207 Degrees Farenheight safe for my mac?

babadoctor

Hey guys,

I have a macbook pro 13 inch from 2011 and i was wondering if it was safe for it to be at that tempurature. It doesnt seem to run into any problems at all while operating at that temp and even with a cooling pad under it it goes to 190 degrees faregnheight. My fans start to make noise at around 180f ish(87.7c) and fully turn on at 200f(93.33c). (180 degrees means 4,000 RPM, 200 means 6,200 RPM) People say that around 200 causes CPU crashes but i dont see that happening at ALL

EDIT: Everyone wants me to use celsius sooo... 200 Farenheight is 93.333 Celsius and 190 is 87.7778

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Definitely not. Yes, Intel CPUs can run at those temps under extreme loads safely, but you risk damaging other components.

Definitely not. Yes, Intel CPUs can run at those temps under extreme loads safely, but you risk damaging other components.

Like what? Please explain to me what might be damaged.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I wouldn't really call it Safe at all.

and please use C when you're talking about Computer temperatures. It's just easier for almost everyone.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Congrats on your 555th post

Like what? Please explain to me what might be damaged.

Thats just the sensor thats reading those temperatures. (which I believe isn't directly on the CPU) the actually package/die are probably hotter then that.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

e.e No

NO STOP GET OUT OF ME POST

(irl friend)

Thats just the sensor thats reading those temperatures. (which I believe isn't directly on the CPU) the actually package/die are probably hotter then that.

package/die is....?

207F is 97c(also know as hot as fucking fuck), that is far too hot for even intel CPU's. You should check your laptop to be sure that the fans are not filled with dust and be sure to keep the laptop on a hard surface to ensure that it get enough airflow.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

207F is 97c(also know as hot as fucking fuck), that is far too hot for even intel CPU's. You should check your laptop to be sure that the fans are not filled with dust and be sure to keep the laptop on a hard surface to ensure that it get enough airflow.

i looked earlier and they were filled with dust. Ideas for how to clean the mini fan? MACS HAVE A SMALL ASS FAN

That is 97 C degrees, for the rest of the world 

I CHANGED IT

package/die is....?

The cores, everything on the chip. 

Computing enthusiast. 

That is way too hot.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i looked earlier and they were filled with dust. Ideas for how to clean the mini fan? MACS HAVE A SMALL ASS FAN

Use a can of compressed air and blow into the fan intake and exhaust to get out as much of the dust as possible. Use short bursts of air and stop using the can once it becomes very cold as the effectiveness of it reduces as the can gets colder.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Yikes, 3 degrees below the TJ max.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yikes, 3 degrees below the TJ max.

TJ max is in watts not in C. but yes 97 is wayyyyyyy too much.

TJ max is in watts not in C. but yes 97 is wayyyyyyy too much.

On Intel's website, it states the TJ max in degrees not watts.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@babadoctor Your Mac is designed with a thermal cut off (like most computers).  It'll turn itself off before it damages any components. 

From the user guide:

Proper handling The bottom of your MacBook Pro may become very warm during normal use. The MacBook Pro complies with the user-accessible surface temperature limits defined by the International Standard for Safety of Information Technology Equipment (IEC 60950-1).

TOO LATE MY FRIEND. 

__________------___________ now he knows i live in america DUN DUN DUNNNN btw i hate the american system for measurement... WHY CANT WE ALL USE CELSIUSwhy-fahrenheit-is-better-than-celsius_o_

On Intel's website, it states the TJ max in degrees not watts.

i stand corrected. 

thanks guys! :)