Never watched a Star Wars movie. Where should I start?

PlayModeOn

I know a bit sad that haven't seen a single Star Wars movie.

Ok maybe I have seen one but as a young child I would not remember the movie or the name for that matter.

So is it worth watching from the very first film (I don't even know how many there are or their names)? What is your favourite or least favourite Star Wars film/sequel? Have you not watched any Star Wars film like me?

Thanks.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

I know a bit sad that haven't seen a single Star Wars movie.

Ok maybe I have seen one but as a young child I would not remember the movie or the name for that matter.

So is it worth watching from the very first film (I don't even know how many there are or their names)? What is your favourite or least favourite Star Wars film/sequel? Have you not watched any Star Wars film like me?

Thanks.

Brb crying

Edit: k most of the tears are gone start with episode 1 and then go to 6.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

In rankings of awesomeness:

5, 3, 4, 2, 1, 6

Now all you nerds can come at me for trashing 6 (it was shit, on par with 1), 4 and 2 were meh, 5 and 3 were the epitome of their respective trilogies. 

Yeah watch them in the correct order please just don't judge the rest on the first ones lol

Either in chronological order (1,2,3,4,5,6) or in release order (4,5,6,1,2,3)

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

4-5-6-1-2-3

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Start in order. 1-2-3-4-5-6

is-hr-evidence-based-are-you-kidding-me.

They were released in this order: 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. 

You can honestly watch either trilogy first, but that order is preferred since the movies get better effects and such as time goes on. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You can honestly watch either trilogy first, but that order is preferred since the movies get better effects and such as time goes on. 

I only like to watch it in that order because you get past to present and I could care less about effects.

Start with 4, then watch 5, then 6.

Throw 1, 2, and 3 in the trash and pretend they never existed. (seriously, do yourself a favor)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4-5-6. 

Don't even watch episodes 1-2-3.

Absolutely Terrible. 

It's like you've just watched something awesome, and then you go and watch the prequels (especially the phantom menace) and it's like George Lucas just took a massive crap on it.

Here, these should explain:

http://whatculture.com/film/15-reasons-why-star-wars-prequels-sucked.php

i7-4790K @4.0 GHz [] Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark II [] 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz [] EVGA GTX 970 SC [] Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 [] Samsung 840 Series SSD [] Corsair HX750 [] Samsung S27D390HS 27" [] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 [] Corsair M65 RGB [] Razer Kraken Pro [] Windows 8.1 [] http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jix/saved/kYWPxr

I would say 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. Only because Episode I does something that kinda cheapens the rest of the series. It would be better to enjoy the origional trillogy without that happening first.

For the people saying not to watch the first 3, ignore them. They're good  movies if you just want to turn off your brain for a little bit. :P Asside from some very poor plot and casting decisions, they were pretty fun to watch.

I would say 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3. Only because Episode I does something that kinda cheapens the rest of the series. It would be better to enjoy the origional trillogy without that happening first.

Or just never watch 1, 2, and 3 because they ruin the entire series.

Just for laughs

"it's is as if millions of voices cried out....in relief"

Got 2 options 4,5,6,1,2,3 (the way they were released)

Or 1,2,3,4,5,6 (the way the story goes)

I'd do the second option, but as said before, don't watch Episode 1 and think they're all that bad. 4,5,6 are better than 1,2,3. Although I liked 3.

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8278-S.html

Go with 4-5-2-3-6 so that you get the original trilogy awesomeness as well as the back story of the new trilogy without the suck of 1 and so that you go into 6 with some scene of what is going on.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

Just for laughs

Everything about that was amazing. :D

Watch it 1,2,3,4,5,6. You'll be saving the best 'till last and you'll get the story in order.

Start in order. 1-2-3-4-5-6

WHAT?! That....that...BLASFEMY!

4-5-6-1-2-3

Good man!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Watch it 1,2,3,4,5,6. You'll be saving the best 'till last and you'll get the story in order.

No. Not at all. Terrible, your idea gave me cancer.

is-hr-evidence-based-are-you-kidding-me.

The opening scene to Episode 3 - brilliance. The 'single camera' followthrough was pretty incredible the first time I saw it, I was in love. 

This is some next level blasphemy but Obi v. Ani fight > Luke v. Darth fight. But I think thats a result of the effects getting better and the fight choreography becoming more sophisticated, which I wasn't against. 

Cool thanks guys.

Geez 6 films?? I think I gonna have to be locked inside my room for awhile ^^

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Just for laughs

Sorry I can't watch this - Spoilers. But I will afterwards :P

Please no spoilers in this thread!

I think I will go with 456-123 order since I want to see the evolution of these films (special effects and such). Cheers.