Best Antivirus?

fryk29

hi

just straight question, which is the best free antivirus?

ty

hi

just straight question, which is the best free antivirus?

ty

Avast+Malwarebytes and common sense.

(And Chrome has some good ways of avoiding some Viruses too)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can try Bitdefender Free + Malwarebytes (free/premium). They work great for me, just set it and forget it.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Avast+Malwarebytes and common sense.

(And Chrome has some good ways of avoiding some Viruses too)

This ^^

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Windows has built in Anti-Malware protection.  As long as you have common sense its honestly probably a all around better solution for everyone.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

whats common sense?

Common Sense: Good sense and sound judgment in practical matters. (Source: Google)

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Common Sense: Good sense and sound judgment in practical matters. (Source: Google)

hahahhaha :D i thought it was somekind of software

Kaspersky antivirus 

Norton 360

I personally use Kaspersky Internet Security but is't Kaspersky Paid? isn't the OP about Best Free Antivirus

I think we really need a sticky on this, or recommend software in general.  I feel like this question is asked too much.

That aside:

For free AV you should either get Avira or Bitdefender.  Bitdefender is more lightweight, but it doesn't give you many options in terms of control or how it works.

If you want a paid one then either Bitdefender or Kaspersky.  I would probably go with Kaspersky just for the fact that their team has found a lot of security issues in the past.  You can also check out AVTEST, a third-party company that rates AVs.  (Bitdefender and Kaspersky are the top 2)

Kaspersky is a great PAID anti-virus.. Lots of updates all the time , which can be annoying but is a good thing. You know you're keeping your computer safe.

For free I would def go with bitdefender + Malwarebytes ( free version ).  Malwarebytes will do most of the grunt work and protect you probably the best.

Most internet providers now a days provide Anti-Virus , so I would check with your internet provider and see what they offer. Also most tech support companies will also provide you with anti-virus such as Best Buys Geek Squad.

With that meaning , if you have a friend that may have a membership to such tech support , they can let you use their anti-virus, since most can have 3-5 computers connected to the one account.