i7 4770 with stock cooler and suggestions for gpu

hey guys, so i have a recent 4770 without k, and i am running it with the stock cooler right now. The temp doesn't go above 75 degrees (celsius) in the intel extreme tuning's stress tests. do i need to buy another cooler. And the other thing is, i am using onboard graphics intel HD 4600 right now, but i want to buy a gpu. i can't decide between msi r9 280 or asus 760 one, which one do you guys suggest? Or any other gpu suggestions within the approximate price tag? appreciated

edit: btw i have msi h81m-p33 mobo if that changes anything

hey guys, so i have a recent 4770 without k, and i am running it with the stock cooler right now. The temp doesn't go above 75 degrees (celsius) in the intel extreme tuning's stress tests. do i need to buy another cooler. And the other thing is, i am using onboard graphics intel HD 4600 right now, but i want to buy a gpu. i can't decide between msi r9 280 or asus 760 one, which one do you guys suggest? Or any other gpu suggestions within the approximate price tag? appreciated

Welcome to the forums!

It'd be best to have an aftermarket cooler with an i7. While it can handle those temps, its best to keep it cool.

As far as GPU's, a used R9 290/GTX 770/GTX 780 or new R9 280X would be best.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

You only need a better cooler if u want to overclock or if its to loud

I would go for the R9 280 because the 760 will not perform that good but u can also go for the 960

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

I would choose the 760 because r9 280 gets very hot. Go the green path. 

You can do just fine with the stock cooler, but you can buy an Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo which is very cheap. Assuming you're not overclocking. 

Processor: Intel i7-4790K *4,8GHz  Graphics card: MSI GTX 980Ti  Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Vii Hero RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb PSU: Evga SuperNova G2 750W Cooling: Corsair H100i Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD & Seagate Barracuda 1TB Chassis: Corsair 750D Monitor: ASUS Rog Swift PG278Q

You only need a better cooler if u want to overclock or if its to loud

I would go for the R9 280 because the 760 will not perform that good but u can also go for the 960

He cannot overclock because it is not a "K" series  :P

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I suggest the GTX 960

Current System Setup | Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair HX750W 80+ Gold | Display: Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H | Headset: Tritton Kunai | Mouse: EtekCity Scroll X1 | Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 RED LED

I suggest a GTX 760, great overclocker.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I suggest a GTX 760, great overclocker.

well maxwell overclocks even better

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

well maxwell overclocks even better

It's performance per clock as not as good, I've had both. I used to have LTT's fastest 760 and now have the fastest 970. Honestly Kepler is the better platform.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I would choose the 760 because r9 280 gets very hot. Go the green path. 

You can do just fine with the stock cooler, but you can buy an Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo which is very cheap. Assuming you're not overclocking. 

msi r9 280 has twinfrozr, do you think it will get as hot as the reference ones

It's performance per clock as not as good, I've had both. I used to have LTT's fastest 760 and now have the fastest 970. Honestly Kepler is the better platform.

i won't be overclocking my card, and also i don't play that demanding games and i don't want to put anything that has way much performance on this medium level pc for now. i play csgo mostly and some other new games but i am wiling to downgrade some graphics options anyways. and also, on my mobo i have pcie x16 2.0 instead of 3.0, will that make a change?

thats good to know

I'd grab the R9 280 because it's faster than a 760 typically and has that extra VRAM which is becoming helpful in new AAA games.

Your board should be PCIe 3.0 as I don't think any 8/9 series chipset was 2.0.

And temps are looking good :)

I'd grab the R9 280 because it's faster than a 760 typically and has that extra VRAM which is becoming helpful in new AAA games.

Your board should be PCIe 3.0 as I don't think any 8/9 series chipset was 2.0.

And temps are looking good :)

my board has 2.0 i am sure of that, aren't pcie ports backwards compatible that's what i am asking really

my board has 2.0 i am sure of that, aren't pcie ports backwards compatible that's what i am asking really

I stand corrected, it is indeed 2.0.

They're inter compatible but will run at the speed of the slowest part (so a 3.0 GPU will run at 2.0 speeds).

However this has been demonstrated to not make a difference on x16 PCIe 2.0 :)

I stand corrected, it is indeed 2.0.

They're inter compatible but will run at the speed of the slowest part (so a 3.0 GPU will run at 2.0 speeds).

However this has been demonstrated to not make a difference on x16 PCIe 2.0 :)

thank you, i think i will go with the r9 280 unless i suddenly get a budget change. What do you think about  the cpu cooling though?

thank you, i think i will go with the r9 280 unless i suddenly get a budget change. What do you think about  the cpu cooling though?

75c under a stress test is fine :) no need to buy a new cooler