Instant 3D - Your games in real 3-D on your 2-D TVs

This system extracts 3-D data from ALL of your games and lets you play them in 3-D on ANY 2-D or 3-D TV for a better gaming experience.

“In the unmarked office of 3-D Vision, Inc., you can see a television or PC display a videogame or movie with a convincing stereoscopic effect. That might not seem very unique. However, the television is a CRT from the 1990s, the video game is Super Mario for the Nintendo 64 and the movie is The Wizard of Oz, made in 1939.”

Here is the link - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1991665813/instant-3-d-your-games-in-real-3-d-on-your-2-d-and?ref=category

Who would have thought that all the information was already there to make anything from Game to a Movie or any piece of visual media and could be viewed in 3D on a 2D monitor or TV. This is awesome and if you are not a backer yet, you should be!

Watch the video on the page for more info.

This doesn't interest me much. I already have a 3d tv and I never ever use the 3d option.

This doesn't interest me much. I already have a 3d tv and I never ever use the 3d option.

This is for people who don't have one or have 3D tv that doesn't convert, and it's a lot cheaper.

This is for people who don't have one or have 3D tv that doesn't convert, and it's a lot cheaper.

With what know now about having a 3d solution I still wouldn't go for it. If you have an interest in 3d then this is an amazing option and very cost effective. But for me personally, I've learned that 3d is lost on me hahaha

With what know now about having a 3d solution I still wouldn't go for it. If you have an interest in 3d then this is an amazing option and very cost effective. But for me personally, I've learned that 3d is lost on me hahaha

Fair enough

Really cool! However, I absolutely hate 3d because it gives me headaches.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Besides, couldn't you just duplicate the images anyways to create a second version of it to display to the other eye? That's pretty much what is done, except the image is on the medium, and not duplicated live.(movies)

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

for some weird reason the video makes me think this is a scam lol.

so I'm not the only one that thinks that....

Linus already unboxed a monitor that convert 2D to 3D. (from Samsum IIRC)

Don't look for the video, it was removed I think because Linus had to use the monitor to show that you could play in 3D with AMD video card.

Looks like it could be good, would need more info. However, the production value of that video was terrible. To be honest I am heavily influenced by the video, their choice of music and the design choices on the box and as a result there would be no way I'd invest. I'll be waiting to see. I'm sure there are a lot of others that will be doing the same for the same reasons which is unfortunate. 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Really bad video and it doesn't explain how it works. It basically says "take 2d image -> add magic -> now it's 3D give us money!".

I highly doubt that it will even work. Hell they didn't even show the product! Does it plug in to your TV between the cable and the TV? They literally gives 0 information about the product.

Be warned, probably a scam.

was thinking the same thing

Really bad video and it doesn't explain how it works. It basically says "take 2d image -> add magic -> now it's 3D give us money!".

I highly doubt that it will even work. Hell they didn't even show the product! Does it plug in to your TV between the cable and the TV? They literally gives 0 information about the product.

Be warned, probably a scam.

so I'm not the only one that thinks that....

honestly the video looks like a home shopping network video,where they try to sell a pentium g860 with 4GB ram for $800 and call it an amazing deal.

if this is legit then I feel sorry for whoever came up with it.

because their product will fail due to bad marketing.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

You guys are brutal, and quick to judge! If you look through the Kickstarter page you will see links to lots of videos and articles from many people that have tested the Instant 3-D Converter. They all had only praise for it. If you are in New York, where we are, I invite you to come to our office and test it yourself. It does everything I say on the Kickstarter site. Yes, it is hard to believe, especially since no one else has ever accomplished this. But it is all true. It took yrars and millions of dollars to perfect and patent. I invested all of my money in it! Sorry You didn't like the video. Making professional videos is not my expertise, but a video on a budget was needed to tell people about it. Itwill work with the Oculus Rift, which won't give you 3-D without my system or a game or video that is already 3-D. The 3-D is far better that created by 3-D TV converters. Everything is explained in the video and Kickstarter page, including how you hook it up. It also shows pictures of the current prototype and the current final product design. If you have more questions, just ask. My email is gene.3Dvision@gmail.com.

Isn't it just going to be a device that can output 3D to a 60hz display opposed to needing a 120hz display, and what if the display has really poor pixel response times?

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

You guys are brutal, and quick to judge! If you look through the Kickstarter page you will see links to lots of videos and articles from many people that have tested the Instant 3-D Converter. They all had only praise for it. If you are in New York, where we are, I invite you to come to our office and test it yourself. It does everything I say on the Kickstarter site. Yes, it is hard to believe, especially since no one else has ever accomplished this. But it is all true. It took yrars and millions of dollars to perfect and patent. I invested all of my money in it! Sorry You didn't like the video. Making professional videos is not my expertise, but a video on a budget was needed to tell people about it. Itwill work with the Oculus Rift, which won't give you 3-D without my system or a game or video that is already 3-D. The 3-D is far better that created by 3-D TV converters. Everything is explained in the video and Kickstarter page, including how you hook it up. It also shows pictures of the current prototype and the current final product design. If you have more questions, just ask. My email is gene.3Dvision@gmail.com.

1) I don't believe you are Gene Dolgoff.

2) The Oculus Rift does 3D, even without your thing.

3) I looked through the video and it basically tells people NOTHING AT ALL, except the price. How does it work? I want a technical explanation. I won't be able to copy it either since you got a patent on it. All I want is that you give me a technical explanation of how it works, none of this vague "it takes 3D info that is already present in the game and makes it 3D!" crap.

4) What is the SDK needed for? To get the most 3D out of your game? Does that mean that games which does not use the SDK will look pretty rubbish and that you need the SDK to make a good 3D game?

5) HipHopGamer1... Who the hell is that? Seriously, I looked him up and he seems more like a music fan than a gamer. This video should be more than enough to prove that he has next to no technical understanding at all:

Video where he spews ignorant statements about how consoles are supposedly better than PCs.

Why didn't you invite someone with technical understand to report on the demo. Hell even someone from Gizmodo, which I really dislike, would have been 1000 more creditable than "HipHopGamer1". Invite Anand Shimpi and let him do a report on it.

for some weird reason the video makes me think this is a scam lol.

I agree lol looks really badly made and could be directed by a 4 year old

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but I think I read that somewhere, crt monitors can become 3d monitors. It is impossible to make EVERY TV become 3d. Even for passive 3d, there needs to be a special "coating" on the monitor.

And after watching the video, I really believe this is a scam. Just horrible video, and no real explanation on how it works. Shame on the people who made this

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place