Is i5-4570S overclockable? And how?

Guys, new to this tread, don't need to be rude, just asking. Is I5-4750S overclockable? And if yes, how to do it, any tutorial? Aaaand, how much should I overclock it. THAANKS!

I believe you need to have a "K" processor for overclocking. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Ohh. But i saw, that some guys overclocks gpu's that are not 'K' :/

As far as I am aware, you can only overclock K series processors. Sorry ^_^

You can't, the multiplier is locked.
The only thing you can do is raise the FSB a bit, but you won't gain more than a few MHz in CPU speed that way. It's also a good way of destabilizing your system.

Intel doesn't make GPU's.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

GPU or CPU? If it ends with and X, then it's also overclockable. And if it starts with AMD :P

Guys, new to this tread, don't need to be rude, just asking. Is I5-4750S overclockable? And if yes, how to do it, any tutorial? Aaaand, how much should I overclock it. THAANKS!

Non K processors can infact be overclocked, by increase the Base Clock. This will also overclock the ram and a few other buses which is why the overclocks are never massive. Expect around 300MHz - 500MHz.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

You CAN overclock using the baseclock, but be warned it starts at 100Mhz and you won't get very far at all without instability...

You may have to also declock the memory to a speed rating lower than it's stock, as FSB gains will also make the memory speed faster.

102Mhz is probably easy enough to be stable, but some motherboards cannot go further..

I am very lucky.

I have 106.6Mhz, 106.7 it will not boot, @ 106.6 my PCIE 3.0 x16 slot is gone, it turns into a PCIE 2.0 x16 slot, which is fine for my GPU still.

If I went back to 104Mhz I get my PCIE 3.0 back...

It's risky enough, but overclocking in general can be...

If you REALLY MUST TRY THIS.. then try 102Mhz, if that works,.. do not jump str8 to 103, try 102.5 (if you can use those increments) and so on.. don't jump too high too fast.

It's only worth it if it can go really high like mine, adding a few hundred MHZ on top of stock..

Multi of 39x106.6 = 4.157Ghz <-- I also added a teenie weenie bit of voltage using offset mode.

Keep in mind.... be prepared maybe to remove the cmos battery or the resetting pins on your motherboard if it fails and your motherboard doesn't reset itself on its own after failing.

@jabla

Again - I'm very lucky... a one off that I could hit 106.6Mhz, other boards I have do not go this far.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks! Yeah, sorry cpu not gpu :D

If I'm correct, you can only change the baseclock of a non K processor (unlike a K processor which allows you to change the multiplier), and is harder and riskier to do. Non K processors also don't overclock as well. There's no guarantee what I said was 100% correct, so feel free to take as grain of salt.

Non K processors can infact be overclocked, by increase the Base Clock. This will also overclock the ram and a few other buses which is why the overclocks are never massive. Expect around 300MHz - 500MHz.

This may not be feasible, as as far as I know, bclk adjustments kill turbo boost, which is a free 200MHz on 4 cores anyway. So unless he can safely (and stable-ly) get over 200MHz out of bclk adjusting, it'd be better to simple force turbo boost on 24/7

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

This may not be feasible, as as far as I know, bclk adjustments kill turbo boost, which is a free 200MHz on 4 cores anyway. So unless he can safely (and stable-ly) get over 200MHz out of bclk adjusting, it'd be better to simple force turbo boost on 24/7

Possibly not. Although it could be my Asus motherboards feature to boot with 'MAXturbo'  instead of 'Maxperformance non-turbo'.

My Turbo clock is still active (3.9Ghz Turbo clock + BCLK@106.6 = 4.157Ghz) It would be lower with non-turbo+BCLK OC.

/Could be isolated to my Asus board...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Possibly not. Although it could my my Asus motherboards feature to boot with 'MAXturbo'  instead of 'Maxperformance non-turbo'.

My Turbo clock is still active (3.9Ghz Turbo clock + BCLK@106.6 = 4.157Ghz) It would be lower with non-turbo+BCLK OC.

/Could be isolated to my Asus board...

Interesting. I'd like to see if more people can get bclk adjustments with turbo boost active on non-ASUS boards. If ASUS managed to do this while keeping turbo and other boards cannot, then that means ASUS boards are by and large the best you can acquire/use for any non-K processor if you're wanting to squeeze out performance.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Intel doesn't make GPU's.

Yes they did

Intel%20740-8Mb.JPG

Yes they did

Intel%20740-8Mb.JPG

They make onboard gpu's, too but nothing worth overclocking anyways.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T