gs 30 or desktop + laptop combo?

applesuxD

I would personally go with the pc laptop combo

i can build a more powerful pc and get a laptop for cheaper

but they have alot of useful features such as windows and all the goodies, the speakers? the psu etc

i left 2 more choices for those who might wanna pick them ^^

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Personally I would go for desktop only, but you seem to want a laptop.

I would say a 1200 dollar PC and spend the rest on a laptop (something like that, I thought the GS30 was that much..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Personally I would go for desktop only, but you seem to want a laptop.

I would say a 1200 dollar PC and spend the rest on a laptop (something like that, I thought the GS30 was that much..)

going 1.5-2.5 on desktop and picking a laptop later

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Depends. With my current living arrangement I'd take a desktop and laptop (though I don't need a laptop at all at the moment). However I do know I'd prefer the laptop + dock combo (not the GS30, a second or third generation product where it isn't horrible) if I was at uni in a dorm room.