Help me choose a car.

The Great Sayain Man

Besides no... What the hell did you just say? O.o

No...Simply no. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

depends, what kind of driving will you be doing?

Already awnsered that but about 6 miles a day. 5 days a week. (I know that I don't need car. But I can have one.) 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

People telling him to get M3's when he's asking for fuel efficient cars. *facepalm*

Look towards Audi A6 and BMW 3-series diesel offerings. You're gonna have to either buy used or fork out money though (both cases will be worth it though, no doubt). They're going to be fairly expensive to maintain, but so is any modern car.

The A6 is out of my league but the BWM 316i Auto looks good and the 320i EfficientDynamics Edition  would work if I chip in a couple thousand of my own. (I'd prefer not to do that tho.) 

Nissan 200SX (S15) Spec-R. Sweet car to drive and you will have plenty left over after the purchase. Downside is you will most likely have to import it from Japan.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

So I recently passed my driving license (yay me) and I my father offered me to buy me car. When I asked him what budget I would be looking at he said 30000€. I think that is too much but I'm not gonna complain xD 

I'd mostly use the car to drive to school and to university in the future. (Short rides of sub 10 km) I'd like the car to be efficent as I don't feel like paying a shit ton for gas. EDIT: Guys stop recommeding street racer type cars. I cry everytime. (Gas is pricey over here in Germany. You muricans ain't got nothing to complain about.) Since I have a rather high budget (Atleast I think of 30000€ as a high budget for a first car.) I'd like a new car. So no to used cars. I'll mostly use the car alone but I'd still like it to have 4 or so seats. (So I don't want a tiny car like a smart.) I also want it to be automatic as I they are way easier and more relaxed to drive than manual ones. 

I'll be buying it in germany so please try to use european prices. 

I have been looking at the Citroen C4 Cactus as that seems like a good car and I dig the design. My only brand preference would probably be towards Audi. I like Audi. (I'd prefer a Tesla but that's more like 80000€)

So what car should I get? 

Thanks guys :)

Nissan GTR R34 M-Spec Nur  ;)

Look online to see what is available locally.

Anything 30mpg (or whichever system Germany uses for fuel efficiency) and you'll be sitting pretty.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Nissan 200SX (S15) Spec-R. Sweet car to drive and you will have plenty left over after the purchase. Downside is you will most likely have to import it from Japan.

I'd like the car to be efficent as I don't feel like paying a shit ton for gas. EDIT: Guys stop recommeding street racer type cars. I cry everytime. (Gas is pricey over here in Germany. 

Why do you want me to cry xD

2680218.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nissan GTR R34 M-Spec Nur  ;)

Look online to see what is available locally.

Anything 30mpg (or whichever system Germany uses for fuel efficiency) and you'll be sitting pretty.

Guys, please be realistic, you're both proposing cars that have nothing to do at all with what he's looking for.

The A6 is out of my league but the BWM 316i Auto looks good and the 320i EfficientDynamics Edition  would work if I chip in a couple thousand of my own. (I'd prefer not to do that tho.) 

I can really only suggest that you look at slightly used vehicles, as in cars that have barely made it around the block and back. They will be MUCH cheaper than anything a dealer will ever offer you, but much better. :)

Get a Skoda Octavia vRS in you want new... You should look at exdemo cars.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I can really only suggest that you look at slightly used vehicles, as in cars that have barely made it around the block and back. They will be MUCH cheaper than anything a dealer will ever offer you, but much better. :)

Hmmm. You're probably right. I want a new one tho. Guess I'll have to look in to used ones :/.  I probably shouldn't be doing this at 5 am tho xD 

Hmmm. You're probably right. I want a new one tho. Guess I'll have to look in to used ones :/.  I probably shouldn't be doing this at 5 am tho xD 

I'm with you man, Denmark represent. :D Really though you get so much more for your money when buying something that has rolled over the Bordstein. (Trying my best with 2 years of shitty German lessons here :D )

You could probably get a nice VW CC or Passat for that kind of money. I'd go with a diesel :D

I'm with you man, Denmark represent. :D Really though you get so much more for your money when buying something that has rolled over the Bordstein. (Trying my best with 2 years of shitty German lessons here :D )

True. Still looking at the Cactus C4. Woudl you recommend it to me? It's very efficent according to a review I just read. Also dem german skills tho . xD 

True. Still looking at the Cactus C4. Woudl you recommend it to me? It's very efficent according to a review I just read. Also dem german skills tho . xD 

I haven't personally driven the Cactus C4, however if it's anything like the other Citroen's I've driven it'll be sufficient at best, horrible at worst. :( If you're looking at this category of car I would suggest you look towards the east at the Japanese offerings. :)

We have a Cactus on our street White/Black. It looks... Well, not for me anyways. My brother seems to like it though.

Guys, please be realistic, you're both proposing cars that have nothing to do at all with what he's looking for.

I was joking, that's why I used the winky face. I don't know what you have locally available so it's kind of hard to recommend a specific car. I would just count your blessings and be super greatful that he is buying you a car. I had to buy my own first car and I didn't get it until I had been driving for 3 years. That being said, I am very car savvy and used to work as a mechanic, so if you find something you like but would like a "professional's" opinion, then you can PM me and I'll let you know what I think. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I haven't personally driven the Cactus C4, however if it's anything like the other Citroen's I've driven it'll be sufficient at best, horrible at worst. :( If you're looking at this category of car I would suggest you look towards the east at the Japanese offerings. :)

Well I guess that I'll have to do some more research on the topic. Going to bed lol xD 

Good night everyone! Thanks for the help. :) 

Why do you want me to cry xD

It's actually pretty good on fuel if you drive it normally. Only 7L/100Km which is a little more than a camry.

Regardless, if you don't like, get a Hybrid Camry or a Subaru Impreza if you prefer the sporty feel.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Our family used to have a Citroen XM Wagon. Served us quite well. Though, at some point the battery had ended up with a hole in it (don't ask me how...).

We could fill it with more than 90 liters of fuel :D

Well I guess that I'll have to do some more research on the topic. Going to bed lol xD 

Good night everyone! Thanks for the help. :)

Goodnight. Hope you make the right choice in the end. :) If you do have more questions feel free to PM me.

Our family used to have a Citroen XM Wagon. Served us quite well. Though, at some point the battery had ended up with a hole in it (don't ask me how...).

We could fill it with more than 90 liters of fuel :D

Did you ever drive it though? At least the manual version is a huge pain to drive, something that you might be able to get used to but shouldn't have to. The most recent Citroen I drove was a Xsara Picasso, holy hell that was horrid!

Did you ever drive it though? At least the manual version is a huge pain to drive, something that you might be able to get used to but shouldn't have to. The most recent Citroen I drove was a Xsara Picasso, holy hell that was horrid!

Didn't drive it. Since I were like... 10 or something when we sold it :D We were 10 people in that car at one point.

The current car I'm using for work is a Citroen Nemo, 70 HORSES OF RAW POWER. But I could argue that it's a Peugeot/Fiat and not a Citroen.

An Audi @xTrekStorex

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

No...Simply no. 

Awww, por que?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Golf?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!