Xbox 360 controller stops working after 5-15min

Hello lads,

I have a strange problem. I have my 2 xbox 360 controllers (wired version from ebay) connected to lenovo e420s. And after 5-15 minutes controllers just simply turn off. They start working again only if i reboot my pc or plug them in another usb port.

If anybody has any idea what could be wrong or how can I solve that I would be very happy.

Have a nice day Strudl ;)

what happens when you plug the controller in and out but in the same port ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Hello lads,

I have a strange problem. I have my 2 xbox 360 controllers (wired version from ebay) connected to lenovo e420s. And after 5-15 minutes controllers just simply turn off. They start working again only if i reboot my pc or plug them in another usb port.

If anybody has any idea what could be wrong or how can I solve that I would be very happy.

Have a nice day Strudl ;)

I've had this problem on low battery/ old rechargable battery. Those rechargable units sit on the shelves for months in some places. they don't react well when you finally plug them in.

Try updating your drivers!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

So I forgot to tell this happens after 5-15minutes of gameplay in Blur and it happens only if there are 2 of the controllers plugged in. With only one it works just fine. Drivers are newest. Its wired controller so there is defenitly no problems with batteries.

When I plug it in and out, controller is detected in devices and printers and device manager but it doesnt work. Green light on the controller doesn't turn on and none of the controls work.