Question about bf4

Thelillypad123

is it normal for certain things to render while you are running towards them? like when im playing I will be running and then all of a sudden things will just appear as if they werent there before. Does anyone know what I mean by this?

is it normal for certain things to render while you are running towards them? like when im playing I will be running and then all of a sudden things will just appear as if they werent there before. Does anyone know what I mean by this?

Texture popping is what you are talking about.

Or render distance is so low.

What settings do you play on?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I know what you're saying, yes, but that shoudnt be happening. Be sure that you are using the correct settings for your hardware.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

It's called texture pop in, and yes it's normal on the Frostbite enginge, It's even worse on consoles. I ran from one side of the propaganda map to the middle before the textures popped in on my Xbone the other day

Also I used to have that problem on my old slow HDD, but when I got my new HDD it was a lot less noticeable. So it could possibly be that your HDD is having problems loading the textures.

My PC Specs

Spoiler

CPU ¦ Intel Core i5 4690k @4.3GHz, Motherboard ¦ ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VII, RAM ¦ 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3, Case ¦ Corsair SPEC-02, PSU ¦ Corsair CX600, Storage ¦ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM, Mouse ¦ Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Gaming Mouse, Keyboard ¦ Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Cherry MX Blue, Headset ¦ Astro A40 2014 with Mixamp Pro, Microphone ¦ Blue Snowball iCE.

Texture popping is what you are talking about.

Or render distance is so low.

What settings do you play on?

like max settings with msaa off on a gtx 780 lightning at 1080p, card can definitely handle that for sure but im not sure why it is so bad.

I know what you're saying, yes, but that shoudnt be happening. Be sure that you are using the correct settings for your hardware.

I have a gtx 780 and im playing on 1080p so really this card shouldnt be doing this right?

I have a gtx 780 and im playing on 1080p so really this card shouldnt be doing this right?

No, it shouldn't. Try reinstalling GPU drivers and checking your internet connection.

No, it shouldn't. Try reinstalling GPU drivers and checking your internet connection.

I turned down my FOV just a little bit and it seems to have gone away

I turned down my FOV just a little bit and it seems to have gone away

Oh, or do that  :D

Oh, or do that   :D

Not exactly sure why that fixed it. I was under the impression that if you could get 100 fps on ultra at max FOV you wouldn't get any texture popping haha. Maybe I was wrong  :(