Military Themed PC Glamour Shots

Nomad45

Hi Everyone,

Here are some pics of my recently upgraded C70 build. V1 of this rig had liquid cooling which I removed for several reasons when I upgraded my GTX 670 to a 970. These pics are first. The mobo is a Sabertooth Z77 and I have a Corsair H105 cooling my 3770K. The bullet holes in the acrylic are my favourite touch! I made a little plexiglass mount for my HDD and HyperX 3K SSD with a Makerbot 2 and my school's laser acrylilc cutter after I ripped out all the drive bays for my LC setup. Yes, I made a ghetto-morphic lens filter for a couple of those shots...

Thanks for checking it out!

D7OKNBK.jpg

R5pZwTa.jpg

1RzCBt0.jpg

QobiY5h.jpg

UkeZ7kx.jpg

cexeLY0.jpg

nZR9PyH.jpg

i quite like the bullet holes , how did the builder do that ?? id like to use that one day xP

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

i quite like the bullet holes , how did the builder do that ?? id like to use that one day xP

Thanks a lot! The bullet holes were done with a drill and a hammer and chisel. The drill was obviously for the hole and I hammered the chisel against the edge of the hole to get it to crack. The 1/8" Lexan is tougher stuff than you'd think. Took quite a bit of force to make it crack!

:o Oooooh that is hot!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Thanks for the comments guys! See my above comment for how I did the bullet holes.

I love the inverse HDD mounting.  Really brings the theme of necessity (eg Milspec stuff) over aesthetic; which ironically makes the aesthetic rather nice.

Also, plugging things in the front actually fits the build in my opinion; seems very utilitarian and military.

Thanks a lot! The bullet holes were done with a drill and a hammer and chisel. The drill was obviously for the hole and I hammered the chisel against the edge of the hole to get it to crack. The 1/8" Lexan is tougher stuff than you'd think. Took quite a bit of force to make it crack!

awesome ! i would have assumes that it would have shattered , so yea id say its stronger then one would assume xP

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I really want to see the pictures, but for some reason they are blocked at school :(

if I remember I will definently take a look when I get home

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Still have my White C70 laying around. Still love that case.

Also, that does not look like complete shit. (As most things do on PCpartpicker) 

And that HDD mount is pretty cool. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I love the inverse HDD mounting.  Really brings the theme of necessity (eg Milspec stuff) over aesthetic; which ironically makes the aesthetic rather nice.

Also, plugging things in the front actually fits the build in my opinion; seems very utilitarian and military.

Thanks! Yeah I probably could have unplugged the stuff from the front before I took these.

I would just take my rifle and shoot the window, gives it a more "realistic" look.  :D

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

I would just take my rifle and shoot the window, gives it a more "realistic" look.  :D

Haha I tried a pellet gun on a scrap piece and it just shattered the whole thing. Even on thicker stuff the cracks would be too unpredictable in size.

Sexy.

But would have been sexier with UV or translucent orange liquid. Pastel is fugly. *shots fired*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Sexy.

But would have been sexier with UV or translucent orange liquid. Pastel is fugly. *shots fired*

I agree. usually I like pastel but in this case, I would've preferred translucent. (Pastel looks way better BTW in gpu waterblocks though).

To @Nomad45:Why'd you ditch the watercooling though! You could have just gotten a block for the 970, sold your 670 block and ta da!

C70 master race!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I agree. usually I like pastel but in this case, I would've preferred translucent. (Pastel looks way better BTW in gpu waterblocks though).

To @Nomad45:Why'd you ditch the watercooling though! You could have just gotten a block for the 970, sold your 670 block and ta da!

It looked like everyone used the translucent so I went with pastel just for something different. I just didn't need the LC setup anymore. It was a fun experiment to do but the pump rattled the steel case too much no matter how I mounted/dampened it. Plus the 970 runs cool enough on it's own that I can OC it almost to the point of artifacting without going over 80C. The backplate and lighting on the 970 looks pretty awesome as well.

It looked like everyone used the translucent so I went with pastel just for something different. I just didn't need the LC setup anymore. It was a fun experiment to do but the pump rattled the steel case too much no matter how I mounted/dampened it. Plus the 970 runs cool enough on it's own that I can OC it almost to the point of artifacting without going over 80C. The backplate and lighting on the 970 looks pretty awesome as well.

I see. The new one looks gorgeous and the Windforce cards ore OC beasts.  ;)

I see. The new one looks gorgeous and the Windforce cards ore OC beasts.  ;)

Thanks. Yeah definitely liking the card. A huge step up from my once state-of-the-art 670.

Damn fuckin' sexy...

Wouldn't it be easier to do the holes with a hammer? The ones that just have a spike at the back side...

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide