remember the good old days. ( 2005 gaming pc build page $500)

Jasfe

Oh boy, and to think i was gaming on a Toshiba laptop in 2005 haha. Ahh the days of low framerate halo trial.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

512mb of ram, that's laughable by today's standards

most peole laugh at 4 gigs... while you can actually get away with that for most thigns nowadays there are a fe games and alot of work programs that utilize/rewuire 8 ore more gigz....

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Oh boy, and to think i was gaming on a Toshiba laptop in 2005 haha. Ahh the days of low framerate halo trial.

Not much changed a year later either-the Tecra M5 struggled to stay above 30FPS at 640x480.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

"The best bargain we could consistently find was a model from eVGA, the 256-A8-N340-TX GeForce 6600 with 256 MB of graphics memory and based on AGP, all for under $120."

More like 224 MB of Vram! Anyone? Okay...

# beating a dead horse

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA 750ti SC http://specr.me/show/658

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fL93YJ
Surrounded by Mormons

The biggest game during that time was Doom 3.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My personal favorite is at page 5 where it states " games are becoming more ram Hungary. Games such as battlefield 2 are seeing the benefit of 2GB of ram. xD 2gb.. 

Theres a home video we have tha I always laugh at, because its my dad talking to my uncle about a game he just bought, one of the old style 200,000 disc games, and my uncle was jealous because my dad had the "screamer" computer needed to run it, because the game needed 8 mbs of ram. 8 mb. 

I should dig out my old Maximum PC magazines and do some scans of the ads from way back when. 

Core i7-2600k @ 4.65Ghz - Asus Maximus IV Gene Z - 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Cerilian Blue - Samsung EVO 840 250GB - Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB - 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 760 SC - Corsair AX850, custom sleaved and length - Silverstone Sugo heavily modified - Full loop with EK blocks and 360 rad, frozenq res.