EA Closes SimCity Dev

themodernagenb

so far, cities skylines looks way better than sim city. I am eager to purchase this game and replace sim city with it. however like all games, i will wait till a through review of the game has been released and i feel its worth its price tag. 

CitiesSkylines-780x353_1.jpg

It does look nice, it better be now that likely EA will destroy Simcity even more

-------

Current Rig

-------

This looks pretty much wrong across the board

Sure Visceral is a skeleton crew but they are still around

Dice? isn't closed

Bioware is still in full force

Bullfrog is just now EA UK (besides their head staff left to go make his own company)

I was going to write that Blackbox couldn't maintain the quality in the NFS games, but holy shit they made NHL hitz, the best hockey game RIP

Rip Maxis

Besides Origin is a good service, that way i can lend my friends my EA games without giving out my steam, same reason i like uplay now

Wait, are you really arguing bioware and bullfrog are the same as they used to be?  Are you drunk and on drugs?  They're not.  They're really not.

You also like Origin *and* Uplay *and* steam.

Perchance are you 15?(serious question, nothing bad implied)  Because I was around for Biowares hayday, as well as bullfrogs.  And Westwood, and Origin.  EA buys companies, whores them for their IP, and either shuts them down or makes them make the newest <movie title> game, then shuts the studio down when it flops.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well this sucks! I love simcity, even 2013, I know there were things wrong with it but overall it looked great and was fun to play imo. Good thing they are still developing Simcity and The Sims just as other studio's. I really don't like the look of City's Skylines, i think the textures kinda look non existent in zoomed out mode and people gave Simcity 2013 shit for being simplified yet this is even worse. People are so messed up sometimes like they hate on a company because they expected more from them due to previous projects yet a new comer comes in and does worse in terms of game play but didn't screw up at launch and gets praised? wtf!

It looks like EA thinks gamers like being treated like crap

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Just EA being EA

In their twisted heads, they probably blame them for the controversy of having to pay for pools.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

so far, cities skylines looks way better than sim city. I am eager to purchase this game and replace sim city with it. however like all games, i will wait till a through review of the game has been released and i feel its worth its price tag. 

CitiesSkylines-780x353_1.jpg

First I've heard of this game but it looks interesting. One thing I'm confused about is no support for Intel HD graphics. What would be the reason for this?

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Wait, are you really arguing bioware and bullfrog are the same as they used to be?  Are you drunk and on drugs?  They're not.  They're really not.

QFT

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm not sure how i should feel about this.

I liked sims 3 actually and still play it now and then, never played sims 2 exept on the ps2 but the long loading times ruins it for me. But i do still play it now and then, multilplayer sims FTW.

Sims 4 and simcity 2013 are both a disaster. Which is probably EA's fault. So on one side i'm happy that EA needs to shut down a studio because it's their fault the games they produced were crap. But on the other side, it's maxis... And maxis was a very good company and did some nice things in the past and it's like sims is dead for good now...

Anyway, i think this is a sign more and more people stopped pre-ordering crap and are really trying to make a point with their money by not giving it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

And maxis was a very good company and did some nice things in the past and it's like sims is dead for good now...

No this wont effect development of The Sims or Simcity (much) Op didn't include much but a handful of people will being going to other studios within EA to further develop both games also some other studios already had people working on those games.

No this wont effect development of The Sims or Simcity (much) Op didn't include much but a handful of people will being going to other studios within EA to further develop both games also some other studios already had people working on those games.

Well i know that, but maxis is like the father of the sims, or the mother, whatever, it's like the original version that only they can make. It's like burnout, no other company will be able to make it as good as criterion games could make it.

So you are right it will still be developed, but i'm quite sure the authentic feeling from the sims 2 and 3 is gone because i really don't belive another studio, team or whatever will be able to make a new sims like the old ones.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

So wait...doesn't this mean no more Sim(city) games? I'm actually a little sad if that ends up being the case.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wait, are you really arguing bioware and bullfrog are the same as they used to be? Are you drunk and on drugs? They're not. They're really not.

You also like Origin *and* Uplay *and* steam.

Perchance are you 15?(serious question, nothing bad implied) Because I was around for Biowares hayday, as well as bullfrogs. And Westwood, and Origin. EA buys companies, whores them for their IP, and either shuts them down or makes them make the newest <movie title> game, then shuts the studio down when it flops.

I'm 21, I don't miss punching in serial keys every time I want to install a game

But I prefer to have my games split up because that means that if one service fails I don't lose everything, and I can lend out games without my whole steam account, and origin is far better than steam, as far as customer service, looks and the program in general. Uplay is very unreliable though

RPGs aren't my thing, so I've never been a fan of bioware

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

So wait...doesn't this mean no more Sim(city) games? I'm actually a little sad if that ends up being the case.

I think everyone should know they "closed" Maxis in 2004 when all they did was rename it to the sims studios, for the launch of SimCity they reinstated the Maxis name

And everyone likes to get on the EA hate train, but Maxis didn't have the budget to do everything they wanted before the buyout

Like Maxis chair canned The Sims, and it only got finished when an EA guy saw it after the buy

So without the buyout we could have never gotten the sims,hell they probably would have closed.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

EA are the grim reaper of the gaming world. They have bought and killed so many studios, so many franchises they are possibly the worst thing to ever happen to gaming. In case you hadn't realised, I'm not a fan. Yes some of those studio may have folded if EA hadn't bought them, but they are as good as gone now anyway.