NZXT H440 side panel

riixupvp

So I wanted to purchase a silent optimized case, I viewed through all the selections and I really like the h440, the only reason I'm not clicking the *buy* button on my screen is because I can't find a non windowed version of this case, a SILENT case with no option for foam side panel, wth? Is NZXT ever going to release one, or am I gonna have to like glue foam to the side...

There isn't a version without a window-less side panel... I'm not sure why you wouldn't want one... 

There isn't a version without a window-less side panel... I'm not sure why you wouldn't want one... 

W-What?

Fractal Define R5 maybe?

--Xenon-VI - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.34V (Gib 4950X) - MSI MEG X570 Unify -  48GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz - MSI WindForce // NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti @ 2GHz Core 7GHz Mem flashed with 350W BIOS (SOLD, Temporary 1660 waiting for 3090) - 240GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIE - OS Drive - 1TB SanDisk Ultra II SSD - 1TB Crucial BX500 SSD (SHIT, DONT BUY) - 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD - EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold - Lian Li O11D - 9x Corsair SP120RGB - Corsair Commander - Corsair Hydro X Pump/Res - 360mm Thicc Radiator - Hydro X CPU Block - 3090 Waterblock soon come 

1x Acer 27" XV273K 4K 144Hz G-Sync - 1x LG 24UD58 24" 3840x2160 60Hz - 1x Iiyama 28" 3840x2160 60Hz - Valve Index Headset! 

Corsair K95 Platinum RGB MX Reds & Corsair Dark Core RGB 
Philips Fidelio X2HR w/ JDSLabs Atom & Topping D10 DSD DAC

Fractal Define R5 maybe?

The r5 has some glaring issues, the top foam plates and side plate really stick out and make it look ugly. I'm kindof a snob when it comes to looks.

So I wanted to purchase a silent optimized case, I viewed through all the selections and I really like the h440, the only reason I'm not clicking the *buy* button on my screen is because I can't find a non windowed version of this case, a SILENT case with no option for foam side panel, wth? Is NZXT ever going to release one, or am I gonna have to like glue foam to the side...

You could just replace the material with thicker plexi to help dampen the noise from transferring through it or have foam in and around other parts of the case to absorb noise but it's best to start at getting extremely quiet components over trying to dampen noise.

You could just replace the material with thicker plexi to help dampen the noise from transferring through it or have foam in and around other parts of the case to absorb noise but it's best to start at getting extremely quiet components over trying to dampen noise.

Ok.. Do you know which is quieter, the msi 970 or the asus strix?

The r5 has some glaring issues, the top foam plates and side plate really stick out and make it look ugly. I'm kindof a snob when it comes to looks.

I hate windows too that's why I went with the Define R5.

The top and side plates are not foam, they are plastic on the outside and matches the colour of the metal very well. And I think the plates makes it look more interesting like creases on armour, so if it was just a plain top it looks a bit less inspiring and looks like just a long, wide. cheap strip of flat metal running across the top like old computers.

The H440 looks a bit childish in my opinion. I am getting a bit old (19).

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

They both have the 0db fans during idle but at load I'm not too familiar which is more quiet at load, I'm more inclined to say the strix 970 since I've built a system with that card before for a friend but haven't tried my hands on an MSI 970 before.

You could just wear headphones?

If you have case fans they will drown out your GPU.

You can just apply adhesive foam on the window panel and other spots.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I have a H440 and the window is fine and it really REALLY quite! And sexy...............

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

I hate windows too that's why I went with the Define R5.

The top and side plates are not foam, they are plastic on the outside and matches the colour of the metal very well. And I think the plates makes it look more interesting like creases on armour, so if it was just a plain top it looks a bit less inspiring and looks like just a long, wide. cheap strip of flat metal running across the top like old computers.

The H440 looks a bit childish in my opinion. I am getting a bit old (19).

I meant they are foam padding, my bad for wording.

You could just wear headphones?

If you have case fans they will drown out your GPU.

You can just apply adhesive foam on the window panel and other spots.

I would rather not wear headphones, and case fans don't drown out my gpu, I don't know where you heard that lol. my gpu is the loudest thing in my system by far

I would rather not wear headphones, and case fans don't drown out my gpu, I don't know where you heard that lol. my gpu is the loudest thing in my system by far

Both of the GPUs you mentioned has fans that stops spinning below 60 or 65 degrees Celsius.

Both of the GPUs you mentioned has fans that stops spinning below 60 or 65 degrees Celsius.

I don't have either of those gpus... I have a r9 290x currently and about to send it back, and if I were to invest in a silent case I'd invest in quiet fans and stuff.