M-ATX motherboard for new gaming PC

Go to solution Solved by Syfes,

I'd go for the Gigabyte one because of good experiences with the brand in the past, but they'll all work pretty much the same.

I need help choosing a motherboard for my new gaming pc that will be built in a few weeks.

I have narrowed it down to these:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97mxgaming5

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-fatal1tyz97mkiller

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97mocformula

Let me know which one you would go with.

I'd go for the Gigabyte one because of good experiences with the brand in the past, but they'll all work pretty much the same.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

cant believe im saying this but the gigabyte

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'd go Gigabyte or for the OC Formula.

Though neither would be my top choice. (Asus Gryphon Armor Edition)

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

ASUS Gryphon Z97 with the Armor Kit

Plasti Dip the Armor Kit whatever color you want before installing it on the motherboard

product_gz87_large_03.jpg

I'd go for Gigabyte or AsRock Killer.

Differentiating factor is if you like more or less red.

"Rawr XD"

why no love for the fatal1ty

i wouldn't know anything about asrock because i have never used one of their board in a build.

i have always stuck to asus and gigabyte, i only thought about the asrock boards because they look damn good

ASUS Gryphon Z97 with the Armor Kit

Plasti Dip the Armor Kit whatever color you want before installing it on the motherboard

The board itself is already not worth the cost over the boards listed in the OP, and on top of that the armor is sold separately. 

"Rawr XD"

why no love for the fatal1ty

i wouldn't know anything about asrock because i have never used one of their board in a build.

I just voted for it, lol

Personally I'd go for the AsRock Killer, it's just that some people don't like that much red so in that case Gigabyte. Either one are good.

I've used AsRock plenty of times before with no issues.

"Rawr XD"

Why Z97? Z87 could be like $10-35 cheaper. There's a MSI one for $80 right now https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87mg43

The only problem with that one is if you don't want blue in your build or you need SLI support.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

+1 for the Gigabyte. 

Honestly, any of them would be fine. The Asrock is also fine, but... having gone Gigabyte > Asrock > gigabyte in the last few yesrs.... the asrock boards have been thinner and seem cheaper in quality. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

i'll be going gigabyte this time around then.

Asus just cost too much for me this time around.

Especially since i just ordered the Asus X99 E-WS.

I hope it is as good as the X79 E-WS.