Lenovo laptops have been selling with spyware that breaks https security

D2ultima

Basically it's detailed out here in this article from IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/19/lenovo-laptops-shipped-with-https-breaking-spyware-intentionally

Apparently, any notebook (for who knows how long) you purchased from Lenovo with Windows pre-installed has had spyware in it which allowed them (and allows middleman attackers) access to basically any information you send on the net, even through secure connections. Lenovo has since disabled their servers, but the software is still active unless you remove it. This is probably best posted in the Lenovo forums, but half the Lenovo owners here probably don't even go on that forum so xD

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well damn, though I personally would reinstall windows on any laptop that I buy new/used to get rid of any shitware that was put on it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

IGN

EJdhdMe.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is a retoast. I'll see if I can find the link.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

LOL, just bought a Lenovo last week. 

Malwarebytes + Adwcleaner found tons of crap. 

I always scan these OEM things anyways. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

LOL, just bought a Lenovo last week. 

Malwarebytes + Adwcleaner found tons of crap. 

I always scan these OEM things anyways. 

I mean, why wouldn't you?

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Ah. Well I didn't see it here, in the mobile devices market, where people looking for lenovo laptops would look, so... =D

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Ah. Well I didn't see it here, in the mobile devices market, where people looking for lenovo laptops would look, so... =D

It's a lot easier to just use the search box and type in the key words. Google will help you with the rest. Make sure to look for posts that were recent, like within 24 hrs or a week. :D

It's a lot easier to just use the search box and type in the key words. Google will help you with the rest. Make sure to look for posts that were recent, like within 24 hrs or a week. :D

That's not the point though; it's not HERE. In the mobile devices market. Where 90% of this forum users shove Lenovo and ASUS down peoples' throats. I mean I can search for it, but it's a bit of a pointless article if it's not actually in here, repost or not xD.