The replacement for gasoline - nanoFlowcell

ahhming

RIP suck, squeeze, bang, blow. 

No more roaring engines. You will be missed. 

:( They sound so nice though.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

:( They sound so nice though.

When the combustion engine is dead what will the electric car peasants do then? Probably try and tell their twelve year old that the V10 was the devils work. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Lord help the women that get gas and diesel confused now.  :blink:

That was my question too, Is there any fluid leftover from the reaction and if so can it be re-ionized?  What is the cost of producing this fluid in the first place? and is it dangerous to the environment like arsenic etc?

Their website does mention that it will be zero emission and non toxic. Also a quote from their CTO,Nunzio La Vecchia, "Instead of using hydrogen and oxygen as in a conventional fuel cell, we work with two ionic fluids - one with a positive charge and one with a negative charge' 

If hydrogen and oxygen produces water, surely this 'liquid' will produce emission of some sort like water right?

It's all too vague. I personally think they should have showcase more of the technology and have a working concept rather than showing off their car designs (they already have 3 different car variant in plan)

And I never will. This environment is ultimately doomed no matter what we do.

What a great world we'd live in if everyone was like you and gave no shits about the environment; the point isn't to prevent the inevitable doom, the point is to make sure we can postpone it for as long as possible. The point is to preserve it as best as we can for future generations as well as all the wildlife which depends on fragile ecosystems which we've already begun destroying many years ago. We are accelerating the process of extinction at a very alarming rate. And we're also accelerating our own extinction, if climate change continues at its current rate then in a matter of decades we won't even be able to grow enough food for all the population. We'll slowly turn the entire world into a desolate desert.

By the way you failed to properly spell out the plural of "computer" in your signature.

I guess I'm not that surprised by your comment after all.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

What a great world we'd live in if everyone was like you and gave no shits about the environment; the point isn't to prevent the inevitable doom, the point is to make sure we can postpone it for as long as possible. The point is to preserve it as best as we can for future generations as well as all the wildlife which depends on fragile ecosystems which we've already begun destroying many years ago. We are accelerating the process of extinction at a very alarming rate. And we're also accelerating our own extinction, if climate change continues at its current rate then in a matter of decades we won't even be able to grow enough food for all the population. We'll slowly turn the entire world into a desolate desert.

By the way you failed to properly spell out the plural of "computer" in your signature.

I guess I'm not that surprised by your comment after all.

You do realize that absolutely nothing we do will stop climate change right? It's an unavoidable natural process, that we might have accelerated a bit, but the fact still remains that it's unavoidable.

Then again, I expect you think the dinosaurs somehow caused an ice age.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Bodywork looks like it could be a Mazda.

Hope the technology ultimately works as advertised.

With no material biproduct though, it would probably dissipate quite a bit of heat instead. And I bet some Dubai fat cat will buy it anyway and roast his ass off in the desert.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You do realize that absolutely nothing we do will stop climate change right? It's an unavoidable natural process, that we might have accelerated a bit, but the fact still remains that it's unavoidable.

Then again, I expect you think the dinosaurs somehow caused an ice age.

Climate Change is not a term exclusive to the natural phenomena but also the anthropogenic factors which affect it.

It doesn't have a speed, we didn't "accelerate it a bit"...We've induced it ourselves.

Another f**ng Climate Change denier...

Saddening. Truly saddening.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

915.gif

And I never will. This environment is ultimately doomed no matter what we do.

Agreed, however I personally don't enjoy actively poisoning my body and surroundings. 

When the combustion engine is dead what will the electric car peasants do then? Probably try and tell their twelve year old that the V10 was the devils work. 

when(if) that happens, ill be telling my kids that i drove cars that ran on liquid dinosaurs. :P

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

We will all be fucking dead before it becomes a serious problem.   ;)

We will all be fucking dead before it becomes a serious problem.   ;)

I honestly don't understand how you can have this extremely selfish way of thinking. You wouldn't be happy if the previous generation left the entire world for you in complete shambles.

It already is and has been a serious problem for wild fauna and flora for decades now, we are destroying entire ecosystems with no way of backtracking, just remember that we also depend ourselves on the fragile balance of many of them. We've already altered the climate enough to make crop cultivations difficult in places where we've had no issues in the past.

We probably won't have any viable way of colonizing other planets efficiently for a couple centuries, but it'll take less than 100 years to make Earth uninhabitable for our selves if we don't start cutting CO2 emissions drastically right now, we actually should have started doing it years ago. We are already in a bad place. 

I find it hard to get excited about science and cleaner energy when the world is all about commerce and looking to make a profit off something before they use it.  If it wasn't for commerce gasoline use right now would be much less or at zero and so this replacement for gasoline that the OP talks about is hardly exciting with commerce still being around in the year 2015. Die commerce die and then we will see real progress in the world.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Thats nice and all, but it will never replace a gasoline vehicle completely.

Gas cars are just too much fun to drive. I love the roar of a V8 with illegal straight pipes.

it will when there is no gasoline left haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I find it hard to get excited about science and cleaner energy when the world is all about commerce and looking to make a profit off something before they use it.  If it wasn't for commerce gasoline use right now would be much less or at zero and so this replacement for gasoline that the OP talks about is hardly exciting with commerce still being around in the year 2015. Die commerce die and then we will see real progress in the world.

It's profit driven but we've already done too much damage to the environment and worldwide governments are aware of this, plus the oil reserves are quickly running out and if we continue to be allowed to use them at the current rate then in less than 50 years places with moderate climates, like Europe for example, will have turned into desert climates. the places that are already hot will be even hotter, we'll have almost no way of growing food, most flora/fauna will die off and there won't be enough plants to help filter all of the CO2 to give us decently breathable air.

the point isn't to prevent the inevitable doom, the point is to make sure we can postpone it for as long as possible.

I love how the goal for environmentalism seems to constantly shift towards lower and lower goals.

First it was, "Let's save our wonderful world from the inevitable destruction that will happen in FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!!!!!Buy Green™" Then it became, "Let's save our wonderful world from the probably doom that will happen in maybe ONE HUNDRED YEARS!!!!!!!Buy Green™". Then a significant slide to, "Let's do our part!...Buy Green™" Now we're one step above "Whatever...Buy Green™" at "let's just postpone it a bit and...Buy Green™".

There always seem to be a consistent message, though...wonder what it is...

I love how the goal for environmentalism seems to constantly shift towards lower and lower goals.

First it was, "Let's save our wonderful world from the inevitable destruction that will happen in FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!!!!!Buy Green™" Then it became, "Let's save our wonderful world from the probably doom that will happen in maybe ONE HUNDRED YEARS!!!!!!!Buy Green™". Then a significant slide to, "Let's do our part!...Buy Green™" Now we're one step above "Whatever...Buy Green™" at "let's just postpone it a bit and...Buy Green™".

There always seem to be a consistent message, though...wonder what it is...

Why are you labelling me as something and pretending to know what my viewpoints have been before?

The Earth will eventually get destroyed by some natural event such as a large asteroid impact or some other natural catastrophe, eventually something will happen.

Does that mean that we should just treat the world as a huge garbage bin and do whatever the fuck we want and ignore the consequences?

I'm just someone who understands the Science behind Climate Change and the risks that it poses to us.

I'm not some crazy person screaming about the end of times in 15 years then scamming people to buy my shit.

Does that mean that we should just treat the world as a huge garbage bin and do whatever the fuck we want and ignore the consequences?

No, of course not. 

But it doesn't mean that we have to do everything we POSSIBLY can to reduce climate change. 

Do you really know how much co2 relative to the global industries that cars, trucks and buses combined expel? It's something like 1%. 

Anyway that's what I've read,  may or may not be true - but if it is, then it begs the question - why do we waste so much energy and time trying to make that number even smaller?

My point is that we shouldn't waste time and resources on futility and redundancy. We should do what is enough, not everything that is possible to be done.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

No, of course not. 

But it doesn't mean that we have to do everything we POSSIBLY can to reduce climate change. 

Do you really know how much co2 relative to the global industries that cars, trucks and buses combined expel? It's something like 1%. 

Anyway that's what I've read,  may or may not be true - but if it is, then it begs the question - why do we waste so much energy and time trying to make that number even smaller?

My point is that we shouldn't waste time and resources on futility and redundancy. We should do what is enough, not everything that is possible to be done.

...Trying to have a proper argument seems to be impossible in this place.

What is up with the constant straw man BS here? Where was i talking about doing "everything that is possible" or doing every minute thing imaginable?

I am talking solely about CO2 emissions and our dependency on fossil fuels.

You data is incorrect and nowhere was i talking solely about ground emissions.

In 2010 9% was from ground use by vehicles and 91% was fossil fuel usage by industries, data take from Le Quéré et .al 2010.

In 2013, global CO2 emissions due to fossil fuel use (and cement production) were 36 gigatonnes (GtCO2); this is 61% higher than 1990 (the Kyoto Protocol reference year) and 2.3% higher than 2012

In 2014, global CO2 emissions increased by 2.4%

If this linear increase of around 2.4% goes on for another 17 years the average global temperature will be 2ºC higher and we'll have broken our "safe" Carbon budget which is 825 gigatonnes.

With this increase sea level will rise by 1.04M by 2100, Amsterdam will have drowned, coral in the ocean will be bleached (stops growing when temperatures increased to +1.5ºC), every European Summer will be a heat wave, corn and wheat yields will be 20% lower, 13% more heavy rain over land and up to 30% of all living species will be extinct.

There are around 2785 gigatonnes left to burn (includes reserves from all companies -725, remaining company reserves that could be developed -780 and other reserves including state-owned ones -1280)

1Gigatonne=10^9 Tonnes

Also another scary thing which will take longer to happen, once global temperature increases by 2ºC, the Greenland ice sheet will start to disintegrate and will take 50k years to melt with 2ºC warming, but it will raise sea levels by another 6m.