Modding a monitor?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

the reason monitors are black is because youre supposed to be looking at the screen, not distracted by red stuff everywhere...

you can add red LED strips on the back of the monitor to add a glow if you want

http://www.ncix.com/detail/antec-advance-accent-lighting-usb-powered-17-70918.htm

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I'm making a very color based, with an RGB keyboard, a red mouse, red leds in the windowed case...

Only the monitor I'm gonna get doesn't have any color besides black.

Can I add leds to it, or colored rings...?

Thanks in advance!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

the reason monitors are black is because youre supposed to be looking at the screen, not distracted by red stuff everywhere...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/antec-advance-accent-lighting-usb-powered-17-70918.htm

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I'm making a very color based, with an RGB keyboard, a red mouse, red leds in the windowed case...

Only the monitor I'm gonna get doesn't have any color besides black.

Can I add leds to it, or colored rings...?

Thanks in advance!

As in a RGB back lighting on the rear of the monitor yeah that's no problem just get a hold of a kit with RGB LED's from Amazon or Ebay with a controller and power source and your basically good to go at making your own LED strips.

You could easily add them but I don't know how you'd want to go about it because it would take away from the aesthetics of the monitor if you just stuck a bunch of LEDs on the front bezels. I could see if you were putting it on the back of the monitor, but I'm not sure.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

Thanks, that's a good idea!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)