positive/negative air pressure assistance

callmecars

so its gonna be the first time that I'll build a PC, and I don't know jack s**t on how to set up these positive/negative air pressure things yet

my case is gonna be an Corsair Air 540 and I won't really buy any additional fans, except for my CPU fan, the Noctua NH-D14, which I don't know if there is more than one way to set up, but if it's a factor in properly setting this up, then please help with that too. I've also got a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming if the fans there would also be a factor.

so how do I properly set this thing up to optimize the airflow?

Front - intake

Rear - exhaust

The fan default fan configuration of the Air 540 is optimal for positive pressure. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

so its gonna be the first time that I'll build a PC, and I don't know jack s**t on how to set up these positive/negative air pressure things yet

my case is gonna be an Corsair Air 540 and I won't really buy any additional fans, except for my CPU fan, the Noctua NH-D14, which I don't know if there is more than one way to set up, but if it's a factor in properly setting this up, then please help with that too. I've also got a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming if the fans there would also be a factor.

so how do I properly set this thing up to optimize the airflow?

Essentially Negative air pressure means you have all the fans draw air out of the PC case, while positive pressure means you draw outside air into the PC fan. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Essentially Negative air pressure means you have all the fans draw air out of the PC case, while positive pressure means you draw outside air into the PC fan. 

Sorry, but I don't particularly like the way you describe negative pressure. While it's true, they will actually be drawing air from every little opening in the case (Air 540 has a lot), so essentially unfiltered air will be pulled into the case right along with the dust.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Front - intake

Rear - exhaust

The fan default fan configuration of the Air 540 is optimal for positive pressure. 

so does that mean I'll just change the rear to negative since all the fans are positive by default?

so does that mean I'll just change the rear to negative since all the fans are positive by default?

Negative :P

The rear fan should already be installed in such that it's exhausting.

Negative :P

The rear fan should already be installed in such that it's exhausting.

ok so just to make it simpler to understand (for me), the only fans I'll turn in my case are the ones from the front? and how about the CPU fan? is it set in one direction?

ok so just to make it simpler to understand (for me), the only fans I'll turn in my case are the ones from the front? and how about the CPU fan? is it set in one direction?

Since you will be getting huge dual tower, its only going to fit in one way. The fans should face towards rear of case. And you can even remove rear exhaust fan and move it as intake somewhere else like top. D14 comes with two fans, one in middle and one to either front or rear side of it. Make sure that both of those fans move air towards rear of case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You won't have to turn any fans. They will all be facing the correct way.