AC3? Whats it about? Would it be good for me? (its on sale! 13$)

Snickerzz

It's on sale on amazon for 13$ http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00A2Z50KI/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1576072362&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1B6X7TKKW06R876SZZNB

so what is it about? i know is during the time when america was becoming independent from great Britain as far as i can tell. would it be good for me? i like open world games you can explore like gta and shooters like bf3 :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I personally didn't think it was THAT great, the entire story felt pretty meh. Game looked pretty, but ran like shit. I could only get 60-ish FPS on normal settings. As soon as I moved it up to medium... nu uh, not happening. 

I have more than adequate hardware as well.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It's on sale on amazon for 13$ http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00A2Z50KI/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1576072362&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1B6X7TKKW06R876SZZNB

so what is it about? i know is during the time when america was becoming independent from great Britain as far as i can tell. would it be good for me? i like open world games you can explore like gta and shooters like bf3 :D

if you've never played ac before it a decent place to start because it starts with a new ancestor and for that cheap its a lot of game play

Have you played any of the other AC games? If you did you most likely will be let down because for me I couldn't get into the story or into the main character like in the previous games. If this is your first AC game then most likely that you will like it.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Warning: if you have a gpu made by nvidia update your drivers... my drivers were one version behind and I couldn't play the game due to it freezing during one of the cut-scenes. It will save you a lot of head ache.

Just saying :P

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

For $13 its worth trying. It has a lot of gameplay with many many side missions. Before you start you might need to read the stories of the previous Assassin's Creed games (read Wikipedia). The story is a little complex to explain right now but some parts are interesting because it goes along real events from history. You should try it out.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Warning: if you have a gpu made by nvidia update your drivers... my drivers were one version behind and I couldn't play the game due to it freezing during one of the cut-scenes. It will save you a lot of head ache.

Just saying :P

ok, thanks! :)

For $13 its worth trying. It has a lot of gameplay with many many side missions. Before you start you might need to read the stories of the previous Assassin's Creed games (read Wikipedia). The story is a little complex to explain right now but some parts are interesting because it goes along real events from history. You should try it out.

I was planning on buying the entire series actually, i was watching the trailers and the game looks really fun x)

also, kangaroos are awesome :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I would personally start with the first games before AC3, just to understand the story elements in the main storyline (Desmond). Each individual game takes you into the life of Desmond's ancestors (Altair in AC1 set during the crusades, Ezio in AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations set during the Italian Renaissance and in Constantinople) to discover hidden secrets.

AC3 is indeed about America's independence, and has some key events that you get to experience as a part native, part British assassin.

There's certainly lots to explore in AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3; the historical setting is rich in detail, the side objectives can be fun (hunting, particularly). AC1 doesn't have as much exploration aside from the collectible items.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I definitely wouldn't play this without playing the others - there's hardly any exposition (is that the right word to use here?) and the plot moves a long as if you both are up to speed and are into it

the game itself was very disappointing to me, but I think that's partly because Revelations and how it ended was AMAZING and really makes you appreciate it's storytelling. Best ending to probably any game I've ever played

just be sure to enjoy them and not rush through them. the cities they put so much effort to create really need to be taken in and enjoyed. I rushed through brotherhood to finish the series (AC3 wasn't out yet at the time) and wish I didn't 

AC3 is for most AC fan's the weakest of the games for Story but it has the best combat systems and the side missions are can be real fun, I have spent over 10 hours of game play just on hunting alone, for $13 its worth it.

On steam its at £19.99 so it seems its worth getting at Amazon then

Cry Havoc!

the game itself was very disappointing to me, but I think that's partly because Revelations and how it ended was AMAZING and really makes you appreciate it's storytelling. Best ending to probably any game I've ever played

Agreed; Ubisoft spent too many games on Ezio, and he's quite the charming character. I'm not complaining though, they gave both Ezio and Altair a memorable and satisfying ending. Connor in AC3 didn't have as much character development as Ezio, which is the main problem that people had with the story.

I'm interested to see Edward Kenway in AC4: Black Flag though. And of course, Pirates! Arr!

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Agreed; Ubisoft spent too many games on Ezio, and he's quite the charming character. I'm not complaining though, they gave both Ezio and Altair a memorable and satisfying ending. Connor in AC3 didn't have as much character development as Ezio, which is the main problem that people had with the story.

I'm interested to see Edward Kenway in AC4: Black Flag though. And of course, Pirates! Arr!

I just LOVED how the "Revelation" brought the everything - both from the Revelations game, and the whole series up to that point - together in a huge...well...Revelation (heh). It was amazing

then move on the AC3 to see how it progresses from there....and....it didn't really....

I DIDNT MIND how Connor didn't feel as intertwined, but as AC THREE (a numbered entry), it felt disappointing as being largely the least important through the series and progressing the story so little - as well as that ending. I was so disappointed and bored with the ending, I have lost ALL interest in the series. Never before have I lost interest in a series that badly, but AC3 did it for me. I have - 0% - interest for AC4 sadly

but I still think the series up to Revelations is worth buying/playing, especially with the prices we'll see this summer for the whole series. so buy, take your time and take in the environment, and enjoy! Each ending will leave you in awe!

I have lost ALL interest in the series. Never before have I lost interest in a series that badly, but AC3 did it for me. I have - 0% - interest for AC4 sadly

I dunno, I like the concept behind AC4, and that it's more exploration based (sailing to different places, etc). The Naval combat looks to be a huge step up from AC3 too. I'd personally give it a try before I write it off. 

I dunno, I like the concept behind AC4, and that it's more exploration based (sailing to different places, etc). The Naval combat looks to be a huge step up from AC3 too. I'd personally give it a try before I write it off. 

meh, but the ultimate driving factor of the whole series was the mystery the plot left you with - each ending managed to lead to cliffhangars that left you dying to want more. AC3's ending just felt like a hashed together "ending" in comparision. The final conflict wasn't foreshadowed or really relevant until it was suddenly introduced - so I'm suddenly supposed to care? sorry, not personally impressed

all personal opinion of course