or charging an arm and a leg for it.

I googled that car and... Ewww... Hate the looks lol. I don't care if it is a top performer since the design kills it for me

I want a 2 door coupe. I do like the WRX STIs and older Evo Lancers but people with older Lancers are probably holding onto them or charging an arm and a leg for it.

Personal preference I guess, but either of those cars would beat a BRZ/FRS any day, and they're more practical. Light, AWD, with lots of power is amazing.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I've been looking at both of these cars and will probably purchase one sometime halfway through next year. Are there any owners here on the LTT forum?

I don't own one but two of the best manufacturers in the world joined forces to design and build it (Toyota and Subaru) so it's going to be a good car :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Personal preference I guess, but either of those cars would beat a BRZ/FRS any day, and they're more practical. Light, AWD, with lots of power is amazing.

I think those are RWD only at the moment unless another model has come out

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It's the same car just different grilles, you could easily swap the front bumper and other bits. It doesn't perform any better, I just think it will hold it's value in the future.

I think those are RWD only at the moment unless another model has come out

I was referring to the WRX/Evo. Obviously the BRZ/FRS is RWD.

I was referring to the WRX/Evo. Obviously the BRZ/FRS is RWD.

Ohh maybe should have seen who you quoted before putting in my 2 cents lol

I'm not looking for power. I want something that's fun to drive, non-Honda ricer material

It's the same car just different grilles, you could easily swap the front bumper and other bits. It doesn't perform any better, I just think it will hold it's value in the future.

Maybe I googled the wrong car because I found a hatchback instead of what you're describing.

Toyota made the Gt86 in early 2012, scion is basically toyota in some countries where toyota isnt allowed. Subaru needs more time for the next impreza so they pay toyota for the prints of the gt86 creating the BRZ which is honestly the same car. I would say that you should go for the toyota gt86 has its fast, lean and the original creators of it, bit of turbo lag but give it a second and bang you will feel it. This comes from a owner of the Gt86. Best of all you can feel the g force pounding you as you go around a corner.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

brownninja97, on 05 Jul 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

Toyota made the Gt86 in early 2012, scion is basically toyota in some countries where toyota isnt allowed. Subaru needs more time for the next impreza so they pay toyota for the prints of the gt86 creating the BRZ which is honestly the same car. I would say that you should go for the toyota gt86 has its fast, lean and the original creators of it, bit of turbo lag but give it a second and bang you will feel it. This comes from a owner of the Gt86. Best of all you can feel the g force pounding you as you go around a corner.

They don't come with turbochargers unless the owners put them on themselves, Scion is owned by Toyota and this project is pretty much a 50/50 development well maybe a little more since it has a Subaru FA20 engine and AWD system, the engine has Toyota's clever fuel system but as far as I know, that car is more Subaru than Toyota unless I've misread.

They don't come with turbochargers unless the owners put them on themselves, Scion is owned by Toyota and this project is pretty much a 50/50 development well maybe a little more since it has a Subaru FB20 engine and AWD system, the engine has Toyota's clever fuel system but that car is more Subaru than Toyota unless I've misread.

I need to brush up on my car skills then, I blame exams. I wonder why toyota made a concept for this in 2010 and reveal it in 2011 and release in 2012. Subaru are just like fuck it there is a car on the market. I dont understand why they didnt change the appearance at all, even if the specs are the same the appearance is a massive deal with cars. In case your wondering I use this http://www.seriouswheels.com/

to learn about cars and get a wallpaper every  now and then. I can say that Toyota is by far the best photographer. As toyota owns Lexus I wonder when they will  make a Gt86 and what stupid name it will have. They should have stayed with Celica. Btw the turbo is a optional extra when you get the car. My father came from an M3 E46 so he wanted a decent car that doesnt break the bank. I wonder why he got it brand new as it loses a ton of its value the second it gets out the shop. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Fun fact: Scion is the name Toyota took on the name Scion when it left Japan for overseas countries like the US in case they were poorly received, so that the Toyota name wasn't tarnished. The case of the 86/FRS/BRZ is just badge engineering. It's essentially a Subaru underneath, with more or less the same body and a different badge on top.

Fun fact: Scion is the name Toyota took on the name Scion when it left Japan for overseas countries like the US in case they were poorly received, so that the Toyota name wasn't tarnished. The case of the 86/FRS/BRZ is just badge engineering. It's essentially a Subaru underneath, with more or less the same body and a different badge on top.

Microsoft should listen to what you just said, they dont get recieved at all in japan, they should change their name to takoyaki(octopus if im correct) which is great as it shows how they suck the money out the community or they could be jellyfish otherwise known as the devil fish in japan. 

If you wondering how i know this then its because I got just persona 3 for the psp, ive learned more japanese(while eng dub) then the total amount of spanish in GCSEs.

Listen if you care.

I need to brush up on my car skills then, I blame exams. I wonder why toyota made a concept for this in 2010 and reveal it in 2011 and release in 2012. Subaru are just like fuck it there is a car on the market. I dont understand why they didnt change the appearance at all, even if the specs are the same the appearance is a massive deal with cars. In case your wondering I use this http://www.seriouswheels.com/

to learn about cars and get a wallpaper every  now and then. I can say that Toyota is by far the best photographer. As toyota owns Lexus I wonder when they will  make a Gt86 and what stupid name it will have. They should have stayed with Celica. Btw the turbo is a optional extra when you get the car. My father came from an M3 E46 so he wanted a decent car that doesnt break the bank. I wonder why he got it brand new as it loses a ton of its value the second it gets out the shop. 

It's not like this is the first case of cross-badge design EVER... lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badge_engineering

Toyota may have come out with the design but I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) that Subaru did most of the engineering work and at the end of the day the most important parts of the car are from Subaru, the engine, drivetrain, suspension and braking system.

That's cool about the turbo though, I think Subaru are working on an STI version but I didn't know that it was already an optional extra, should add a little poke :)

It's not like this is the first case of cross-badge design EVER... lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badge_engineering

My grandfather has the VW lupo with the fancy rear lights however its badged as a Lupo, guessing it was in a crash and the seat lights were cheaper.

Listen if you care.

My grandfather has the VW lupo with the fancy rear lights however its badged as a Lupo, guessing it was in a crash and the seat lights were cheaper.

Well so long as they work and display the correct colours, it's perfectly legal

Toyota may have come out with the design but I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) that Subaru did most of the engineering work and at the end of the day the most important parts of the car are from Subaru, the engine, drivetrain, suspension and braking system.

That's cool about the turbo though, I think Subaru are working on an STI version but I didn't know that it was already an optional extra, should add a little poke :)

Well its caused me to bite my tongue a number of times now, I never learn.

Listen if you care.