GTX 980: Classified vs G1

MontBlanco

I'm stuck between these 2. Both has 2 8-pin power phase but the classified overclocks upwards to 1650 mhz with modded bios vs the G1 reaching around 1550 mhz. I live in Canada however and the prices are very bad, 700 for the G1 and 829 for the classified. Does the extra 129 worthed? I will be doing a lot of overclocking and also a lot of gaming.

G1, it'll have better cooling, unless you're going to water cool, go with the Classified.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

G1

you should be able to overclock it over 1600MHz anyway

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1080p 120hz. 

970... ;) But theres absolutely no need to pay the additional 130 bucks get the G1.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

970... ;) But theres absolutely no need to pay the additional 130 bucks get the G1.

I see. Okay.

Wut?

For CAD $800 you could get two GTX 970

For CAD $700 you could get two R9 290X

Sadly I have a mini itx so I can't go SLI.

Sadly I have a mini itx so I can't go SLI.

i like the g1 gtx980. the price difference isnt worth it. at that point, its not a matter of performance, its only preference. 

btw, as other said, a gtx 970 would be plenty. but since your asking between two 980s. i have the g1 gtx 970 and its awesome.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Ouch; those prices... I wouldn't spend the extra money for 100 Mhz, unless you plan on doing some benching. Either way, the GTX 980 is not worth the money at this point, you're better off getting a 970 or 290 right now.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal