Can you change a US layout Keyboard to UK?

Lewiscpullan

Hi I'm looking at a keyboard that is a US layout but I'm from the UK! I prefer the US layout more except one thing I need a pounds (£) instead of dollars ($) can a change this?

Hi I'm looking at a keyboard that is a US layout but I'm from the UK! I prefer the US layout more except one thing I need a pounds (£) instead of dollars ($) can a change this?

Maybe through software like auto hotkey.

But if you change the whole layout you'll lose the left had '\' key

Alt + 0163 gives you the symbol on Windows.

On Mac, it's the Option and 3 key.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Can't you just change your keyboard layout in the Control Panel?

Control Panel; under Clock, Language, and Region go to Change keyboards and other input methods; under Keyboards and Languages go to Change keyboards; under General go to Add; scroll down to English (United States) and English (United Kingdom) is right above it.

These directions are for Windows 7. But, this will surely work under Windows 8/8.1 and older operating systems but the steps may only be SLIGHTLY different. I have no idea if you have a mac but I am pretty sure there is a function key to activate it with the pound under the dollar sign or something...idk. I hope this helped!

Can't you just change your keyboard layout in the Control Panel?

---

That wouldn't help the problem. He just want the one keypress symbol changed to another. Changing full layout will change places for all symbols.

Creating macro for it is one option but you'd need full macro kb for that.

E: And doing macro's inside software like Word. Or creating spelling rule for it. So everytime you use $ it changes automaticly to £

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Shift+3 should give you the pound sign in both US (#) & UK (£) layout.   

If you're getting the American pound sign (#), your OS has a setting where to change between layouts back & forth with the push of a button.  So you got to setup UK layout as secondary.  Easy to switch between the layouts once it's setup. 

This is a Cherry SPOS keyboard I setup with 3 layouts.  US English, Korean & Russian.

AfZiLDY.jpg