So I almost had a heart attack

TopWargamer

I once spilled acetone on a power strip, my laptop power brick cable, and a good chunk of my keyboard.  Lucky for me acetone evaporates quickly and not much else. Keyboard was a loss but was a cheapo.

When I first got my PSP, I was unboxing it, while standing over my bed.

As soon as I pulled the console out, it fell onto the bed, and almost bounced off the bed. Luckily, I stopped it with my knee ;)

The pain was worth it.

I almost have an heart attack when I drop my 3.5"HDD like 8 inch from the ground onto the floor... Thought all my data was gone but it didn't due :)

I built a new machine and it had dead inboard audio but the retailer would only accept it if I only took in the motherboard by itself. Fair enough. I was taking off the heatsink and the bigger had cemented itself to the CPU and as I tried to seperate the heatsink from the CPU bam it ripped the CPU right out of the ZIF clamp bending a couple of pins. I managed to straighten them up ok. I should have fired the PC back up and tried to seperate them when they were warm but I was in too much if a rush. I think I separated them with a knife in the end. Again... Not smart...

I overclocked my GTX 480 to 950 MHz on air and ran furmark.

I think I saw a blue spark. It worked fine after a restart though.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

There was a time where I wasn't able to boot my pc because of BSODs. So I took my RAM out. Put it back in and I never had a BSOD again.

Twice I've dropped a pint glass worth of water into my old Lycosa. Survived both times, and after like 5 minutes of blowing with a compressor I could use it again.

When I was younger, I made a ghetto fanspeedreducer. I had no clue what I was doing, and obviously I didn't work. It ended up melting all the connected wires on the PSU. Yet nothing happened to the rest of the computer :)

I was trying to remove a heatsink from an AMD Phenom II X4 CPU but the thermal paste was holding it together.

So I twisted and turned the heatsink to try and get it and and *pop* out comes the CPU with it. This is without the safety latch being pulled up meaning it should've been pretty securely in there.

This almost gave me a heart attack because this was my first computer and I didn't have the money, time, or energy to get a new one then.

Well, I decided "oh well", pried the CPU off the Heatsink and re-seated it after inspecting all the pins. Everything seemed fine.

After re-installing everything along with the new heatsink, the computer worked like a champ and has been to this day. 

My respect for the ruggedness of CPU's grew tenfold that day.

OMG haha this happened to me with the same cpu haha, Stupid amd need to secure the cpus in the socket properly like intel, I had a mini heart attack too 

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Had a game in my disc drive when I was installing a game once and all of a sudden hear this god awful rattle and then smash, Turns out the disc had smashed to pieces inside the disc drive haha, I opened it and bits of disc just came out on the tray :P Safe to say that drive nor the disc worked again

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

The worst ones though, was while I worked at a hospital. When I had take down old switches and set up some new ones. While moving cables from the old to the new switch, hoping that spanning tree would do it's thing. And hope that there no such thing as a PoE hospital respirator.

Or shutting down the wrong port. It might not give a heart attack, but it sure as hell can make you run fast :)

Oh fixing stuff in a room with a jar containing a human brain is really disturbing.

my heart attack moment involved chest pain.
lol

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Reminds me of a while ago I got a new laptop pc. Not even after 2 hours I spilled apple juice allover the keyboard. Took me forever to take apart all of the keys to clean them. 

Had a game in my disc drive when I was installing a game once and all of a sudden hear this god awful rattle and then smash, Turns out the disc had smashed to pieces inside the disc drive haha, I opened it and bits of disc just came out on the tray :P Safe to say that drive nor the disc worked again

This happend to me once too... except that the pieces came flying out of the drive just missing my legs...

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Never used a modular PSU in my life. When I connected the 24 pin to the PSU I didn't do BOTH connections because I wasn't sure what it was for and didn't want to overvolt my mobo. So it was pretty much dead when I tried to start it up. I freaked, as I had ordered PSU first on sale, and it was on it's 28th day before I could put it into the new PC. Once I realized my error, I plugged that in and havent had any trouble with it since.

Thankfully I can say that I've never had any heart attack moments...*knocks on wood*

Mine was when i was assembling my current rig... First time building and i was having trouble trying to screw in the Hyper212Evo.

Forcefully pressed down the other diagonal (Lol totally bad way to screw in.. don't learn) while i screwed in the cooler when i heard a heart wrenching crack/popping sound. Thank God nothing was damaged at all but dang, definitely a thing to remember for my next build and on..

I had my phone in my back pocket whilst walking along and slipped on some ice (it was winter but no snow) and landed hard on my arse. I thought that that was the end of my phone (I had it for just a week and a half) but miraculously it was fine, not one scratch. Props to Corning (and Samsung) on that. 

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

This happend to me once too... except that the pieces came flying out of the drive just missing my legs...

O.O

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

About an hour ago I dropped my phone, fell about 2 feet then I managed to catch it. I maybe Dim's apprentice, I ain't sayin' nothin'...  :rolleyes:

About an hour ago I dropped my phone, fell about 2 feet then I managed to catch it. I maybe Dim's apprentice, I ain't sayin' nothin'...  :rolleyes:

Wow. Practice and then prepare to travel the world Mwahahahahaha

My cathode lights caught in flames when I was at school. Came home and smelt smoke in my room. Everything else was fine.

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons | 

This wasn't really a tech issue, but the other day when I was stress testing my cpu I read the Fahrenheit temp as Celsius, I flipped out for about a minute before realizing that I was just an idiot.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

Had a crap rosewill PSU literally blow up. Shorted out all my parts, light on fire, and smelled like crap and i lost hearing in one ear for like 3 days. 

I made the optical drive that died into a coaster :p

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I brought a radeon 6770 and my dad wanted to see it, i went down stairs and completely fucked up and fell to the bottem in a bundled and mildly winded state, two blades fell of the fan and the sides of the heatsink had gone to hell. It still works. It made a weird whistle noise however.

im guessing the 6770 was a long time ago?

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

My external hard drive fell off a metre high cabinet, landed on wooden floor. Took it out of the enclosure and now using it as my primary hard drive;) still works haha.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>