The smart projector that fits in any light socket

Mr.Sommer-Hansen

Totally on the wish list  :D

"Beam can turn any flat surface into a big screen. 

You can play games, watch movies or share content from your smartphone or tablet. 
Beam is easy to set up and control with the Apple or Android app."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beamlabsinc/beam-the-smart-projector-that-fits-in-any-light-so

Current Rig(2014): CPU: i5 4670K OC 4.1GHz Cooler: Scythe Grand Kama Cross 2 SCKC-3000 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-D3HP RAM:G.SKILL RipJaws DDR3 2133MHz 16GB (4x4) CL 9-11-10-28

GPU: MSI GTX 760 OC 15% - Kraken G10 + Corsair H75 AIO SSD: 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Case NZXT H440 PSU: Cooler Master 700W silent OS: Windows 8,1 pro

Laptop (2011): MSI FX-700 CPU: i5 460M 2.53GHz RAM: Kingston 8BG (2x4) - CL7 - 1066 MHz DDR3 GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 425M SSD: intel 530 OS: Windows 8,1 pro

10/10 news post...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

IMO Kickstarters shouldn't be allowed in this section until units are released, how many "amazing" kickstarter things have been posted here and never heard of again :P

10/10 news post...

IMO Kickstarters shouldn't be allowed in this section until units are released, how many "amazing" kickstarter things have been posted here and never heard of again :P

Erm...article? Opinion?

when people post news they edit it later

oh and this thing is stupid

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

when people post news they edit it later

oh and this thing is stupid

That shouldn't the case.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

When creating, not after creating. And there's no confirmation OP has any intention of updating his post.

Well he's updated it... still not particularly informative.

snip

tell that to the mods not me

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

The ID of this projector is really quite... Well, I wouldn't call it good. It's neat that you can just put it into a lamp socket and be done with it. But it's not elegant at all to have a cable with a socket and this big round thing on a table. May it be in the living room, bed room or what not.

That is a killer for me.

I'm telling you what the mods told us in that post.

<_< sigh

i meant tell the mods that this topic is breaking coc if it really brothers you this much

because this rule isnt really enforced

The ID of this projector is really quite... Well, I wouldn't call it good. It's neat that you can just put it into a lamp socket and be done with it. But it's not elegant at all to have a cable with a socket and this big round thing on a table. May it be in the living room, bed room or what not.

That is a killer for me.

and why wouldnt we just use a normal plug socket

and why wouldnt we just use a normal plug socket

Because then you wouldn't be able to hook it into a lamp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hehe

I like the idea and design, but maaan that KS presentation video is dumb!

"it can do all the things your standard monitor/portable can do just in much more inconvenient places! "

HURRAY!