Opinions on Razer Tiamat 7.1/2.2

Hello possibly picking up the Razer Tiamat 7.1 and I just wanted some opinions on the headset also would be nice to hear about any one who has used the 2.2 model with 2 sub-woofers built in to the headset. Personally I think the device will have the best sound quality available for a current headset.

-OneManArmytstead

If you need sound quality, go for stereo with 2 subs, no doubt about it.

if you want quality you go stereo.

can someone tell me why the heck razer thinks .2 is needed in a headphone?

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

if you want quality you go stereo.

Because they have 2 drivers per ear? :P

Headsets are a joke when it comes to good sound.

the same reason they think 7.1 is a good idea in a headphone, I suppose

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I say they should just go with 3d sound. 360degree sound surround sound is last year.

8 speakers

front top right, front top left, front bot left, etc.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

If you have to get "gaming headsets" or "gaming speakers" at least go with something not from Razer. Even still get something from a real audio company.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Get something with 2.0, and use software for surround. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Don't buy a freaking gaming headset with branding all over it to make you look like a freaking nascar driver.

Get a decent pair of headphones instead. And use virtual surround.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I've got the Tiamat 7.1's and I can't recommend them. The sound quality on the surround isn't nearly as good as it should be, and the 2.1 option is TERRIBLE. I have them hooked up to a Xonar DSX 7.1 and even that can't help the quality.

I find 9/10 times i prefer to use my speakers. Logitech Z-2300's which I hope never die :D

MY BUILD | Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H115i | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 1600Mhz | Intel 330 180GB SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 2x WD Red 2TB | OCZ ZX 850W 80+Gold | NZXT H442 Razer Edition | LG 34UC88-B 21:9 3440x1440 | Razer Kraken | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Razer Naga 2013 | Logitech Z-2300 | Steam/Xbox Live Gamertag: Jay Slasher

The tiny drivers they use sound like crap..Better to have 2 bigger drivers in each ear and use virtual surround..

Don't get "gaming headsets". Get a proper pair of headphones, and then a clip-on mic or some cheap desk mic.

• 2 weeks later...

The things you can do with virtual surround blows my mind. I'm using a cheap $40AUD 2.1 Microsoft headset, and even that gets some decent surround effects. Get a good pair of 2.1 headphones.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness