Healthy Food to Take to School

reapersivan

Hello there, I currently have been eating the school lunches, which are alright but unhealthy, everyday there is Pizza and Grilled Burgers, I have gotten tired of it and have decided to bring my own lunch or breakfast for school. Any ideas on things that could substitute a Burger or anything else? A home made healthy snack? I will try fruits. I NEED to eat healthy and any suggestions would be great!

Oranges, a sandwhich of your liking? When I made my lunch I made burritos.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Pizza and burgers at school!? Where do i enroll?

Rye bread sandwitches would probably be good. Or fruit.

Surströmming might be fun too. But i suspect you might not be allowed to bring it more than once

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Try and salad, or a sandwich with vegis and some meat. The trick is to keep mixing up what you make, so healthy never becomes boring. ;) GL!

Surströmming might be fun too. But i suspect you might not be allowed to bring it more than once

The Pizza is gross, unknown delivery brand and the crust is ashy, want to see a pic? The burgers are great, but I gotta stop eating bad

My "typical guy answer" that I use to piss of the women in my life? The edible kind of food.  :P

Seriously tho... when I was in school, my favorite lunches to pack were ham or turkey sandwich with extra sharp cheddar cheese (I'm from Wisco so I used a LOT of cheese, lol), and usually mustard. Then I would pack snack baggies of carrots, green bell peppers, celery with peanut butter and raisins, an apple and an orange. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Try and salad, or a sandwich with vegis and some meat. The trick is to keep mixing up what you make, so healthy never becomes boring. ;) GL!

I did Salad for one week straight, ended up rushing on eating so that the Hell would stop. I kinda love/hate it

Here's what you do.

Get a piece of flatbread, particularly the Flatout brand.

Put the following:

Ham

Spinach

A dab of Mayo

Roll it up

Cut it into rolls.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

tuna salads are great

Super great source of protein, plus you get Omega 3.

I also liked my mom's home made chicken salad sandwiches (she added grapes for a little bit of sweet to compliment the "tartness" of the home made mayo). Yum!

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I take about three oranges to school with me. Or, drive to Subway and spend a couple bucks on a 6" sammich.

SUBWAY! I live near one and my school is 30 mins from it. I walk to school every day. I would need to walk earlier. I always eat Footlongs. Flat bread, lettuce, swis cheese, tomatoes, ranch, mustard, tuna, pickles, jalapenos, toasted...

Super great source of protein, plus you get Omega 3.

I also liked my mom's home made chicken salad sandwiches (she added grapes for a little bit of sweet to compliment the "tartness" of the home made mayo). Yum!

hmm grapes.. interesting..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I chuckled at the mention of Surströmming. Or did I upchuck? Eh, I guess either is fine.

Legitimate question: Do you like Surströmming?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Here's what you do.

Get a piece of flatbread, particularly the Flatout brand.

Put the following:

Ham

Spinach

A dab of Mayo

Roll it up

Cut it into rolls.

Now that is perfect! Isn't white bread bad for you?

I take about three oranges to school with me. Or, drive to Subway and spend a couple bucks on a 6" sammich.

yeah......what if some schools don't allow you go off campus?

The Pizza is gross, unknown delivery brand and the crust is ashy, want to see a pic? The burgers are great, but I gotta stop eating bad

Having worked at McDonalds right next to a Pizza Hut, I can tell you that eating burgers and pizza almost every day is THE WORST thing your can do to your body.

END OF LINE

I chuckled at the mention of Surströmming. Or did I upchuck? Eh, I guess either is fine.

Legitimate question: Do you like Surströmming?

no..no..Hell no. A friend of mine insisted that i tried some (That had been prepaired properly. And the can was opened under water = no smell) Still tasted like rubbery arse..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Tuna sandwich in muiltigrain bread is really nice especially if you buy the tune w/chilli.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Nah, the good part about this brand that it isn't white bread. It's a whole wheat bread with 6g of protein and 3g fiber.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I would say my favorite is leftovers, and a couple pieces of fruit, but short of that I like to make a sandwich with ham, tomato, lettuce, and olive dip.

But if you are not eating healthy dinners either then leftovers isn't much good, however if you are eating healthy dinners, just make a bit extra, or if its your parents making it, ask them to make a little extra.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

yeah......what if some schools don't allow you go off campus?

Mine does, if you are a senior or have sports

no..no..Hell no. A friend of mine insisted that i tried some (That had been prepaired properly. And the can was opened under water = no smell) Still tasted like rubbery arse..

Are you kidding! Yum Yum. :)

Tuna sandwich in muiltigrain bread is really nice especially if you buy the tune w/chilli.

John West, the best!

(Or Aldi :P)

Yea oranges are really good for school lunch. And mandarins if you can't stand peeling/cutting an orange.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

SUBWAY! I live near one and my school is 30 mins from it. I walk to school every day. I would need to walk earlier. I always eat Footlongs. Flat bread, lettuce, swis cheese, tomatoes, ranch, mustard, tuna, pickles, jalapenos, toasted...

Unless you look specifically for whole wheat with no corn syrup...most bread is horrible for you, unfortunately :(

But heres what I did:

Grilled chicken. Get bags of frozen chicken breast, and cook it up on sunday. Then, mix it up a bit. Make some teryaki style, some just on a salad, maybe some with curry. Chicken is loaded with protein and is just good for you in general.

Chicken wraps. Spinach, chicken, sharp cheese, tomato, onion, chicken in  tortilla, yummy. 

Hummus and veggies, maybe a pita. 

Just salads, but load them up. Add some cranberries, some chicken, maybe some almond slivers. Find some vinaigrette you like. 

Soups. Make some up of a type you like, and just heat it up.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200