Ladies please advise me!

S1L3nT

Hi there, I need advise from ladies.. lol. My sister's birthday is coming and she wants a new PC. I wanna make a gift for her. Build one gorgeus PC under 800$. Any female members online ? please give me your advises about design etc. She'll be doing some web surfing, light photoshop editing and lotsa browser games. Thanks in advance :)

What is needed?

Everything including peripherals.

Finishing up my build...

can i be your brother? what would you give a brother?

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Get a pink NZXT phantom

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

If you dont mind, please use pcpartpicker :) she's asking me to build a pc for her for a while and it's a great time I guess..

Finishing up my build...

DSC03932.jpg

Maybe bedazzle the monitor too.

Thanks but she hates that kitty xD 

Finishing up my build...

DSC03932.jpg

Maybe bedazzle the monitor too.

Is that an Acer AL1916W? Linus' first LCD monitor! :D

Have you considered that she doesn't even want to be stereotyped to the point where she wants a girl-ish PC? Maybe she would like a PC that looks like something that any one of on this forum would build.

Have you considered that she doesn't even want to be stereotyped to the point where she wants a girl-ish PC? Maybe she would like a PC that looks like something that any one of on this forum would build.

The stereotypes may have been jokes. But yes, she may not be a stereotypical girl.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The stereotypes may have been jokes. But yes, she may not be a stereotypical girl.

I was referring to the fact that the OP wanted input from only females. Which btw, there aren't many on this forum. The chances of finding a female PC builder with artistic views is next to none.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I mean, if she's the oh em gee one direction kind of girl then sure, but I'm willing to bet she's not.

Anyway, if anything, maybe look for some purple lighting?  It's one of those colors that can be kinda feminine if you want it to be but doesn't have to be.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I'll give you the same link as I allways give to anyone asking for an $800 PC

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aaiH

It's got a quad core and an 7870 XT

(those free games!)

For the kind of usage she describes a 7870 XT doesn't make much sense, if she can manage having data on two drives she'd be better off with a 650 (maybe even lower) and an SSD. Or she can try squeezing an i3 build and use intel smart response...

Yeah I was thinking something like a white Prodigy, not very girlish but not too aggressively stiled either...

Do you notice something? I don't think anyone who answered is a girl :lol:.

Do you notice something? I don't think anyone who answered is a girl :lol:.

Yeah, I described that in a previous post.

I'll give you the same link as I allways give to anyone asking for an $800 PC

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aaiH

It's got a quad core and an 7870 XT

(those free games!)

good build ,,, even if she does not use it, it makes no sense to get something less powerful well maybe a smaller gpu may help.... ok placed in a smaller gpu and fit every thing in that 800 dollar budget (display keyboard and all dem other stuff)  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1c1ea

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

instead of building a stupid pc that is so feminism looking, why don't you consider a sleek looking case? Ladies love apple's sleek design. Get a fractal design define r4. Or maybe get the arc midi so it's nice and small since ladies love small things (exception to down there boys ;) )

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/crystal6tak/saved/1Sha

CPU: Intel i5-3470

MB: Asrock H77M Micro ATX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4) 1333

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM

GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB

Case: Fractal Design Define Mini

PSUSilverstone Strider Essential 600W

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST

Total: $728.48

I left out $71.52 for peripherals as I didn't add any since their looks are subjective. I used a micro atx case because females like cute stuff right? And scientifically speaking the smaller the cuter. The case is sleek too if that matters. Also I don't expect although you didn't mention your sister on overclocking so I threw in i5-3470 and a non oc board to save a few bucks for peripherals. The board does support crossfire which is why I threw in a 7790 so if your sister ever plan on some hardcore gaming she has the option of getting a second 7790. In my understanding flash based games uses more cpu than gpu so the i5-3470 should be plenty for those type of usage. I also threw in an optical drive as you didn't mention if your sister uses it or not but it's there if it's needed.

For peripherals,

EOOnw.jpg

For mice, I barely get to find one for ladies.

Does she need peripherals like gamepad, steering wheel, mic, headset etc all those?

Thanks guys and sorry for pretty little info. She hates One Direction and pink color.. she's more like old school I mean like Nirvana Gunsnroses korn etc. loves rock. Green is her fav. color

Finishing up my build...

This.

I'm not a girl but seriously I doubt your sister would want a Hello Kitty case. Get something from the Corsair Obsidian series or Fractal Design. Minimalistic cases at their finest.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Thanks guys and sorry for pretty little info. She hates One Direction and pink color.. she's more like old school I mean like Nirvana Gunsnroses korn etc. loves rock. Green is her fav. color

I think you can get bitfenix prodigy in green (at least shown in their site http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/prodigy/)

What will she use her system for?

Here's an idea: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1ckUR

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.