Lg UM95 Or The ROG Swift?

ATLASINCARNATE

What's up guys.. Hands down, this has got to be one of the hardest decision I have ever made relating to monitors. So I recently put together a gaming rig and have been gaming on a 1080p monitor, which is a great experience, but, it's time for an upgrade. I have been just beside myself trying to decide on getting either the ROG Swift with an incredible refresh rate, extremely low input lag, g-sync, and better than the average TN panel (or so I have heard). Or the absolutely gorgeous 3440x1440 21:9 aspect ratio IPS goodness.

The reason this is such a hard decision is because I love to enjoy games in as much immersion as possible, as I am sure a lot of gamers do. And the UM95 provides that experience with flying colors, I am aware that not all games support 21:9 but it is incredible when they do. But I also love playing competitively, and the Asus gives an untouchable competitive gaming experience, and is just an all around excellent monitor, but I don't actually know that because I have only seen the UM95 in person.

Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would wait until Asus releases there next iteration of the Swift monitors. Of which I think there will be IPS/higher res variants.

Another thing to consider is whether or not your computer can actually make use of the higher refresh rate in games.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

Competitively? So you need 144Hz.

Maybe look at the cons and which one you can live with more. Swift = lesser color reproduction, viewing angles (although they're pretty good). UM95 = no fully compatibility with games, no height adjust etc.

Also important, is asking yourself whether you have the GPU power to push these monitors.

@ATLASINCARNATE

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I would wait until Asus releases there next iteration of the Swift monitors. Of which I think there is a IPS variant, as well as even higher resolutions.

Another thing to consider is whether or not your computer can actually make use of the higher refresh rate in games.

Good advice man, thanks. And yeah, I am well aware of how taxing running at those resolutions can be on your gpu.

What's up guys.. Hands down, this has got to be one of the hardest decision I have ever made relating to monitors. So I recently put together a gaming rig and have been gaming on a 1080p monitor, which is a great experience, but, it's time for an upgrade. I have been just beside myself trying to decide on getting either the ROG Swift with an incredible refresh rate, extremely low input lag, g-sync, and better than the average TN panel (or so I have heard). Or the absolutely gorgeous 3440x1440 21:9 aspect ratio IPS goodness.

The reason this is such a hard decision is because I love to enjoy games in as much immersion as possible, as I am sure a lot of gamers do. And the UM95 provides that experience with flying colors, I am aware that not all games support 21:9 but it is incredible when they do. But I also love playing competitively, and the Asus gives an untouchable competitive gaming experience, and is just an all around excellent monitor, but I don't actually know that because I have only seen the UM95 in person.

Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

As someone who uses ultrawides and a 4K pro monitor at work, and more ultrawides at home, I think you'll know my answer.

You can't beat the immersion of the 21:9 monitor. 144hz is nice, but full FoV fill is much better, in my opinion.

You'll love them from the minute you plug it in.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

wait 5 months and get acer xr341ck?

ye, it will prob be a bit more expensive, but if you can afford 700$, maybe you can afford 800$ too?

wait 5 months and get acer xr341ck?

ye, it will prob be a bit more expensive, but if you can afford 700$, maybe you can afford 800$ too?

That monitor looks freaking sweet... I am guessing it will be around $1600, haha

I honestly think you would like either one you get and would not regret it. That being said, my personal choice would be 21:9 because I have never owned a 21:9 monitor and I would rather have an ips panel than to 144hz.