Any BRZ or FRS owners?

DLM_012

Toyota may have come out with the design but I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) that Subaru did most of the engineering work and at the end of the day the most important parts of the car are from Subaru, the engine, drivetrain, suspension and braking system.

That's cool about the turbo though, I think Subaru are working on an STI version but I didn't know that it was already an optional extra, should add a little poke :)

It's basically a boxer engine out of an Impreza RX (not WRX), almost an Impreza chassis, and Subaru running gear. It's really a RWD Impreza Coupe'. No doubt there'll be an STI variant to contest the GT86....

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Well its caused me to bite my tongue a number of times now, I never learn.

Never been in one, is it good :P

I've been in some pretty insane Impreza's including a 22B kicking out 500bhp, bloody epic lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It's basically a boxer engine out of an Impreza RX (not WRX), almost an Impreza chassis, and Subaru running gear. It's really a RWD Impreza Coupe'. No doubt there'll be an STI variant to contest the GT86....

Yea damn good mechanicals, the FA20 engine they use is a very good engine but it needs either a turbocharger or what I'd want is a supercharger so I get that sweet whine

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Well so long as they work and display the correct colours, it's perfectly legal

ehehehheeh....... 

Dunno how he got away with it in MOT but one of the front lights in bent to the rights meaning it shines in the incoming traffic whereas they should be pointed to the left by 7oc if im correct. That Lupo is messed up, was trying to learn to drive in it and I bet a horse and carriage could break faster. 

Word of advice, the cup holders in the Gt86 cant handle 60kg of weight, before you ask it was an accident, dont tell my parents.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I've been in some pretty insane Impreza's including a 22B kicking out 500bhp, bloody epic lol

22b.... I am gelatinous.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

22b.... I am gelatinous.

and 500bhp, the turbocharger was bloody big and the lag was fun, bury your foot and what feels like an eternity for it to spool and then kicks the crap out of you, on a track we hit 260km/h but wasn't geared for much more and 0-100km/h in about 4 seconds, he said he could get it down but kept messing the launch, 4WD cars are a bitch to launch correctly.

Well I cant match that, the gt86 is nice,fastest car ive driven but then again, im young and *cough16*cough*. Driving is a push over, learning that bloody exam is hassle.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yea damn good mechanicals, the FA20 engine they use is a very good engine but it needs either a turbocharger or what I'd want is a supercharger so I get that sweet whine

superchargers are too american, they eat up fuel like there is no tomorrow and I bet your emissions explode. Not to mention your tax group will be high. For some reason our 1.6 corolla(for my mum) is in the same tax group as the gt86 because some prat put sports on it. There is nothing sporty about it apart from when you lift the hood and it says castrol instead of toyota, the engine is ********. But thats a story for another day. I cant remember the specs but it maxed out at around 125mph.

Listen if you care.

superchargers are too american, they eat up fuel like there is no tomorrow and I bet your emissions explode. Not to mention your tax group will be high. For some reason our 1.6 corolla(for my mum) is in the same tax group as the gt86 because some prat put sports on it. There is nothing sporty about it apart from when you lift the hood and it says castrol instead of toyota, the engine is ********. But thats a story for another day. I cant remember the specs but it maxed out at around 125mph.

Too American, I think the supercharger is an German creation

Trying to find a video of that Subaru I had a ride in and this is the closest I've found, it's not a 22B but the sound is pretty much the same, so incredible.

Talk about derailing this thread a little lol

and 500bhp, the turbocharger was bloody big and the lag was fun, bury your foot and what feels like an eternity for it to spool and then kicks the crap out of you, on a track we hit 260km/h but wasn't geared for much more and 0-100km/h in about 4 seconds, he said he could get it down but kept messing the launch, 4WD cars are a bitch to launch correctly.

I got to drive an 07 STI and Evo VI at a rally day earlier this year, both about 350hp, way too much fun :D

I got to drive an 07 STI and Evo VI at a rally day earlier this year, both about 350hp, way too much fun :D

Bloody excellent cars, as a car enthusiast the country of origin means nothing but I do love Japanese especially the JDM cars

Bloody excellent cars, as a car enthusiast the country of origin means nothing but I do love Japanese especially the JDM cars

I would do horrible, unforgivable things to get an 04 STI...

I would do horrible, unforgivable things to get an 04 STI...

Same here but the newer Impreza's don't even compare to the real Impreza's, the 22B (2.2L, Bilstein) and my favourite the P1 (Prodrive 1).

Same here but the newer Impreza's don't even compare to the real Impreza's, the 22B (2.2L, Bilstein) and my favourite the P1 (Prodrive 1).

I 100% agree. The only 22b for sale in Australia right now was 70 grand last time I checked :P

Too American, I think the supercharger is an German creation

Trying to find a video of that Subaru I had a ride in and this is the closest I've found, it's not a 22B but the sound is pretty much the same, so incredible.

Talk about derailing this thread a little lol

I bet I could destroy that on Granturismo, imma do that now. Crap its 3am. Maybe ill sleep for a while.

Listen if you care.

I 100% agree. The only 22b for sale in Australia right now was 70 grand last time I checked :P

I love those awesome body kits, for me the Mitsubushi evo cars have gone down hill as well, the 6 and 7 were awesome and then there was a the TM edition, now the Evo looks like a box and mitsubishi arent even making a new version. Hopefully this is a spoke too soon moment.

Listen if you care.

And worth every cent, I'd be more than happy to get that for $70,000

I love those awesome body kits, for me the Mitsubushi evo cars have gone down hill as well, the 6 and 7 were awesome and then there was a the TM edition, now the Evo looks like a box and mitsubishi arent even making a new version. Hopefully this is a spoke too soon moment.

I think the Lancers have pulled ahead of the Imprezas, but they'll never be like try used too. The problem is coming further away from their rally heritage. My best mate's brother got a TM Evo last year and took 4 days to lose his licence :P and now he has supercharged XR8 ute...

I think the Lancers have pulled ahead of the Imprezas, but they'll never be like try used too. The problem is coming further away from their rally heritage. My best mate's brother got a TM Evo last year and took 4 days to lose his licence :P and now he has supercharged XR8 ute...

Which Falcon is it, I've always loved the BA/BF style, they look quite sexy

Which Falcon is it, I've always loved the BA/BF style, they look quite sexy

It's a BF :D he says it's TOO powerful now....

It's a BF :D he says it's TOO powerful now....

Aww sweet and too powerful ehh, well you can tell him from me that the loud pedal doesn't need to be pinned to the floor for the whole time lol

There's rumors that there will in fact be a 2014 STI variant of the BRZ

Wow... Didn't expect the thread to blow up like this haha. Thanks for input thus far everyone. I'll probably end up with a BRZ. My buddy is also pushing me in that direction over the FRS. The limited version of the BRZ also has some nice bells and whistles over the FRS. I'll see if I can get a test drive in the next few weeks and take my mom with me since she knows how to drive a standard.

I calculated my payments online and it's looking like a little over $400/month for a 5 year loan. I'd imagine insurance wouldn't be too expensive either since it's a 4 cylinder despite it having two doors. That will be a lot cheaper than a Mustang GT (my dream car)

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Wow... Didn't expect the thread to blow up like this haha. Thanks for input thus far everyone. I'll probably end up with a BRZ. My buddy is also pushing me in that direction over the FRS. The limited version of the BRZ also has some nice bells and whistles over the FRS. I'll see if I can get a test drive in the next few weeks and take my mom with me since she knows how to drive a standard.

I calculated my payments online and it's looking like a little over $400/month for a 5 year loan. I'd imagine insurance wouldn't be too expensive either since it's a 4 cylinder despite it having two doors. That will be a lot cheaper than a Mustang GT (my dream car)

Subaru is far superior, also you get that sweet badge.

I think Subaru is the Japanese name for the Pleiades which is why they have it as a logo :)

Also sorry for the off-topicness, one thing after another and before you know it, that happens lol

Subaru is far superior, also you get that sweet badge.

I think Subaru is the Japanese name for the Pleiades which is why they have it as a logo :)

Also sorry for the off-topicness, one thing after another and before you know it, that happens lol

Don't worry about it. Like everyone in this thread I also have a passion for rally cars. I'd be considering an Evo if the design wasn't so radically different from it's predecessors. It's also out of my price range 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Do you mean manual? If your first car is a BRZ and you can't even drive a manual... Ugh... Learn to drive first.